RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

I updated windows and the graphics driver, and that let me play for about 2 hours without a crash. And then there was another one. I haven't tried any other game for any amount of time yet, but will try a few others out. And I will start figuring out how to do those other things. Except the power cable part, that part I did. But either way, I hate drivers.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also getting blue screens with Ark using a 1070ti.

These problems seem to be more related to Unreal Engine as I sometimes get the unreal engine error box and once that is closed I get a blue screen.

It looks like the engine is losing its connection the the gpu device and exceptions that are thrown are not being handled correctly.

22 hours ago, CptChandler said:

@lordbufu

Yes as i wrote in my post the win 10 update.

(V.1803) It is set to release officialy on oct.10 but you can donwload it now, to download it just go into update section of Windows and search for update.

Windows 10 October Update includes the DirectX Raytracing API otherwise known as DXR, 
and will enable both the OS itself and the hardware - in this case, NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX series cards.

Your sense of humor is amazing ..... its the Windows 10 - October update not the Windows - 10 October update ..... i know it was a long shot but you know IT jokes are always kinda lame :P

The Raytracing was already active, otherwise the Experimental DXR SDK would have been useless.

Also nothing is using Ray tracing yet, so having it on or off on your OS or hardware for that mater would literally make 0 difference at this point (maybe after 17 Oct when that should start rolling out). Obviously a slightly different story for developers that are working on raytracing projects from the DXR SDK, but for us gamer it makes no difference atm.

The issue atm is simply a driver conflict (and ark is not the only game that has it atm, and also games that are not on UE4 are causing it), give it a week or so and it should be fixed, maybe sooner if your lucky.

FYI: Received an answer to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support.[..]I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue in game at this time. Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We currently have a different approach to bug report issues on PC and will need you to use the provided link below for this issue. I am here for any other questions or concerns that you may have for me at this time. Take care, and have a great day!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-bug-reports/ 

Tried to update my BIOS with M-Flash did nothing, newest driver from Nvidia still crash... Tried launch Ark in Dx10 still crash, and tried to launch ark in advanced modus with codes people mention earlier this thread also crashed for me. So seems like for me I will just swap my 970 and patiently wait till WildCard/UE/Nvidia does something.

Note! Yes I have updated newest Windows update available. And no the PSU thing won’t fix the issue.

22 hours ago, Sero said:

FYI: Received an answer to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting Studio Wildcard Customer Support.[..]I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue in game at this time. Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We currently have a different approach to bug report issues on PC and will need you to use the provided link below for this issue. I am here for any other questions or concerns that you may have for me at this time. Take care, and have a great day!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-bug-reports/ 

I got the same, 10 out of 10 for delaying any effort whatsoever, cannot escalate internally, please go back to the end of another queue.

Today I got the same exact problem Turbo have, BAD_POOL_CALLER 

This happen twice with 1 min between. It happen at the moment i exit the easy water cave on island. Game loaded and it crashed. And it happen again 10 meter from that cave.

Seems like this crash is related to loading in textures / rendering as people have said before. 

My PC:

i7 4790

GTX 1080

32G Ram

Windows 10 64bit

All drivers + windows is up to date.

This is a game issue for sure not a hardware issue from our end sinse so many have the same problem. I hope Wildcard is aware of this and push out a fix ASAP.

(Btw been on Abe for days this crash has not happen there).

14 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

At least we know they are aware now...

Nice, thanks for the info.

I am so sick of the poopty DX10 mode, but at least it runs stable for me and I dont have to switch cards every time :P

Unfortunately it's not a 1min load any map and look around issue (at least not for me), on some occasions I was able to play up to 30-45mins :(

• Administrator

Hey guys, just to preface - THIS ISN'T AN OFFICIAL WILDCARD RESPONSE, JUST MY OWN-

I installed my 2 2080Tis last night and tested on all maps and haven't had any issues. This was a fresh windows install and the latest drivers as of last night. Now, from what I've been able to find is that a lot of games are having this same issue and from what I've seen Nvidia are working on fixes.

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Hey guys, just to preface - THIS ISN'T AN OFFICIAL WILDCARD RESPONSE, JUST MY OWN-

I installed my 2 2080Tis last night and tested on all maps and haven't had any issues. This was a fresh windows install and the latest drivers as of last night. Now, from what I've been able to find is that a lot of games are having this same issue and from what I've seen Nvidia are working on fixes.

Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!

FYI:

At least for me it crashes only in ARK not other games. Fastest repro when going Host/local, choosing ISO crystal island, load map without any mods or other settings, enablespectator and fly around. Usually it crashes within 2-5mins. On other maps it takes a bit longer usually, anything from 15-45 minutes I'd say. Game freezes and when ending it BSOD.

Fast movement near water(?) does crash it the most.

Single GTX 2080 ti (Gainward GS), running 4K res with high/max details (but settings and fullscreen/windowed doesn't seem to have an effect for me).

850W PSU, 416.16 on Win 10 1809 

16 hours ago, Chris said:

Chris, appreciate the response. Which other games appear to be having this issue? Not that I play everything, but Ark is the only one with this issue that I've come across. If you could list some others, we might be able to attempt to replicate the error with those games, further isolating the problem to either UE or the Ark implementation thereof, or something else.

For what it's worth, I do experience the crash consistently on The Island and also Crystal Isles; on Ragnarok, I can either go all night without a crash, or crash 5 times a night (no more BAD_POOL_CALLER though, it's an array of different BSOD codes). I can't nail down what activity causes the crash, unfortunately.

No other games crash for me.

Cheers,

On 10/10/2018 at 4:23 PM, Agaloch said:

Chris, appreciate the response. Which other games appear to be having this issue? Not that I play everything, but Ark is the only one with this issue that I've come across. If you could list some others, we might be able to attempt to replicate the error with those games, further isolating the problem to either UE or the Ark implementation thereof, or something else.

For what it's worth, I do experience the crash consistently on The Island and also Crystal Isles; on Ragnarok, I can either go all night without a crash, or crash 5 times a night (no more BAD_POOL_CALLER though, it's an array of different BSOD codes). I can't nail down what activity causes the crash, unfortunately.

No other games crash for me.

Cheers,

same for me, the crash only occurs in ARK Survival, every other game i played and tested just works fine.

I formatted all hard drives and reinstalled windows from scratch. Now I only get the BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller error, and only in Ark do I ever see any issues. I have put several hours into other games with no issues. I hope they (Nvidia or Wildcard, don't really care who) can figure out where the disconnect is and get this all fixed. It is hard to pay for a server and not be able to use it...

On 10/9/2018 at 11:41 PM, Chris said:

I've had the same BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen twice in the last few days. Im my case I have a previous generation card (1070 FTW from EVGA).

At first the game totally freeze but I can alt+tab, then from the task manager I kill the ARK process and its when the system crash occurs.

Also Im having a repetitive crash in the last days that does not lead to system crash but it seem related to some physx issue:

ShooterGame.exe!RaycastSingle() (0x00007ff6f8f63ab8) + 0 bytes [d:\build\pc\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\collision\physxcollision.cpp:896]

Every time it happened I was on a drake landing on or near a river (the karki/spino river of aberration green zone).

Archived