RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

20 hours ago, Xenithar said:

I do not yet own a 2080 so bear with me. I do run two GTX 1070's in SLI. However, in doing so Ark had been crashing every few minutes in-game. I did some reading on the Unreal Engine forums and came across information about the "Rendering Hardware Interface". This is something that is known to cause issues on high-end systems. While the command to disable it is not documented on the Ark wiki, it is at Epic. I added "-norhithread" to the game launch parameters and I have since been able to play hours without a crash. Perhaps disabling this, which I believe has something to do with DX12, can help those of you fortunate enough to already own a 2080? It won't hurt either way. If you try it and it does work, let your fellow 2080 owners know!

Hope it helps.

This was my thought also (instructions documented in an earlier post for those who need them) and it has helped immensely. That said I am still crashing often, though irregularly. I can go a good few hours with no issue, or crash a few times in an hour. 

Either way I'm over it. WC need to come to the party already. I just started playing again after a hiatus since patch 134ish, and was planning on buying the paid DLCs. I won't be until this is fixed. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's great you guys are trying to figure out this issue. As I said since installing my 2x 2080ti's I haven't had ANY issues what so ever, and I've seen reports of other games with the the same thing happening.. However it's awesome to see Nvidia are able to reproduce the issue and are aware of it.

With that said, our entire studio is in crunch mode right now for the Extinction release, however I am going to speak to our Lead Developer and Project lead as this is clearly happening to a bunch of you. I'm not promising anything this side of Extinction release (couple weeks), but I'll certainly put it on the table for investigation.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

It's great you guys are trying to figure out this issue. As I said since installing my 2x 2080ti's I haven't had ANY issues what so ever, and I've seen reports of other games with the the same thing happening.. However it's awesome to see Nvidia are able to reproduce the issue and are aware of it.

With that said, our entire studio is in crunch mode right now for the Extinction release, however I am going to speak to our Lead Developer and Project lead as this is clearly happening to a bunch of you. I'm not promising anything this side of Extinction release (couple weeks), but I'll certainly put it on the table for investigation.

So... it took only a month to acknowledge that issue exists. Not bad by WC standards.

Apparantly Shadow of the Tomb Raider also had some issues with 2080/ti GPUs which were fixed with a game update (not PSU update! :D) , wish I could read this in ARK Patchnotes as well :P 
Maybe WC can ask them what issues they identified/patched... although I am not too optimistic about that.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/3335371283882130648/

[19-10-2018] A hotfix for patch 4 was released, build 235.5.
This Hotfix addresses the following issues:

• Fix for audio issues introduced by patch 235.3, related to the use of Windows Spatial Audio for Dolby Atmos. For now we have disabled Atmos support while a full fix that will work for all players is under investigation.
  • Fix for crashes when using NVIDIA 2080 or 2080Ti NVIDIA GPU's with specific driver and OS versions. 
  • Fix for visual corruption and flickering particles and waterfalls on certain GPU hardware and driver versions.

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Not just a bunch Chris. 10 of my friends are also facing constant BSOD's with ARK. The only difference is that they are not here on this forum.

29 minutes ago, thebobmaster said:

Not just a bunch Chris. 10 of my friends are also facing constant BSOD's with ARK. The only difference is that they are not here on this forum.

Indeed, Extinction is going to be quite a disappointment if it lands before this fix. More and more people will be upgrading to 1080s and 2080s as time goes on, which will mean more issues. 

The smart money is on fixing an issue earlier rather than later. 

1 hour ago, ritzenwind said:

Friends of mine have the same problem with their new cards, i think im gonna tell them they should write here too, it seems like the problem just gets ignored

but they already quit the game cause its not working with rtx card

The more the merrier, we need to let the people that can help know how many of us have this problem...

16 hours ago, Chris said:

You guys are more than welcome to the same dumps that went to Nvidia.

I am trying out MSI 2080 Trio.

Windows is cleaned installed, i validated files for Ark just to be sure all is good. I played single player for 2-3 hours without any issue or bluescreen. So after that success i wanted to try my Official server. Jumped on and played for 15mins. Bluescreen BAD_POOL_CALLER... Tried again 20mins in, bluescreen. And again after 10mins with different crash message. 

Everything is up to date, Windows, Drivers, 2080 etc.

So @Chris Did you test the game on a server? A Official server? I bet you will crash also in here since its more stuff going on. You said you had SLI and some reported SLI works so maybe you wont get a crash.

But it need to be looked into asap. There is a serious problem here and it affect a huge group of players.

It works fine on dx10, so its related to dx12 from what i can see. And i dont want to play this game on dx10 when you have a beast of a gpu in your case ..

FYI i played Far Cry 5, GTA5, Witcher 3 on max settings for hours without any problems.

Been getting this a lot just recently using a 1070, probably since the last 2 Nvidia drivers came out, anyway deleted all drivers and Geforce Experience a couple of days ago and installed 399.24 which was released sometime in September I think, anyway it seems to have solved it for now, had a couple of long sessions and one random crash which was unrelated to the BSOD thing I've been getting

Archived