RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, ritzenwind said:

i tried MP official servers only, i have 800w supply too, but it should be far enough for my i7 7700k,rtx 2080 gigabyte oc, 2x HDD,1x SSD, 16gb ram ddr4.

I just did a quick google of your card and it draws 280-300w on it's own lol. Now I'm not saying your PSU isn't enough, just in general these cards can really hog power.

I have a 1080 TI, but have been having similar issues to those others here have described. ARK will freeze, and once terminated via Task Manager, BSOD. The BSOD messages have varied but  typically BAD_POOL_CALLER All my issues started when I upgraded to driver version 411.70 around 28/9. I tried drivers 411.63 and had similar issues, and 416.34 yesterday. For me, I have gone back to 399.07 and had no issues. Story with friends is similar. One hasn't upgraded drivers and has no issues, one has and is seeing similar problems that I am. 

14 hours ago, SarcoSnack said:

I was getting various errors with the ASUS RTX 2080.  using "-norhithread" and replacing my dated Thermal Take 700W power supply with an EVGA 1000W power supply seems to have resolved my issues.  Unfortunately still can't play 4k on epic.  Here is hoping DLSS isn't to far off.

Worked well all weekend and then BSOD after 5 minutes today.

Yeah, I don't buy the PSU excuse WC and Nvidia are throwing around. This issue is, if nothing else, inconsistent. That points to a driver/engine issue triggered by a particular rendering activity. 

For what it's worth I've been monitoring temps, and my 2080 doesn't exceed 75C. Its load is the same playing Witcher 3 and Ark. Witcher doesn't crash. Vorpx and Oculus don't crash. Nothing else crashes but Ark.

I simply don't believe this is a load or power issue. 

I can't remember what my PSU is, but it's probably ~650w Seasonic. It may be underrated but is more than sufficient for a 2080 with a 4690k and minimal peripherals. 

I am getting this issue constantly after random amount of play time. It is occurring for both DX11/12 and DX 10 modes. Sometimes it occurs after 5 minutes and sometimes i can play for 2 hours before getting this BSOD.

FYI i am using 1600 Watt platinum PSU from Corsair with RTX 2080 ti. This has nothing to do with power supply problem or excess power drawn. This issue is not taking place in any of the other games. Please correct it ASAP.

10 hours ago, Chris said:

I just did a quick google of your card and it draws 280-300w on it's own lol. Now I'm not saying your PSU isn't enough, just in general these cards can really hog power.

You really think 800 is not enough? i dont know, im not a expert in such things. But if i use this http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/ with my whole system fans and stuff it says 550w is enough to run my system. I dont think i need 1000w or more to run it. And yeah i dont wanna say its on your end but i really only have problems with Ark Survival any other game is running fine, i tried Witcher 3 and Blackdesertonline in remastered/ultra mode which has equal graphics and stuff to ark. 

Also i got answer from nvidia, they said its not a driver problem -.- iam clueless

Ok, so thus far:

Nvidia say its not a driver problem.

WC say its not an Ark issue.

But neither have investigated beyond a cursory glance (that we know of).

Many of us have been fobbed off on the PSU excuse and spent more money to replace our PSU's - money wasted.

We've all faffed on with re-installs, DDU etc etc, to no avail.

2080 Users cannot roll back prior to 411.63 as that's the 2080 launch driver, so that solution is moot.

Maybe we can run in -enablereallycrappygraphicsmode, maybe not.

Nvidia have managed to fob me off past my statutory right to a refund within 30 days.

What now? What would you do if you were in our situation Chris?  Seems to me someone should take a little responsibility and I would think that only WC or Nvidia are in a position to properly investigate in more depth.  The problem is well beyond the average users ability to investigate.  How long would it take to gather a few of the dumps and debug?

17 hours ago, Chris said:

Chris, a good quality 850w power supply like an EVGA Supernova Gold is more than enough power to run 2x RTX 2080's along with an i7-8700k, 2x m.2 ssd drives, etc.

This is the total system power consumption info from legitreviews.

power-consumption-2080Ti.png

On 10/15/2018 at 12:15 PM, Chris said:

Wardie above said that he rolled back drivers and it's working fine, he also said he replaced his aging PSU. So I'd probably try rolling back drivers to see if it fixes the issue.

I rolled back to an earlier driver, too. I'm not at home, so I can't tell what version I went back to, but it was from early September (since that was the last time my game was working properly and not crashing). So far (knock on wood), I haven't had the bad_pool_caller crashes anymore.

BEDAISY.SYS crashes on the other hand did not stop... but I'm now playing without battleye and that seems to have stopped as well. 

On 10/15/2018 at 9:54 AM, turbodonkey said:

Ok, so thus far:

Nvidia say its not a driver problem.

WC say its not an Ark issue.

But neither have investigated beyond a cursory glance (that we know of).

Many of us have been fobbed off on the PSU excuse and spent more money to replace our PSU's - money wasted.

We've all faffed on with re-installs, DDU etc etc, to no avail.

2080 Users cannot roll back prior to 411.63 as that's the 2080 launch driver, so that solution is moot.

Maybe we can run in -enablereallycrappygraphicsmode, maybe not.

Nvidia have managed to fob me off past my statutory right to a refund within 30 days.

What now? What would you do if you were in our situation Chris?  Seems to me someone should take a little responsibility and I would think that only WC or Nvidia are in a position to properly investigate in more depth.  The problem is well beyond the average users ability to investigate.  How long would it take to gather a few of the dumps and debug?

Just now, ritzenwind said:

talked to nividia too 3 times now, the only thing happened is that they said its not a Driver problem and i got send from Level 1 to Level 2 to Level 3 support.....

I've now given them a full kernel dump now in addition to 2 minidumps, but not holding my breath, if they come back with something positive though I'll be posting back here, not sure how they can make that claim without looking at a dump though, maybe we're all imagining it, yes, that MUST be it!!

4 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

I've now given them a full kernel dump now in addition to 2 minidumps, but not holding my breath, if they come back with something positive though I'll be posting back here, not sure how they can make that claim without looking at a dump though, maybe we're all imagining it, yes, that MUST be it!!

I talked to live chat support and he asked me if i have the problem on other games too, i said no and then he told me it cant be a driver problem. But that was a week ago and now i got send to level 3 support :D

Archived