Solo Build Question

BlueDemi09

I found a build by searching google but it is fairly out of date. I wondered if it would work still? This is what they posted, back in like 2017 I think.

300 health

200 stamina

100 oxygen, food, water, melee

650 weight

130 movement speed

My one issue with this is it don't include Crafting or Fortitude. Are those worth it on a single player game? None of my settings was changed, they are all default. Kind of regret that but I can't change anything now or it all resets from what I been told.

5 hours ago, BlueDemi09 said:

I found a build by searching google but it is fairly out of date. I wondered if it would work still? This is what they posted, back in like 2017 I think.

300 health

200 stamina

100 oxygen, food, water, melee

650 weight

130 movement speed

My one issue with this is it don't include Crafting or Fortitude. Are those worth it on a single player game? None of my settings was changed, they are all default. Kind of regret that but I can't change anything now or it all resets from what I been told.

Fortitude helps for sure if you live up North or on a map like scorched, but I would pass on the crafting skill.  If you are playing Single Player you can just click allow unlimited respecs so you can spam your crafting skill up when you wanna gamble on some high tier saddles, or you can even have a secondary smithing character on another map if you don't want to spam resetting your skills.  I run 300 HP, 300 Melee on my main tank character and I play a secondary 160 speed character, speed is nice to outrun anything, but I enjoy the tankyness and the massive melee over the speed.  The most I've ever pumped my fortitude up to is 20 and I usually get by fine.

I always run 150 stam and never have issues. I would take that 50 off stam and bump hp up. If you can't outrun it at 150 stam and 130 MS you better be built like a tank lol.

My main build on official pve. Not exact numbers for all since i have 6 characters so they all blend together in my mind. Also, it depends on the map(no oxy on AB and SE).

450-hp

150-stam

260-Oxy(i like to swim like a dolphin)

400-weight

30ish-fort

The rest i leave at 100 aside from my dedicated crafter which is every point into crafting.

Hello,

For single player. My take on this.

Level only speed to player level 30. It should be 143 ish ( 142 plus one level).

After that you can do oxygen weight or fortitude.

I like snow so 46-52 fortitude is good best loot crates are in snow cave.

I use 140 stamina max if you use a chair undet water you can regen there as well.

Health I only level up in cave runs otherwise I have 100 and a dino or a 200 dmg longneck, prim shotgun or something gun related. Use clothing and fire power. Or even nuts, sleeping bags.

Melee is only leveled on creatures.

So weight is nice to have high but really how often do one need to move ingots. I use 260.

So most crazy is my oxygen 260 I like to swim down to caves and tame water creatures early on. 260 oxygen 143 speed and you go free of piranha.

Speed and stamina recovery lying on the ground is most important. For me.

Good luck.

Regards,

Ariana 

Wow, sorry I was supposed to get e-mails over this but thought no one replied. I've read over all the posts so far and thank you so much for your suggestions! I am currently on The Island map. I kind of wish I did mess with server settings because they are all at default currently and I have 0 way of finding where I'm at on the map so I rarely ever leave my little tiny base. There is a place on the map I want to move to that was recommended as one of the better areas to live at so just biding my time on that tiny little beach. -lol-

On 10/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, BlueDemi09 said:

Wow, sorry I was supposed to get e-mails over this but thought no one replied. I've read over all the posts so far and thank you so much for your suggestions! I am currently on The Island map. I kind of wish I did mess with server settings because they are all at default currently and I have 0 way of finding where I'm at on the map so I rarely ever leave my little tiny base. There is a place on the map I want to move to that was recommended as one of the better areas to live at so just biding my time on that tiny little beach. -lol-

Is there nothing on the map to signify where you are on it?

I’ve mainly played on the mobile version of ark and there’s a little triangle symbol to show where you are and which direction you are facing. Just got ark on my PS4 and when I open the map I can’t see anything to symbolise my position, so when I read this comment I realised it might not be a problem with my eyesight lol.

7 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

Is there nothing on the map to signify where you are on it?

I’ve mainly played on the mobile version of ark and there’s a little triangle symbol to show where you are and which direction you are facing. Just got ark on my PS4 and when I open the map I can’t see anything to symbolise my position, so when I read this comment I realised it might not be a problem with my eyesight lol.

According to a friend of mine who has a lot more experience in this game, there is a option to turn it on. It's not on by default. Kind of find that a bit silly considering it's extremely helpful.

13 hours ago, BlueDemi09 said:

According to a friend of mine who has a lot more experience in this game, there is a option to turn it on. It's not on by default. Kind of find that a bit silly considering it's extremely helpful.

That is kind of crazy that it’s not on by default. But this is the same really advanced, intricate game that comes with no form of tutorial or instructions. Sometimes things just don’t make sense.

thankyou.

Nah fam you need that melee , I have mine over 300 cause it affects most weaponry,  i cant be certain but i feel like it affects the crossbow too which is my backup when I run outta long neck darts 

Then get as much health and stamina once you get to a certain point speed doesnt really matter cause your riding something 90% of the time

But if you dont level up weight doing metal runs and stuff gets annoying 

What are you trying to do? I will give you some examples and explain why/why not to pump those stats.

New player? Best to get at least 130 movement speed, and 150 stamina. Then, based on what you wan't to do, you can either keep your movement speed or increase it to 150-160, health to 250+, weight to 300+, and fortitude to at least 20-30.

This is a great build for new players because of a few factors. When you first start, everything is going to be difficult to obtain, and everything will try to kill you. The best way to avoid most things is by being faster. While you could use traps, bolas, etc, the easiest way is to just run fast.  This build is not as tanky, but for a new player, worth a lot more than a tanky build.

Experienced player? The only change would be 300+ health, 350+ weight, and 30+ fortitude. Fortitude will help to stave off burning/freezing effects, and allow you to run around without having to always have gear on for normal errands and such. The weight also helps to carry gear for caving/exploring/etc.

My build? I'm level 102 with a few levels unspent (saving for mindwipe) but, the stats are: 130 movement speed, 350 health, 450 weight, 30 fortitude. I hate the default speed of the game, and its great to be able to play the game without gear for fun or need be. I can outrun most threats if I cave/get knocked off a mount/etc, the health allows me to tank quite a bit, the weight allows me to farm and transfer items much faster, and the fort helps me stave off burning/freezing.

Tips: No need to level up food, oxygen, melee, and crafting if you do not specialize in those areas. While they may look appealing, points spent in any of the categories above would outweigh the benefits of these stats. Furthermore, crafting speed is useless if you don't pump every single stat into it. This would be best if you either mindwiped to craft a load of things before mindwiping back, or simply make an alt character specifically for crafting bps. The gains from crafting speed are awesome with a level 100+ crafter, but will not get you far if you spend 10-20 points in crafting. Melee is a specific category, and you shouldn't put points into it unless your playstyle revolves around close combat. However, while you may think melee only applies to damage inflicted with spears and weapons, it also yields you more resources when harvesting resources like wood, thatch, stone, metal, etc. This may be useful, but once you tame/breed some nice dinos, you really won't be using your tools to harvest resources, and will instead turn to your tames.

Hope this helps.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:27 AM, BlueDemi09 said:

............None of my settings was changed, they are all default. Kind of regret that but I can't change anything now or it all resets from what I been told.

I just want to touch on that part. You can change your settings anytime you want. Nothing will reset. The game will automatically adjust according to the new settings. For example let's say you up your melee in settings to x2. Nothing will reset , the game will automatically adjust your melee value on your character accordingly to the amount of points you already
put in. This works for all stats on both character and Dinos. You can play around with those settings and find a sweetspot on the stats you like. The game is not gonna reset anything or you won't loose anything. If you changed a setting/multiplier and don't like the result you can just quit and change it back/adjust it until it's to your liking. The first time I discovered that I could change settings and stats I spend weeks constantly changing and fine tuning settings not only for stats but all the other multipliers like taming , breeding , resource spawning etc. until I found a sweet spot for everything just how I like it. Nothing ever got reset or lost. The game applies the new setting/multipliers immediately without resetting or removing anything.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:41 PM, EatMyDust said:

What are you trying to do? I will give you some examples and explain why/why not to pump those stats.

New player? Best to get at least 130 movement speed, and 150 stamina. Then, based on what you wan't to do, you can either keep your movement speed or increase it to 150-160, health to 250+, weight to 300+, and fortitude to at least 20-30.

This is a great build for new players because of a few factors. When you first start, everything is going to be difficult to obtain, and everything will try to kill you. The best way to avoid most things is by being faster. While you could use traps, bolas, etc, the easiest way is to just run fast.  This build is not as tanky, but for a new player, worth a lot more than a tanky build.

Experienced player? The only change would be 300+ health, 350+ weight, and 30+ fortitude. Fortitude will help to stave off burning/freezing effects, and allow you to run around without having to always have gear on for normal errands and such. The weight also helps to carry gear for caving/exploring/etc.

My build? I'm level 102 with a few levels unspent (saving for mindwipe) but, the stats are: 130 movement speed, 350 health, 450 weight, 30 fortitude. I hate the default speed of the game, and its great to be able to play the game without gear for fun or need be. I can outrun most threats if I cave/get knocked off a mount/etc, the health allows me to tank quite a bit, the weight allows me to farm and transfer items much faster, and the fort helps me stave off burning/freezing.

Tips: No need to level up food, oxygen, melee, and crafting if you do not specialize in those areas. While they may look appealing, points spent in any of the categories above would outweigh the benefits of these stats. Furthermore, crafting speed is useless if you don't pump every single stat into it. This would be best if you either mindwiped to craft a load of things before mindwiping back, or simply make an alt character specifically for crafting bps. The gains from crafting speed are awesome with a level 100+ crafter, but will not get you far if you spend 10-20 points in crafting. Melee is a specific category, and you shouldn't put points into it unless your playstyle revolves around close combat. However, while you may think melee only applies to damage inflicted with spears and weapons, it also yields you more resources when harvesting resources like wood, thatch, stone, metal, etc. This may be useful, but once you tame/breed some nice dinos, you really won't be using your tools to harvest resources, and will instead turn to your tames.

Hope this helps.

Essentially I was aiming to only have one character and be able to craft easy. I'd love to be able to tame stuff like Gigas and T-rexes though but since I am in Singleplayer, that's gonna be rather hard. So far my stats are like 130 speed, 200 stamina and working on one of the other stats that I can't recall off hand. I could try to get the Mindwipe Tonic and reset it and redo all the points from there. or just spawn one in to redo it when I get on next.

17 hours ago, Wikus said:

I just want to touch on that part. You can change your settings anytime you want. Nothing will reset. The game will automatically adjust according to the new settings. For example let's say you up your melee in settings to x2. Nothing will reset , the game will automatically adjust your melee value on your character accordingly to the amount of points you already
put in. This works for all stats on both character and Dinos. You can play around with those settings and find a sweetspot on the stats you like. The game is not gonna reset anything or you won't loose anything. If you changed a setting/multiplier and don't like the result you can just quit and change it back/adjust it until it's to your liking. The first time I discovered that I could change settings and stats I spend weeks constantly changing and fine tuning settings not only for stats but all the other multipliers like taming , breeding , resource spawning etc. until I found a sweet spot for everything just how I like it. Nothing ever got reset or lost. The game applies the new setting/multipliers immediately without resetting or removing anything.

Seriously? I have some stuff to set then. XD I was debating on starting a new file but I just started to work on a raptor and was not really wanting to just throw all that away. 

Archived