Single player - God Mode Won't disable

Setzaroth

What gives you impression that God mode is still on after you've restarted the server?

Disconnecting from the server and reconnecting always disables God mode for me.

A quick google says... to Turn Off:
Cheat God
Cheat InfiniteStats
Cheat EnemyInvisible False

6 hours ago, Setzaroth said:

It's single player. What gives me the impression that god mode is still on is I'm not taking damage obviously. 

It wasn't obvious because God mode does more than prevent you taking damage.

For example, the "enemyinvisible" part of god mode means that you don't even get attacked because dinos can't see you.
Subtly different to that is "infinitestats" where dinos can see and attack you, but can't usually kill you.

Have you tried doing Cheat InfiniteStats by itself to see if that setting is still turned on?

15 hours ago, DuoMog said:

It wasn't obvious because God mode does more than prevent you taking damage.

For example, the "enemyinvisible" part of god mode means that you don't even get attacked because dinos can't see you.
Subtly different to that is "infinitestats" where dinos can see and attack you, but can't usually kill you.

Have you tried doing Cheat InfiniteStats by itself to see if that setting is still turned on?

Yes, I've done everything I can think of. I went through every relevant admin command that's listed on the wiki and toggled it on and off. But no matter what, I just won't take damage. I can drown and starve though. Just getting attacked and falling does nothing.

14 hours ago, Setzaroth said:

Yes, I've done everything I can think of. I went through every relevant admin command that's listed on the wiki and toggled it on and off. But no matter what, I just won't take damage. I can drown and starve though. Just getting attacked and falling does nothing.

Being able to starve means infinitestats is off.

I assume that "being attacked" means that wild dinos can see you, so they approach you to attack.  If so, enemyinvisible is off.

There are config settings that can change the effective amount of damage...

DinoDamageMultiplier - if set very low will reduce dino damage to almost zero. 

PlayerResistanceMultiplier - if set very low will limit the damage you can take from dinos.

I don't know if fall damage is effected by the PlayerResistanceMultiplier - I suggest you check to see if any of these values have changed.  Default is 1.0

On 9/28/2018 at 7:03 AM, DuoMog said:

Being able to starve means infinitestats is off.

I assume that "being attacked" means that wild dinos can see you, so they approach you to attack.  If so, enemyinvisible is off.

There are config settings that can change the effective amount of damage...

DinoDamageMultiplier - if set very low will reduce dino damage to almost zero. 

PlayerResistanceMultiplier - if set very low will limit the damage you can take from dinos.

I don't know if fall damage is effected by the PlayerResistanceMultiplier - I suggest you check to see if any of these values have changed.  Default is 1.0

Right, I didn't change anything though. Hence the confusion. I did a lot of troubleshooting before coming here.

• 10 months later...

Archived