RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

Then explain why the same software and same driver do not cause this anywhere except 10. This was my point earlier. If we run the same card, driver, and application, and our big difference is OS, then the likely culprit is the OS. Again, can you dual-boot 7 and test with your same hardware? How about Windows 7 mode with direct hardware pass-through in 10? Something to see if your hardware and the game play nicely in 7? I strongly suspect some of the extra security technologies in 10 are causing your issue.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

Then explain why the same software and same driver do not cause this anywhere except 10. This was my point earlier. If we run the same card, driver, and application, and our big difference is OS, then the likely culprit is the OS. Again, can you dual-boot 7 and test with your same hardware? How about Windows 7 mode with direct hardware pass-through in 10? Something to see if your hardware and the game play nicely in 7? I strongly suspect some of the extra security technologies in 10 are causing your issue.

Interesting, you stated before that it is impossible for any software to cause this BSOD, yet here you are saying that Windows 10 must be at fault. Windows 10 is software is it not.

And again, no other game has this issue, so why does Ark!!

Pooling info

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor           (16 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32700MB RAM
                Page File: 9019MB used, 23679MB available
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)

1 hour ago, SarcoSnack said:

Pooling info

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor           (16 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32700MB RAM
                Page File: 9019MB used, 23679MB available
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 288 DPI (300 percent)

Tested against Driver 4.16.94 crashed after 20 mins.  Only had the  -norhithread start parameter on the shootergame.exe (as apposed to the shootergame_be.exe).

If you're using one of corsairs HX PSU's it's probably a power issue these generations of PSU's have a horrible reputation according to the interwebs. I had this same problem with my ASUS DUAL RTX 2080 Ti.

My HX1000i PSU can't deliver enough amps through a single cable and makes the PC BSOD. I switched from a single 8 -> 16 pin cable, to two seperate 8 -> 8 pin cables and I have not had a single BSOD since.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't really care if its a driver issue or Ark issue. Debating what causes a BSOD is just getting off topic. Whether it is a driver issue, or Ark issue causing this, I am betting it would be some of both. Clearly, something about Ark is triggering an issue, whether it is a game error or it is hitting a spot in a driver that is not working well, it seems to me like the real problem here is that neither Nvidia nor WildCard are paying attention to this. If it is a Nvidia issue, they probably need support from WildCard to find where the issue is originating from, and if it is an Ark issue, they probably aren't utilizing the new hardware (and drivers) properly. So rather than arguing about what can cause a BSOD, we need to be getting WildCard and/or Nvidia to pay attention to this issue and start working on a fix. Unless you guys actually think you can diagnose the full issue and pinpoint the root cause without having access to the code itself. We are almost at 2 months of them ignoring a major issue, and I am betting I am not the only one who is holding off on spending more money on their games until this is fixed. Clearly their customer support does not actually care, and they push people to the forums to get support and ignore them. I intend to make that known everywhere I can leave a review unless support actually gets involved. When developers stop showing pride in their products, it shows.

Wildcard, please prove me wrong, but the total lack of support on this is pathetic. Take some pride in your product. I am sure you have software engineers who are capable of figuring this out, and probably have an idea of what the problem is already. It may take time to figure out and fix, but start looking into it and say so. Don't leave us with absolutely zero customer support on the issue. If you need data, you just have to look at the thread here, I am sure we can get you data.

13 hours ago, Erethor said:

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't really care if its a driver issue or Ark issue. Debating what causes a BSOD is just getting off topic. Whether it is a driver issue, or Ark issue causing this, I am betting it would be some of both. Clearly, something about Ark is triggering an issue, whether it is a game error or it is hitting a spot in a driver that is not working well, it seems to me like the real problem here is that neither Nvidia nor WildCard are paying attention to this. If it is a Nvidia issue, they probably need support from WildCard to find where the issue is originating from, and if it is an Ark issue, they probably aren't utilizing the new hardware (and drivers) properly. So rather than arguing about what can cause a BSOD, we need to be getting WildCard and/or Nvidia to pay attention to this issue and start working on a fix. Unless you guys actually think you can diagnose the full issue and pinpoint the root cause without having access to the code itself. We are almost at 2 months of them ignoring a major issue, and I am betting I am not the only one who is holding off on spending more money on their games until this is fixed. Clearly their customer support does not actually care, and they push people to the forums to get support and ignore them. I intend to make that known everywhere I can leave a review unless support actually gets involved. When developers stop showing pride in their products, it shows.

But it is not just the new hardware experiencing this issue.

And I doubt they are ignoring it either, this BSOD is probably not easy to locate and considering at this stage there is no sure fire way to replicate this, then it is going to be like finding a needle in a hay stack.

From what I can see this is Ark at fault here, not the drivers, but that doesn't mean it is not a combination of the two either. From what I can see, Ark has hung well and truly for about 5 mins before it crashes on my system and there is enough evidence to suggest that Ark has crashed first. The driver is probably then triggering the BSOD bad_pool_caller as Windows does this to protect the system, the notes of why this error occurs (which I have posted in here quite a bit now), seems to indicate that there is a thread still running that maybe not being caught correctly.

The amount of Exception crashes still in this game is very much high, I seem to see them about 5 times a day, but the BSOD I am lucky to see once or twice in a month.

I do agree, it is not just the 20 series. I can reproduce the crash...   In Windows 10. Only in Windows 10. Ark with a 2080, single 1070 or 1070's in SLI all run flawlessly in 7 Pro 64bit. The same exact hardware (same systems) with drivers from the manufacturers (Intel, Realtek, nVidia, etc) will crash on 10, no matter what. I cannot make it crash in 7 unless I am in SLI and I do not use the "norhithread" parameter. For whatever reason, SLI requires this on 7. It makes zero difference on 10.

With this knowledge, this isn't hard to find. In fact, it should be a piece of cake. Just run Ark on 10 using a high-end 20 or 10 series with a recent driver and it should occur. The only thing I noted which throws this off is that I only had ONE crash while using SLI with Ark on 10. All of you who are having this issue are on 10, right? Seems simple enough to reproduce. Run a single card on 10 and play Ark until it crashes. The thing is, Ark isn't going to produce a crash-dump if the BSOD occurs first. In that scenario, the Ark devs cannot do anything because you would need to debug the Windows crash dump and, should the problem lead to a Windows subsystem, they can only submit the info to Microsoft.

Again, this is simple process of elimination. If it was Ark, it would crash on any system at some point. It has not crashed on Vista or 7, only 10. I did not test 8. This clearly indicates that the OS has SOMETHING to do with this. What is to be determined, but when you can play for hours without a crash on Vista, then the next day (after 7 is installed) play for hours on 7, and then again later on 10 and it starts crashing, something is up with the OS. The crash dumps I got from Windows indicate that something with DX12 is triggering the video driver to BSOD. This leads me to a silly question. Have any of you tried running in DX10 mode? Have you installed the DX10 or 11 redistributables on 10? Ark uses 10 and 11, so I cannot understand why on Windows 10 DX12 is doing ANYTHING with Ark, but I am willing to bet this is why it crashes.

Also, please stop generalizing. I already shot that argument down. Yes, EVERYTHING on your system is software. However not all software is a driver. Not all software is an application. Not all software is a library. Use your head and don't be stupid. Windows IS software, but it is made up of libraries, drivers, applications, APIs, and more. Generalizations clearly show your lack of understanding here. It's the same as I compared before. A big-rig is a vehicle. A Prius is a vehicle. Does that mean a Prius can haul 80,000lbs across the country? Nope.

45 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

I do agree, it is not just the 20 series. I can reproduce the crash...   In Windows 10. Only in Windows 10. Ark with a 2080, single 1070 or 1070's in SLI all run flawlessly in 7 Pro 64bit. The same exact hardware (same systems) with drivers from the manufacturers (Intel, Realtek, nVidia, etc) will crash on 10, no matter what. I cannot make it crash in 7 unless I am in SLI and I do not use the "norhithread" parameter. For whatever reason, SLI requires this on 7. It makes zero difference on 10.

With this knowledge, this isn't hard to find. In fact, it should be a piece of cake. Just run Ark on 10 using a high-end 20 or 10 series with a recent driver and it should occur. The only thing I noted which throws this off is that I only had ONE crash while using SLI with Ark on 10. All of you who are having this issue are on 10, right? Seems simple enough to reproduce. Run a single card on 10 and play Ark until it crashes. The thing is, Ark isn't going to produce a crash-dump if the BSOD occurs first. In that scenario, the Ark devs cannot do anything because you would need to debug the Windows crash dump and, should the problem lead to a Windows subsystem, they can only submit the info to Microsoft.

Again, this is simple process of elimination. If it was Ark, it would crash on any system at some point. It has not crashed on Vista or 7, only 10. I did not test 8. This clearly indicates that the OS has SOMETHING to do with this. What is to be determined, but when you can play for hours without a crash on Vista, then the next day (after 7 is installed) play for hours on 7, and then again later on 10 and it starts crashing, something is up with the OS. The crash dumps I got from Windows indicate that something with DX12 is triggering the video driver to BSOD. This leads me to a silly question. Have any of you tried running in DX10 mode? Have you installed the DX10 or 11 redistributables on 10? Ark uses 10 and 11, so I cannot understand why on Windows 10 DX12 is doing ANYTHING with Ark, but I am willing to bet this is why it crashes.

Also, please stop generalizing. I already shot that argument down. Yes, EVERYTHING on your system is software. However not all software is a driver. Not all software is an application. Not all software is a library. Use your head and don't be stupid. Windows IS software, but it is made up of libraries, drivers, applications, APIs, and more. Generalizations clearly show your lack of understanding here. It's the same as I compared before. A big-rig is a vehicle. A Prius is a vehicle. Does that mean a Prius can haul 80,000lbs across the country? Nope.

You can not go blaming Windows 10.

This particular error is more likely that Windows 10 is more aggressive in shutting down, where as Windows 7 is not.

Like I said a few times now.

Before getting into the solution, you should know the reason of this issue.

This particular problem occurs when a program tries to use a processor thread that doesn’t exist or is currently unavailable. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same memory allocation. Also, if the same thread of the processor is being used by another program, it can cause the error. In other words, if a bad pool request has been made by a thread in the processor, you can get the BAD_POOL_CALLER stop error displayed on your screen.

When this happen, Windows takes quick action on such error codes. Your Windows computer restarts itself and runs a chkdsk test to protect the data from being damaged.

Oh God, your lack of basic reasoning skills astounds me. You're saying that, despite everything working on every OS except Windows 10 means it has nothing to do with 10? Really? Then there's no help. Just uninstall Ark and go back to Minecraft or CoD or whatever. Clearly you have no clue how bad Windows 10 has been and how much it is loathed among those in the IT community, MS fanboys aside. How about the recent enabling of ads in the Windows 10 Mail app which was quickly rolled back due to backlash? What about the latest update deleting users files for no reason? How about Windows 10 Update constantly installing the wrong driver for your hardware even though prior versions of Windows never did this without consent? How about Windows 10 causing drive failures early on which was likely due to 10 being very aggressive with disks for some time after release? How about, I don't know, the massive amount of reports of BAD_POOL_CALLER and BAD_POOL_HEADER which are rare prior to 10? Do you even do a basic online search prior to posting? Have you searched for BAD_POOL_CALLER or BAD_POOL_HEADER in relation to Windows 10 and seen how very many apps are affected by these crashes but only in 10?

Look, I've spent several days now trying to see your point. I've loaded a rig with Vista, played the game, wiped it, loaded it with 7, played it, wiped it, and loaded it with 10 and played it. I can understand your frustration as a normal user, but blocking out common sense and basic reasoning skills and defending the one thing that all of the members here seem to have in common (Windows 10) is stupid. Some of you have 1060's. Some of you have 2080 TI's. Some of you are AMD users. Some are Intel. Some have 16GB of RAM, some have 32GB. What is the ONLY thing you all have in common? You all play Ark, you all use some form of nVidia graphics card, and you all have Windows 10. Ark and Windows 10 are the two constants. The BRAND of graphics card is another constant, but the driver version and model is not. Therefore the video card alone is not constant beyond brand.

Now let's look at the constants for players without the BSOD. We're NOT running Windows 10. We all run Ark. We have all kinds of configurations including AMD and Intel CPUs, nVidia and AMD graphics cards, and a wide range of memory configurations. This means that the two constants for those of us who have zero issues are Windows not equal to 10, and Ark. In other words, you run 10 and it fails. I run 7 and it works. We both have the same application (Ark) in version and all. The only logical next step, based on common-sense reasoning, scientific deduction, and several crash dumps I have reviewed, is too look at 10 to see what could possibly cause this. Every crash dump I have from the Windows 10 setup points to DX12, which we know Ark does not support. I will try installing the DX10 and DX11 redistributables the next time I get by the office and have time to play. Maybe the issue IS DX12 because, if you recall, Unreal Engine 4.4 supports DX12, and Ark uses a modified 4.5 unless my memory fails me.

Look, every time I make a response I provide informational links explaining things. Quuoting some dumb article which simply states what an error means does nothing to further the issue or make your point. Who gives a crap? The quote you gave me above is not even in good English! The fact that you don't have MSDN/Tech Network access to the actual information tells me you just searched for the error and copied some crap of the first page you found. And your comment about Windows 10 being "aggressive" about shutting down is just stupid. Windows is Windows. Windows doesn't "shut down" because it feels like it. A driver flips out in some way and triggers a specific BSOD, and then Windows displays said info and halts. At least learn how the process works.

Nobody is discussing programming here. We're talking basic principles of Windows operation. Drivers can trigger the kernel into a blue screen and only drivers. Well, unless you're still running 9X. Possibly ME. That information is all over the web, failure to do a five second search and see it is on the person lacking in knowledge. Also, if it was software, why does it only crash on 10? Riddle me THAT. We all run the exact same version of Ark, so if the application was at fault, it would affect everything, not just one map on one OS.

Oh and if you read the entire thread you will see that I have reproduced your issue, but only on The Island while running in Windows 10! I cannot reproduce it on Vista or 7 on ANY map. This is what is being overlooked. It's easy to overlook the most important detail as an average user because you don't want it to be true, but the FACT up to this point is that this BSOD only happens on Windows 10. Also, I have been debugging the kernel crash dumps I create and I keep getting stopped at DX12. Perhaps the reason is that UE4.4 and above support DX12. Ark runs UE4.5, though customized. Windows Vista and 7 do not support DX12. I am now more sure that DX12 is the issue in some odd way, but I do not know why. I do not have the DX12 sources nor do I have the Ark sources, so I am stopped.

The big thing here is to stop being stubborn and do some basic logical thinking. Has anybody here reported this specific issue in Vista or 7? I did not recall seeing anybody claiming this, so we instantly narrowed it down to 10 as the OS where the crash occurs, right? The next step is to figure out what the big difference is. The biggest difference I know of, and which is recorded in your kernel crash dumps, is that Windows 10 uses DX12. You can accept these facts or you can keep blaming the wrong thing. It's like blaming your cars fuel-pump for not sending fuel to the engine, but did you realize you're out of gas?

3 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Nobody is discussing programming here. We're talking basic principles of Windows operation. Drivers can trigger the kernel into a blue screen and only drivers. Well, unless you're still running 9X. Possibly ME. That information is all over the web, failure to do a five second search and see it is on the person lacking in knowledge. Also, if it was software, why does it only crash on 10? Riddle me THAT. We all run the exact same version of Ark, so if the application was at fault, it would affect everything, not just one map on one OS.

Oh and if you read the entire thread you will see that I have reproduced your issue, but only on The Island while running in Windows 10! I cannot reproduce it on Vista or 7 on ANY map. This is what is being overlooked. It's easy to overlook the most important detail as an average user because you don't want it to be true, but the FACT up to this point is that this BSOD only happens on Windows 10. Also, I have been debugging the kernel crash dumps I create and I keep getting stopped at DX12. Perhaps the reason is that UE4.4 and above support DX12. Ark runs UE4.5, though customized. Windows Vista and 7 do not support DX12. I am now more sure that DX12 is the issue in some odd way, but I do not know why. I do not have the DX12 sources nor do I have the Ark sources, so I am stopped.

The big thing here is to stop being stubborn and do some basic logical thinking. Has anybody here reported this specific issue in Vista or 7? I did not recall seeing anybody claiming this, so we instantly narrowed it down to 10 as the OS where the crash occurs, right? The next step is to figure out what the big difference is. The biggest difference I know of, and which is recorded in your kernel crash dumps, is that Windows 10 uses DX12. You can accept these facts or you can keep blaming the wrong thing. It's like blaming your cars fuel-pump for not sending fuel to the engine, but did you realize you're out of gas?

And like I keep saying, Ark is the only game that is doing this BSOD. THE ONLY GAME.

Then I repeat my other two questions for you. Have you tried any other UE4 games, such as Hatred, in 10? Have you tried temporarily installing 7 on your system to see if you can reproduce it with your hardware configuration in 7? Those are kind of critical right now. If you try another UE4 game and it also causes your issue, it may be something with UE4 in general. If you can get the BSOD in 7 also, it is likely something with a hardware configuration. I have tried Ark on three operating systems and I can reproduce your crash, but only in 10, which is what has been reported in this thread. I am simply trying to narrow it down, but as one person that is difficult without blowing thousands on various hardware configurations, which I cannot and will not do.

27 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Then I repeat my other two questions for you. Have you tried any other UE4 games, such as Hatred, in 10? Have you tried temporarily installing 7 on your system to see if you can reproduce it with your hardware configuration in 7? Those are kind of critical right now. If you try another UE4 game and it also causes your issue, it may be something with UE4 in general. If you can get the BSOD in 7 also, it is likely something with a hardware configuration. I have tried Ark on three operating systems and I can reproduce your crash, but only in 10, which is what has been reported in this thread. I am simply trying to narrow it down, but as one person that is difficult without blowing thousands on various hardware configurations, which I cannot and will not do.

Wow, are we still having this discussion. I think your answer seems fairly valid to me, as most if not all people I have come across state they are using Win 10. To be honest, this is something that WC need to fix by either changing their coding (or whatever) so that ARK runs on Win 10 as consistently as the other OS. If its something to do with DX12 as you also mention, then WC need to address this too and ensure that as part of the package it installs DX11 and runs on that (or however they would fix this). WC have the resources to test this and should make the efforts to resolve the issue - after all, its their game.

I appreciate you are trying to help people here but I wouldn't start getting into arguments with people over it, it wont resolve anything and will only be a waste of your time. Hopefully WC has seen this topic (amongst others) and the moderators have fed this back.

Lets just wait and see what happens.

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

Windows 10 is a lot more aggressive to protecting the OS and user files, hence why there is a BSOD.

But it is Ark that is causing this regardless.

The event logs as well as the occasional Exception crash, has indicated that Ark crashes before the BSOD, the BSOD is a by product of Ark crashing.

Now I am not going to discuss this any more, SOFTWARE can / does cause this particular BSOD any Software Engineer can tell you that.

I'm finding the exchange rather interesting but it ultimately looks like there is nothing we can do if we have a RTX 2080ti or otherwise coupled with Windows 10/ARK cept drop to DX10? ug...  My personal machine has had maybe 1 BSOD over the course of several years operation.  Then I slap in this RTX card and come back to ARK, it might be ok for 5 hours then BSOD several times in a row.  This is running the latest from Nvidia.  Only solution that seems to work is running in DX10 mode.  Like others have said, I have no other games having this problem.  Recently played Monster Hunter World, Witcher 3, Empyrion So...any other ideas here or simply wait around?

I think I found a workaround:

Terrain Shadows: Low

I've been playing for a few hours now with no crashes. Before I was getting crashes every few minutes on non-Extinction maps. I'm using Windows 10 and  the RTX 2080 Ti. Before the only thing that worked was DX10.

I will edit this post if I see a crash again.

TerrainShadowsLow.thumb.jpg.81fd20c4c484e0a10378c3934d2bda9c.jpg

7 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Windows 10 is a lot more aggressive to protecting the OS and user files, hence why there is a BSOD.

But it is Ark that is causing this regardless.

The event logs as well as the occasional Exception crash, has indicated that Ark crashes before the BSOD, the BSOD is a by product of Ark crashing.

Now I am not going to discuss this any more, SOFTWARE can / does cause this particular BSOD any Software Engineer can tell you that.

Prove this. Are you an MCSE or MCSA? If not, provide a link. You are literally spouting garbage when you claim that 10 is more protective so it blue-screens at the drop of a hat. You literally know NOTHING of Windows. Until you do as I have done, and linked substantial proof (note: Joe on forum X claiming something is NOT proof), then you cannot be taken seriously. You make all these wild claims without any proof, then you refuse to do basic troubleshooting, and you wrap it all up with claiming Windows can work in a way in which it hasn't worked in two decades. Good job.

Brian2344, I mentioned the shader cache in an earlier post. This brings up an excellent point! I had found a thread over at the GeForce forums a while back and the resolution for the 2080's crashing in Windows 10 was to delete the old shader cache. Something about it not correctly removing old shaders. To clear you cache you must disable shader caching in the nVidia Control Panel, reboot, and delete the shader folder from C:\Windows\Temp and %TEMP%. This MIGHT help if you upgraded from an older card and did not do a clean install. It cannot hurt either way, just don't forget to enable shader caching again when done!

Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080
416.81 drivers

I was playing Ark in DX10 mode on Scorched Earth with no problems for a few weeks before Extinction. When Extinction dropped and I switched to it, I continued to run in DX10 mode. But about a week ago, without thinking I accidentally launched it normally in DX12 mode. However, I did not crash after playing for 2-3 hours. Since then I have been running it for many hours a day for over a week in DX12 mode, all maxed GFX settings, with no issues.

I'm running an RTX 2080, Windows 10, and driver 416.94. I get Windows NT Kernel & System related BSOD's from the ntoskrnl.exe in DX11 with default Epic preset settings (I used the Island for all of the testing). As others have said, DX10 works fine. Single player DX11 with full Epic seems to work fine as well (just cursory flying through redwoods and mountains with a 500 speed flyer). When I hosted the same world on a non dedicated session, I crashed the second I tried to fly with the 500 speed flyer. And of course when trying to connect to another server and use a flyer or try moving quite fast, I get the aforementioned BSOD. 

I tried your method to clear prior shader files however the issue still persists when using Epic Terrain Shadow settings@Xenithar. While the underlying issue might be related, that course of action isn't the solution to my particular problem at the very least. 

Your solution @Brian2344 seems to be working to resolve the BSOD instances in general. I don't want to jinx it, and I haven't tested bosses or particularly large bases with very high dino counts. But, I'm able to move at very high speeds and not blue screen, which is much more than I could have said before changing Terrain Shadows to Low.

So for the time being, using Low Terrain Shadows seems to be resolving the issue. My "stress" test was to run a non dedicated server, use Custom Flyers with a 700 speed Pteranodon and fill a blank map, to be sure I was flying through all low level potential lag areas on the map. (only because much less strenuous flying would result in BSOD's before, so I figure that's an adequate test). No BSOD's in sight through all of the testing with Terrain Shadows on Low.

Hopefully a future patch from WC or driver from Nvidia will resolve the underlying issue eventually, but for now, I'm content to be able to use DX11 with one setting on low.

I've been following this thread for a while, trying various solutions and trying to track down the cause myself. Until the Low Terrain Shadow suggestion, nothing worked aside from DX10, which I don't think counts as a "fix". To everyone else in this thread, give @Brian2344's solution a try. If all of our issues actually are caused by the same flaw, then hopefully this will be a short term solution until a patch does come out.

2 hours ago, AYBFunkyMonkey said:

Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080
416.81 drivers

I was playing Ark in DX10 mode on Scorched Earth with no problems for a few weeks before Extinction. When Extinction dropped and I switched to it, I continued to run in DX10 mode. But about a week ago, without thinking I accidentally launched it normally in DX12 mode. However, I did not crash after playing for 2-3 hours. Since then I have been running it for many hours a day for over a week in DX12 mode, all maxed GFX settings, with no issues.

Ark doesn't support Dx12, I think you will find it is still Dx11

Archived