RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TruWrecks said:

TdrDelay set to 8 seconds did not help.

[2018.12.10-06.20.05:722][857]LogD3D11RHI:Error: Result failed
 at F:\Projects\ARK\UE4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Query.cpp:152
 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Trying 25 seconds next

I first tried TdrDelay 10, it was more stable and was able to be 3-4 days without crash. Then I setup TdrLevel to 0, so turned off TDR, and crashes gone.

3 hours ago, DamanWeylin said:

While testing, I found if I turned the shadows all the way to low (everything else set to ultra) my BSOD went away on my RTX 2070.

Not in front of computer but there are two Shadow related settings in the optiins menu on the bottom left of the page. 

I makes sense that shadows can trigger the BSOD because shadows in Ark are only present in DX11. In DX10 shadows are either off of flat black and have no dithering effects and do not use the same driver calls as shadows in DX11.

I don't know if anyone has tried the latest drives for the GTX 1080Ti or not, but I don't get the BSOD any more (at least it hasn't happened)

However, instead the game crashes and never recovers you have to kill the process and I waited for like an hour.

Now if it helps there are about 35 event viewer errors.

The first entry is

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\UVMLiteProcess14
Graphics Exception: EXTRA_MACRO_DATA

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

The second entry is

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\UVMLiteProcess14
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404490=0x80000001

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

These are also the same errors I used to see when The Device was lost and the system would BSOD.

EDIT:

And of course as soon as I killed Ark

BSOD

system_thread_exception_not_handled

Edit:

I also found this, if anyone knows what these numbers mean, I know ( 7e) the first is a driver issue.

The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aa77a655, 0xfffff283c0faf408, 0xfffff283c0faec50

Hello, I've been trying to play Ark on my new PC which has an RTX 2080 but every time I play, after about 5 minutes, my game freezes and then crashes to a blue screen of death with BAD_POOL_CALLER. I've tried reinstalling Ark and even windows. I've also tried updating my drivers and rolling back to an old one which also doesn't fix it.

Also, this only happens in ARK.

Anyone knows anything about this? Maybe a possible fix?

1 hour ago, Synpse said:

Having this issue too. Talked with Nvidia and they said they were not aware of the issue and that the problem was Ark... I love how no one assumes the problem... Wonderful.... 

Not sure who you talked to, but I have been working on this issue with Nvidia Support since early October. I have 2 tickets in research and I have sent them over 18 GB of log and test files to prove the issue.

Josh from NVCC (NVidia Customer Care) has my ticket currently and he has a few test files and maps from me so QA can do some testing for the conditions that are causing the driver to timeout on the latest driver.

12 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

Not sure who you talked to, but I have been working on this issue with Nvidia Support since early October. I have 2 tickets in research and I have sent them over 18 GB of log and test files to prove the issue.

Josh from NVCC (NVidia Customer Care) has my ticket currently and he has a few test files and maps from me so QA can do some testing for the conditions that are causing the driver to timeout on the latest driver.

Hey, I am have seen this error 3 times now and I know it is Ark related as it only happens on Ark. But the BSOD indicates it is not Ark.

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff802dbe5d378, 0x0000000000000000). 

guys this problem is plagueing me for a while and much to my surprise this is a problem which is age old and was in fact happening on 1080Ti before unreal updated. 

The driver could try to fix things by ignoring certain calls from ark specifically or disabling some stuff while ark is the main process when using nvidia experience but the problem will still be there until somebody from the ark team just goes ahead and apply all the patches unreal has made to solve the issue. There's been quite a bunch of games that patched their games including some of ours at Square Enix. It would be amazing if these patches would be applied and then somebody actually spent some time to optimise the game and its assets and how they're used with the engine a little bit... It would help a lot also to see SOME communication from wildcard about the issue not closing topics or simply not replying to the bug reports. 

16 hours ago, TruWrecks said:

I have to say, your diligence on this issue is truly to be respected.  That's about the only way there will ever be a fix.  So thank you for taking the time to push this problem.

So at least for those with the RTX series, try turning shadow quality as low as it goes. That suggestion was made earlier in this thread, but just reiterating it again because 18 pages is a bit long. It does not get rid of the problem, but for some users with the RTX it reduces the BSOD frequency to once per a few hours rather than once every 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, Erethor said:

So at least for those with the RTX series, try turning shadow quality as low as it goes. That suggestion was made earlier in this thread, but just reiterating it again because 18 pages is a bit long. It does not get rid of the problem, but for some users with the RTX it reduces the BSOD frequency to once per a few hours rather than once every 5 minutes.

I managed to play for 6 hours straight  with shadows on low. It's a pretty good temporary fix. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't look into it. 

Archived