Where to get flak equipment (or flak blueprints) ?

Mensana21

What level do you get in the cave? And which pieces?

ive gotten the helmet, gauntlets and shoes in improved blueprints (can’t remember what pieces are which level offhand) but would love to upgrade my torso and leg pieces as they really make a big difference. And not just in it’s ability to protect me. The extra durability is awesome and helps extend the time in between repairs dramatically.

i can’t recall how I got them, i think it was via free gifts but I’m not sure. I do know however that it wasn’t through caves as I’ve only completed the first one.

@ScreamingViolet Which cave is the first one ? 

I got the flak shoes as a free gift after watching an ad. And people says we can get flak equipment at the North ice cave. To get to this cave you’ll need the fur equipment, which you can obtain by doing the lava cave. This is the first one I did, and yesterday I finished The Center Cave at level 68. Center cave gave me chitin equipments blueprints but I already had them through gifts. 

As you mentioned, the extra durability is awesome (especially since we can’t repair our equipment in the Argy saddle..) but sometimes a higher quality equipment has less durability and we are forced to choose between a great durability or a better protection.. 

13 hours ago, Mensana21 said:

Oh also, if you don’t want to turn into a walking Swiss cheese, be careful in the Center Cave with your flak equipments : the arthropleura’s acid spit can melt it ! 

Thanks for the tip!

Im still really scared of the caves lol. It’s silly, I know, but they give me all kinds of anxiety!

i use the thick skin buff whenever I travel into the cold biome. For 15amber it lasts a lot longer than 24hrs... maybe it’s 24 hours of play as it seems to last me 4-5 days of use easily.  It’s my favourite buff of all. Once I’ve tamed a decent pack of dire wolves I think I’ll hit one of the snow caves.

waiting for scuba gear to go for the swamp cave though.

Me too I want that scuba gear ! I had just gotten the full fur equipment and I was only a few pelt away from finally going to the snow cave but then.the update was released and although I deleted the game, reset my iPad and reinstalled it, the only way to play again is to start from the beginning...for a second time !!! It’s like if my iCloud Data saved the crash-upon-startup bug. 

Since I have to start all over again, I’m considering investing my Ark time this time in the multiplayer mode, even if it’s for building everything again alone, by myself. Wanna join me in my madness ? ? 

I would love to play with people but from what I’ve seen so far, it’s not that easy to find a tribe... everyone is very suspicious even in PvE and in general if they don’t know you they don’t want to play with you.

Anyways if you, or other people reading this, would like to join me in the multiplayer mode, let me know. 

Also, thank you for letting me know that the thick skin is a good buff that stays a long time. I’ll try it when I’ll have Amber again. I had like 90. ? *sight*

The snow biome looks nice and I can’t wait to visit it. Oh, about the equipment blueprints : one of the swamp cave rewards is the ascendant fishing rod and I think if you use Amber on this fishing rod and fish big fishes like the saberthoot salmon, you may get ascendant equipment blueprints. But I’m not 100% sure it works on mobile, I will verify and come back to tell. 

I found 3 persons on this website reporting that it works on mobile, but plenty of other people saying they never got a single BP through fishing so.. it might works but I guess it takes a lot of time. Someone added that the fish needs to be high level and « with good multiplier » but I don’t know what that means. 

To fish for blueprints you need amber and the best ways to live in the snow biome are:

1. Get a frog to farm the lower south cave. It will give you good hide gear to keep you warm. Once you live in the snow biome kill mammoths and hatchet them to get lots of pelt for fur armor.

2. Live in the redwoods killing deer until you can build a fur chestpiece/pants then go to the snow area and hatchet mammoths to get lots of pelt for better armor.

3. Make 2 standing torches and some basic hide armor plus a small house. The house plus the standing torches will make you warm enough to regain health then you can run out and gather pelt until you can make fur armor and be warm.

I personally use a spino to kill mammoths and can get 200+ pelt from a single pelt run.

Archived