RTX 2080 BSOD in Ark

turbodonkey

6 hours ago, Kjraider said:

Just to put in my 2 cents... 1080 ti is having the same issues. I will get into game and after a few minutes the game locks up/BSOD follows. Something with a new version of a driver must not be interacting well with the game? I can play 4 or 5 lol games with no issues, CSGO, Forza, etc. Must be an Ark thing.

Map : Ragnarok 

i7-8700k 5 ghz

32gb ddr4 3000

GTX 1080 TI 

I'm having this problem, too. I think my graphics card is 1070 though, it's definitely not the RTX2080. And mine can go for a while before it freezes and crashes, other times it does it right away. I thought I fixed the problem last week (was having new issues crashing/BSOD with BEDaisy.sys, too) because I hadn't crashed for a few days. Then BOOM! right as I was flying back into my base last night... 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2018 at 1:10 AM, Sero said:

It is :P

Yeah on other maps it took longer to get crashes, but when flying around in spectator mode it usually crashed at some point as well (~10-30mins). Maybe Isolde drove it to the max regarding size, effects or "ARK features" being used :)

Not sure if related but I think I often noticed (terrain?) shadows dissappearing and appearing prior to crashes. 

So crystal isle did also crash for you with RHI thread disabled?

I haven't had a chance to try Crystal Isle yet - however, The Island does indeed crash for me (after maybe 20 minutes), but it doesn't bluescreen.

Ragnarok, on the other hand, is still completely stable - I haven't had a single issue there since adding the rhi launch option.

Ultimately I think this is a problem WildCard need to fix rather than Nvidia.

How can they try an update from 10 October it's not even 10 October yet ........... ?

Not sure where you get that the October patch should enable RTX stuff, not seeing anything in the notes from said patch. I think your confusing it with windows now having official support for DX ray-tracing that is no longer in the experimental phase.

In general your all just going to have to wait until Nvidia solves what ever driver call is causing this issue, thats the downside of early adoption, stuff wont work properly. If you want to help send you findings to Nvidia so they can resolve the issue faster.

@lordbufu

Yes as i wrote in my post the win 10 update.

(V.1803) It is set to release officialy on oct.10 but you can donwload it now, to download it just go into update section of Windows and search for update.

Windows 10 October Update includes the DirectX Raytracing API otherwise known as DXR, 
and will enable both the OS itself and the hardware - in this case, NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX series cards.

6 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Same problem here, lastest October Windows Update, Latest Nvidia Update on GTX1080, loading to my own server, gets to the point where it is finished loading map and starts loading the zone you are in, loading appears in bottom right corner and PC bluescreens on kernal mode heap corruption.

This thread is about BAD_POOL_CALLER after upgrading to an RTX2080, I don't think your problem is related, its a different BSOD.  Have you tried DDU in safe mode and going in clean with latest driver?

3 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

This thread is about BAD_POOL_CALLER after upgrading to an RTX2080, I don't think your problem is related, its a different BSOD.  Have you tried DDU in safe mode and going in clean with latest driver?

Someone else mentioned above me that the BSOD changed to the same thing I received and no I did not, other games work fine, its just ARK so its not related to anything on my computer.

4 minutes ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Someone else mentioned above me that the BSOD changed to the same thing I received and no I did not, other games work fine, its just ARK so its not related to anything on my computer.

Used Steam to verify your game files?

DDU wont hurt either, and at least you know the drivers are clean.

9 minutes ago, turbodonkey said:

Used Steam to verify your game files?

DDU wont hurt either, and at least you know the drivers are clean.

Actually, my first BSOD was with previous Nvidia Driver and it raptored up my ARK Install as Steam no longer detected it upon being booted up again. So it basically already got reinstalled including all the mods. No other game has issues, just ARK, so driver is fine.

Just upgraded? to an RTX 2080 last night, Ark had worked fine before that on my 970, but within a few minutes it had crashed with the bad_pool_caller or something like that. But now it is crashing with whole new levels of blue screens. The BEDaisy.sys was one error and now the stop code DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL. Has anyone else been seeing a variety of crashing errors?

Also, my game crashes, and then shortly after ending the program via task manager, then the computer crashes. I am updating drivers and windows now, to see if that helps.

It would be interesting to hear if there are any RTX user's that can actually play Ark without these issues.

Erethor.

I have only had one other BSOD. That was a Kernel_Security_Check_failure and that was only one time. All other crashes are Bad_pool_caller.

You should go trough the usual stuff. Clean install of gpu driver,  memory stress test, disk test, update bios. Check you game files. Make sure you are using two cables to power your card.

Can you run other games without crashing?

Archived