RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

2 minutes ago, XFROGGYMANX said:

hey guys this is a rtx thread and now its getting cluttered with all grafix problems and would be quit confusing for ppl with this issue and wild card fixing any problems because rtx is running a dif architecture then the older one can we please keep this thread on topic and if you have a older card make a new thread or wild card might not ever get to a fix 

Or you just close this thread as its been done to death perhaps?!

You could even post on the nVidia forums just in case it is a fix they need to implement.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, XFROGGYMANX said:

hey guys this is a rtx thread and now its getting cluttered with all grafix problems and would be quit confusing for ppl with this issue and wild card fixing any problems because rtx is running a dif architecture then the older one can we please keep this thread on topic and if you have a older card make a new thread or wild card might not ever get to a fix 

The topic is still BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER, doesn't matter what Series NVIDIA card you have, it is the same issue.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:15 PM, XFROGGYMANX said:

If you read through the posts, a lot of members here with the 1000 series cards under Windows 10 are also getting crashes and blue screens. This is why you see a mix here. Have we had any AMD video card users with the crash, or only 1000/2000 series nVidia cards?

On 11/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, iStephano said:

New Nvidia driver out now, 417.01 - They added support for RTX cards with Windows 10 1809 build.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/140341/en-us

Im not home atm but will try that later on.

I sent the crash dumps I got on the 2080 system to them also. Nothing heard back yet. But it was as I said, according to you anyway. 2000 series on Windows 10. Something with the driver causing a BSOD, but only on Windows 10. Starting to look like it isn't Ark, as I stated from the beginning. I hope it fixes your issues though.

Also bought a RTX 2080, now getting BSOD on TheIsland and TheVolcano - playing on Extinction was possible for multiple hours without problems.

Havent tested with DX10 or some other stuff, but good to know that it isn't related to my system :D

BTW.: It really looks like a ARK Specific problem. Also played Overwatch on highest Settings / 144hz and had no problems for about 4 hours in a row.

Hopefully there will be a fix incoming, as i'm on vacation next week and wanted to spend some more hours in ARK.

Hello,

I just upgraded my videocard from GTX 970 G1 Gaming to the 2070 Gaming OC 8G from Gigabyte and everything seems fine except ARK, since there are rumors of dying RTX cards on the market i decided to try lots of games just to be sure, lots of benchmarking and stress tests, everything looks fine and in my case ARK its the only one with this issue.

It is random, sometimes i play an hour, sometimes i play minutes and it always happens to get the BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen. I tried many drivers and many possible workarounds people could suggest but this seems to related more to ark itself.

One thing i could see is that now with the RTX card the Dinamyc Tesselation on ARK graphics menu keep beeing unselected, even if i select and save. 

Anyway, i dont know what else to do, since ark it is my favorite game. There are any developers on this forum that could take a look on the case?

Map beeing played: Ragnarok
System Specs: I5 7400 + 16GB DDR4 RAM + RTX  2070

Thanks!

Hello,

I just upgraded my videocard from GTX 970 G1 Gaming to the 2070 Gaming OC 8G from Gigabyte and everything seems fine except ARK, since there are rumors of dying RTX cards on the market i decided to try lots of games just to be sure, lots of benchmarking and stress tests, everything looks fine and in my case ARK its the only one with this issue.

It is random, sometimes i play an hour, sometimes i play minutes and it always happens to get the BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen. I tried many drivers and many possible workarounds people could suggest but this seems to related more to ark itself.

One thing i could see is that now with the RTX card the Dinamyc Tesselation on ARK graphics menu keep beeing unselected, even if i select and save. 

Anyway, i dont know what else to do, since ark it is my favorite game. There are any developers on this forum that could take a look on the case?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Vitonezz said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Stated In a previous page of this thread, there are only two workarounds right now. 

first option, play in DX10 mode.
second option, set terrain shadows to low.

The dx10 mode removes DX11 features like ambient occlusion and tessellation, but fixes a lot of problems, including the RTX one.

The option to set terrain shadows to low will stop the RTX specific crashing (where game freezes, and then closing ARK crashes your computer outright with no bluescreen), but you'll still get the odd bluescreen crash as well that is affecting  both 1000 and 2000 series nvidia cards. 

Add me to this list: Total system lock after five minutes of play, immediately after installing 2080ti. All other games run perfectly, including PUBG and other Unreal Engine titles.

i7 6700

40 gig ram

SSD

ASUS 2080ti, (was running stable on Fury X)

Bought the 2080ti so I could play Ark with optimum performance, now can't play at all. 

I'm still getting by with DX10.  2080 ti with DX10 and pretty much no crashes at all, super stable.  I've attempted go back to DX11 but each time ends in a massive BSOD or one time everything simply rebooted with nothing.  I'm still watching for updates but until the RTX cards push market share a bit more, I'm not overly hopeful for a fix.  I guess I'm just adding that line to express my extreme depression in owning both this game for many years and it still containing so many glaringly silly bugs and paying such a high price for today's hardware...then end up in BSOD city.  At least I didn't purchase FO76.. :)

RTX 2080, crashing after an hour/or more by playing this game. And PC can have UE4 error box (after closing box - windows blue screen). And simply open game, load map (make new map), and close it = windows blue screen (I had this once). I have many crashes after some time/dies. I don't know this game good, so I die many times and after 4-5 dies - crash.

Archived