RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also have the same problem it only happens when i hop on a flyer also will not happen with sli only single card

so i am using my old card for now i am a content creator and i record with everynightriot and kingdadydmac if this issue is not addressed they agreed to help me bring this issue to light dmac has already msg jat also i can say tombrader has already patched the same issue [19-10-2018] A hotfix for patch 4 was released, build 235.5.
This Hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Fix for audio issues introduced by patch 235.3, related to the use of Windows Spatial Audio for Dolby Atmos. For now we have disabled Atmos support while a full fix that will work for all players is under investigation.
  • Fix for crashes when using NVIDIA 2080 or 2080Ti NVIDIA GPU's with specific driver and OS versions. 
  • Fix for visual corruption and flickering particles and waterfalls on certain GPU hardware and driver versions.

its 100% ark not nvidea @Chris i will give you all my logs and testing if it will help 

Think it’s petty cool that the community are so into finding out about this bug. And we have now, as said many times before in this thread. But no official response from the devs. 

It’s really not our job to find those things out, we are in fact helping here so a fix can be pushed out faster and more easy. It’s sad wc won’t even respond to us.

I know you have @Chris and I deeply appreciate that. But it was not a response from the team just your own experience. 

Hi,
I have the same issue. Bought a new PC and everything is freshly installed and up to date. My RTX2080 keeps crashing after a few minutes of ARK and the whole system hangs and needs to reboot. If it would "only crash" the application this wouldn't be so serious but a complete system fail should be investigated asap. Don't get me wrong I really appreciate the work you're putting into the game and also into the preparation of the next DLC but a blocking issue of this caliber, affecting a huge amount of your player base, must be handled with highest priority.

Another example:

My friend has a GTX1080 and also gets the bluescreen but not as often as me. He claims it started to happen after he bought a 4K display and that he can provoke the crash on his GTX1080 by playing ARK on 4K and simultaneously watching videos on the secondary 1080p display.

I really hope to read the good news of the fix, preferably before the DLC release so I can actually buy, play and enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Chair Breaker said:

Same problem here with my PC and my two other friends. We play together on a Nitrado private server and we each get a turn with the BSOD. I am running a 1060, my one friend has a new laptop with a 1070 inside and my third friend is running an older card in his PC a 960.

Uninstall all Nvidia drivers plus Geforce Experience if you have it and then install 399.24 https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/137727/en-us

I've been using it since Friday and must have clocked over 30 hours with no BSOD, unfortunately doesn't work for the new cards, only 1080 or older

Article here @TomsHardware - https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/rtx-2080-ti-gpu-defects-launch,news-59360.html

Complete BS response from Nvidia, they aren't "standing by" at all, its been 2 weeks since I helped them re-create the BSOD and they've never gotten back to me, I chased them after they tried to close the ticket and was told to keep trying new drivers... Wish I had thought of that...

Nothing from WC either.

My 2080 has sat on my desk since launch day and nobody is taking ANY responsibility whatsoever, it must be amazing to reap monies selling a shoddy product whilst denying any responsibility to the people you just ripped off and have complete and utter impunity.

There has to be some way we can get some clout behind us, every day new people post on this thread to say they are experiencing the same issue whilst Nvidia say its not a growing issue and WC say nothing.

Just makes me furious this whole thing, i don’t poop money so getting a card like that it’s a dent in my wallet.

nvidia and wc won’t even respond to a issue everyone can confirm and can recreate as proof.

its really low for companies like this, no loyalty for the customers.

Just a short message like “we are aware and are looking into it” would have helped a lot. Not this talk to a wall mentality they have 

Can we expect a fix soon? Yes or no?

I'm on a Ryzen 1800X with a 2080 made by MSI, and I too have experienced the BSOD "BAD_POOL_CALLER." I have an EVGA power supply (1600watt) and the CPU is liquid-cooled without being overclocked. The GPU has stable temperatures as well. This is a WildCard issue. It needs to be fixed and I've had two bluescreens today- with each additional BSOD making it just that much more frustrating to play your game. Having bought the season pass, I will be very upset if I can't play on the launch of Extinction because of this issue.

Archived