RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, WanT said:

RTX 2070 (Armor) - got the same problem(s) (BSOD - Kernel / Pool / etc.) since about 3 day's now. 
Game ran smooth as silk from christmas up to about the 5th of january. 

Haven't changed any settings (I let Nvidia Experience find the perfect settings - everything on epic, except terrain shadow).
Driver: 417.35 (haven't changed anything via msi afterburner - so "normal" values)
Driver was 417.35 all the time (from christmas onwards, so ark always worked with it ...)

From the 25th (december) up to the 5th (january) I got about 80 hour's (81 according to steam) with no problem(s) at all. Since the 5th (january) I get one kind of error + bs + reboot at radom times (from 2 min up to about 40 min played, never got the play longer after the 5th before a crash happened).

I am not using any mods (except S+) and my windows is kinda "fresh" (new installation back in november - all drivers are up to date (BIOs, etc.)).

Still hoping for a "fix" for ark, because the game is / was the reason for the GPU purchase ...

Sorry for my english (if / when it is hard to read). Not my first (or second) language.

On the GTX 1080, which also has this same issue. I have terrain shadow on the absolute lowest setting and I still get those BSOD's

10 hours ago, TheQuasars said:

Next Nvidia driver update is on the 15th I hear, hopefully with a fix included.

Good to know, thank you. I'll wait out this update, refund (steam) for the DLCs still works up to the 17th of january for me.
Would be kinda sad, because Ark is / was the game that got be back into gaming after years of not touching any virtual games ...

Really disappointed, because I thought that game would keep me interested for a long time, but between error after error or any other activity ... not a real decision to make.
The concept (dinos!) and the art (haven't touched a game since 2002, so ark blew me away) was all I ever wanted from a game -.-

WC! Hello?! There are major issues with your game!  You better start realizing how this effect your reputation in the long run... it has been years and is not looking good. I want this game to work but it sadly isn't. You have a great concept and gameplay, but the bugs are too much for me and countless of others to handle. I have a high-end setup but still can't seem to be able to play for more than 5 min without the game crashing. It is an ARK issue not driver issue. Get your poop together and listen to the fans who have been trying to get this message across for years now. 

Deal with your faulty programming! 

(I'm not holding my breath) 

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I don't know anyone else, but the last 3 times this has happened this week. All had the normal D3D device Lost (Hung) message. And of course when you hit the button to close the error/exception, then the BSOD rises up. I have had this and 2 other different BSODS.

They are working on a build for the RTX series so maybe it will help with these crashes:

That being said, I saw a lot of articles about issues that have been acknowledged by NVIDIA so I don't think you BSODs are isolated to ARK or Unreal.

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They are working on a build for the RTX series so maybe it will help with these crashes:

That being said, I saw a lot of articles about issues that have been acknowledged by NVIDIA so I don't think you BSODs are isolated to ARK or Unreal.

In my case they are only related to Ark, out of 200 games on my GTX 1080 Ti, Ark is the only game that crashes.

Edit:

Might be easier if I say it this way, as it may not be related to Ark, Ark is the only game out of 200 games that crashes like this.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

To be fair, they have said exactly same thing about DX12 several years ago...

Hello Gents.

After reading the entire post here i'm telling you how i managed to play about 3-4 h without BSODs:

1. Launch ARK (No Sky Effects)

2. General Shadows = Low

3. Terrain Shadows = Low

4  Both ground clutter density and distance at minimum

5. I used TldDelay at 25 and TdrDdiDelay also on 25 (https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered/)

That's it. It's not a fix for my RTX 2080 but except playing on D10 this is the only way i've managed to play on my server. Tested Center and The Island so far and they work ok. I will try Olympus and/or The Volcano and get back to you with some feedback. 

Until Nvidia release the new driver take care all.

15 hours ago, mihaita07 said:

Привет, господа.

Прочитав весь пост здесь, я расскажу вам, как мне удалось сыграть около 3-4 часов без BSOD:

1. Запустите ARK (без эффектов неба)

2. Общие тени = низкий

3. Terrain Shadows = Low

4 Минимальная плотность и расстояние от грунтовых помех

5. Я использовал TldDelay в 25 лет и TdrDdiDelay также в 25 ( https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered/ )

Вот и все. Это не исправление для моего RTX 2080, но кроме игры на D10, это единственный способ, которым мне удалось играть на моем сервере. Испытанный Центр и Остров пока что работают нормально. Я попробую Олимп и / или Вулкан и перезвоню с некоторыми отзывами. 

До выпуска Nvidia новый драйвер позаботится обо всем.

It's horrible! Turn off half the graphics settings to a minimum in order to play normally on a $ 1000 video card.
P.S. 1080Ti requires only turning off landscape shadows. No matter what they say on the game, but Nvidia and its series of 1000 and 2000 have serious hardware problems.

2 hours ago, SamueL125 said:

It's horrible! Turn off half the graphics settings to a minimum in order to play normally on a $ 1000 video card.
P.S. 1080Ti requires only turning off landscape shadows. No matter what they say on the game, but Nvidia and its series of 1000 and 2000 have serious hardware problems.

It's very true and very sad aswell. Btw I tried Olympus same setup and i crashed in 2 min after entering game. Also ive noticed that even with all my setup the game its stopping after 3-4 hours due to a new error but without BSOD. Something related to graphic still. I will stop playing this game and i will ask for my money back from WC. In my opinion only when money are involved they are willing to actually do something about it. This was in the event viewer: "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ShooterGame.exe (9420) consumed 10880978944 bytes, MsMpEng.exe (4308) consumed 233500672 bytes, and Discord.exe (11980) consumed 180314112 bytes."....

Last check on Nvidia show me this:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4758

Maybe you wanna try that.

3 hours ago, SamueL125 said:

Just an FYI, turning the shadows down on a 1080ti, does not eliminate the BSOD. Trust me on that, it might reduce the frequency for some, but you will still get the BSOD. I have stated this a number of times in this thread now.

6 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Просто к вашему сведению, уменьшая тени на 1080ti, не устраняет BSOD. Поверьте мне, это может снизить частоту для некоторых, но вы все равно получите BSOD. Я уже говорил об этом несколько раз в этой теме.

I already played more than 80 hours only without the shadows of the landscape. The length of the sessions was 10 hours. And not a single BSOD. Precisely because different owners of 1080 TI have a different solution to the problem, I say that the problems are not only in the game, but also in the video card. I also wrote earlier that on a weaker system in some scenes with shadows of a landscape there are hardware problems, after which I have BSOD.

2 hours ago, SamueL125 said:

I already played more than 80 hours only without the shadows of the landscape. The length of the sessions was 10 hours. And not a single BSOD. Precisely because different owners of 1080 TI have a different solution to the problem, I say that the problems are not only in the game, but also in the video card. I also wrote earlier that on a weaker system in some scenes with shadows of a landscape there are hardware problems, after which I have BSOD.

Only 80 hours... ROTFLMAO

I get this BSOD on GTX 1080 ti's at least once a month, it can be from as little as 5 minutes into game play or it can days without it happening.

The most notable occasion was having the shadows on low, all shadow settings and was even using the drive recommended that was known to not cause this. I went into the Rockwell Arena and instantly crashed with the BSOD.

I have even made sure ever setting was mid range or low for the GTX, I had logged into The Island one day and decided to run the cave of the massive. I had gotten all the way to the drop and as I opened the drop up to get the artifact, it crashed with this BSOD.

I can name about 20 other cases where it has crashed.

In my experience with my system, I can have the settings low, medium or just what the card can official handle and it will crash no matter what.

In fact there are times where it has frozen for 20 secs and not crashed and when I check the event viewer, there are 5 entries at that exact time for D3D Device Being Lost. It is only the one time out of about 300 that it actually does a BSOD on me.

Not being able to fly on Ragnarok is so unfun. Anytime I hop on a flyer it just bsod's with a Bad_Pool_Caller error. It basically relegates me to feeding only then playing on Aberration or Extinction or just not playing at all.

2080 ti 

i9-9900k

16gb ram

Never have this problem on any other game or map just Ragnarok atm.

9 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

In fact there are times where it has frozen for 20 secs and not crashed and when I check the event viewer, there are 5 entries at that exact time for D3D Device Being Lost. It is only the one time out of about 300 that it actually does a BSOD on me.

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. This is the usual loading location. When I installed the game on a fast SSD, the time of freezing was greatly reduced, although their number remained the same. That is, these freezes do not refer to the problem described above, although they are similar to it.

10 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I noticed that these freezing "without a reason" do not relate to the problems of the video driver. This is the usual loading location. When I installed the game on a fast SSD, the time of freezing was greatly reduced, although their number remained the same. That is, these freezes do not refer to the problem described above, although they are similar to it.

Official 417.71 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 1/15/19)
[...]
Issues and updates:
[...]
2453173-ARK Survival may crash with bad pool caller error and eventual BSOD
[...]
(source: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1093879/geforce-drivers/official-417-71-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-1-15-19-/1/ )

Seems like no fix for ARK (again ...). I suppose, that we won't get any kind of fix for this game at all anymore. 
The new project is ATLAS, why support the "old thing"?

Really disappointed. I think, it is time to abandon this game for good, because if they really wanted to, they would have fixed these problems already.

Just to be clear, I'm only stating my own opinion.

Archived