RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have an 850W PSU, and all the estimators say I should need a 550-600W PSU. So I don't really want to spend more money trying to fix a problem that clearly is not PSU related in this case. I am sure there are people having issues with their power supplies, but larger PSUs aren't doing it. I am very disappointed by the apparent lack of support on this.

I have now tested my MSi RTX 2080 gaming x Trio  with Corsair RM 1000W. (4 y old), a coolermaster 850W (6 y old) and a brand new Corsair HX 1000W.

Same behavior.  BSOD.

When Nvidia blames peoples psu's they are talking nonsense, they are just trying to shift the blame. Most new psu's comes with a 5 year warranty and is designed to last a lot longer. The new corsair HX 1000W I bought comes with a 10 year warranty. 

Same issue here! Random BSODs with my new Palit RTX 2080 @ v416.34 (Switched from MSI GTX 970, used DDU). Crashes with error "d3d device being lost" and after hitting ok it BSODs with "Kernel_Mode_Heap_Corruption". Other games work fine without any problems. Gamefiles are already verified, works fine with DX10.

i7 7820X (Board: X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC)

W10 x64 v1809

Any OC was disabled for testing

Can collect further information if required, just let me know!

Hi, I'm also encounter same problem, Ark Freeze > BSOD - Bad pool caller.

I'm quite sure that it's happen form lately Geforce driver update (I never encounter this problem until recently Geforce driver update) ,since Events Viewer show that it's happen form nvlddmkm.sys cause this error. 

Yesterday I try DDU (safe mode) and roll back to 399.24 and play like half day without any crash so far (Test on Crytal Isle map since I found it's happen more often when it's heavily use GPU). So I suggest that you can try it.

Anyways I also found this article 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3788495/warning-nvidia-driver-411-bsod-displayport.html

I'm not sure it was same problem that we encounter or not so I still not dare to try  XD - you can wait for Nvidia update or try this as your own risk. 

@shinjosho

20 series owners cannot downgrade past 411.x as its the first driver with support for it's hardware.

When you search for e.g. 2080ti drivers on nvidia.com these are the only ones that come up

GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Version: 416.34 - Release Date: Thu Oct 11, 2018
GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Version: 416.16 - Release Date: Thu Oct 04, 2018
GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Version: 411.70 - Release Date: Thu Sep 27, 2018
GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Version: 411.63 - Release Date: Wed Sep 19, 2018

But yes, it seems that the 411.x and 416.x driver version changed something which makes ARK more likely to crash. Altough my 1080ti did crash only once with the 411/416 drivers, while the 2080ti was crashing every single time.

The firmware referenced by you/tomsharware is also not compatible with 20 series:

SUPPORTED PRODUCTS
NVIDIA TITAN Series:
TITAN X (Maxwell), TITAN X (Pascal), TITAN XP
GeForce 10 Series:
GeForce GT 1030, GeForce GTX 1050, GTX 1050Ti, GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1070Ti, GTX 1080, GTX 1080Ti
GeForce 900 Series:
GeForce GTX 950, GTX 950Ti, GTX 960, GTX 970, GTX 980, GTX 980Ti
GeForce 700 Series:
GeForce GTX 745, GTX 750, GTX 750Ti
Quadro Series:
Quadro Maxwell and Pascal products may be impacted.  For support and additional details, contact OEM/Channel partner.  If further assistance is required, visit //support.nvidia.com.

14 hours ago, turbodonkey said:

Update from Nvidia: " Thank you for providing all of this information. With everything you have provided we were able to reproduce the crash. This will allow Nvidia to debug the issue and determine the cause. "

Feels like a little progress at last.

Inbe4: "the cause of the crash is the modified version of UE that ARK uses - SWC tweaked several low level timings for whatever reason that cause instability with new line of video cards and with some of the older ones under certain conditions. Bring up the problem to SWC".

I do not yet own a 2080 so bear with me. I do run two GTX 1070's in SLI. However, in doing so Ark had been crashing every few minutes in-game. I did some reading on the Unreal Engine forums and came across information about the "Rendering Hardware Interface". This is something that is known to cause issues on high-end systems. While the command to disable it is not documented on the Ark wiki, it is at Epic. I added "-norhithread" to the game launch parameters and I have since been able to play hours without a crash. Perhaps disabling this, which I believe has something to do with DX12, can help those of you fortunate enough to already own a 2080? It won't hurt either way. If you try it and it does work, let your fellow 2080 owners know!

Hope it helps.

21 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Inbe4: "the cause of the crash is the modified version of UE that ARK uses - SWC tweaked several low level timings for whatever reason that cause instability with new line of video cards and with some of the older ones under certain conditions. Bring up the problem to SWC".

Is that a reply from Nvidia?

Archived