RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Erethor said:

Well, tried the new driver. Seemed again to do fine while on the ground walking around, but as soon as I flew a flying mount around the north end of the Ragnarok island, just east of the cave entrance (the super dark cave, don't remember the name of it though), I got a BSOD for Bad_pool_Caller again.... Back to hoping someone will care about this issue so we can play again.

Can you, or someone else verify - doing the same thing on Rag - if adding the launch argument -norhithread causes the same issue? Sounds like that particular corrective 'feature' for dx11 is having problems with these new cards. Just want to verify the temporary work around actually works from a few people. There's a few that have said it did, but would be good to have more that verify.

I installed the new driver, used the DDU tool and the game still crashed within a few minutes of running around. I tried this -norhithread and I could not get the game to crash in two 10 min sessions of running around.  I  experienced some stutter but that seems to clear up and playing for a bit and stuff gets loaded into the world.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, SarcoSnack said:

Tried it after the Extinction updates and still BSOD KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION after 30 mins.

Tried it again after new Nvidia Driver update.  I am consistantly crashing faster with KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.  As an FYI if I don't use "-norhithread"  it crashes with D3D device being lost and BSOD about half the time.  If I do use it I get KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION and BSOD every time.

Thought I would mention I use XPadder and GPU Tweak II.  Getting desperate!

1 hour ago, Endzeitlol said:

Hey, what Map are you guys playing on? Extinction too? If yes, i already used Ptera, flew around nearly the whole map and got no Issues with my 2080. I want to help. :( 

Ok, i started Ragnarok again and it crashed after 1 Minute without any Notification. So, i'm just lucky yet with Extinction.. meh

Its likely that the Extinction map you played on is not structure or tame heavy, something that @Chris possibly missed when he tested.  I'd bet that a few months down the line once the crazy people breed 5 million Gigas etc and store in 5000x5000 box's Extinction will behave just the same.  I'll also bet that nobody produces a fix by then.  I pity the foo that won the 2080 on the live stream, what a kick to the face xD

3 minutes ago, XiangZhu said:

411.63 says it supports RTX 2080's.. can't remember - were there issues with that driver?

Aye sorry my bad, that's the initial driver for RTX series, I keep forgetting seen so much crap with drivers the last few months, yes issues with all RTX drivers for 10xx users...

I don't think this is just related to the RTX 2080, I am seeing the same issue with a GTX 1080ti, but I am only seeing this BSOD crash with Ark.

Edit:

I should also add that I have seen it with Ragnarok, The Island, Scorched Earth and haven't seen it on Extinction as of yet. When it happened to me on Aberration, I was doing the gamma boss.

32 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I don't think this is just related to the RTX 2080, I am seeing the same issue with a GTX 1080ti, but I am only seeing this BSOD crash with Ark.

Edit:

I should also add that I have seen it with Ragnarok, The Island, Scorched Earth and haven't seen it on Extinction as of yet. When it happened to me on Aberration, I was doing the gamma boss.

It's mostly related to the 4xx drivers of nvidia. But the problem with the 2080 = You can't go below driver version 4xx. With a gtx 10xx you can go simply to driver 399.

Definitely not just 2080's. My 1060 in an alienware R13 is BSOD-ing and crashing left right and center. 

Usually while I'm sprinting. The came just freezes. Cant shut down or minimize the window, so I'm forced to restart. Only it wont do that either. I have to power down and reboot, at which point I'll sometimes get the BSOD. I've already reinstalled my geforce drivers. Only happens when I play ark. 

The game just isnt optimized. 

Archived