Disappearing dinos

CadieStarfire

Has anyone else had an issue of wild dinos suddenly disappearing? I know I saw a Quetzal over by the mountain nearest to Carnivore Island and I KNOW I saw a Level 14 Giganotosaurus on the same mountain. Both have suddenly vanished. I can't find them anywhere. There was only ever 2 Giganotosaurus on my Single Player map, I tamed the one (can I just say that it is embarrassing that I tamed a Giganotosaurus before I could tame a Quetzal, they really need to make taming the Quetzal easier in single player especially when they give you a free saddle for it) and now that I have my confidence up, I went to see about luring the Lvl 14 Giga to my taming pen and I couldn't find it anywhere. Same thing with the Quetzal, I had seen it by the mountain numerous times, but when I went to go and try to tame it, it was nowhere to be found. I even went as far as establishing a search grid and I still can't find it. I wish they had that mod for the PC version of Ark that scans the server and will tell you what dinos are on the map. At least then I'd know if they still are on the map. It's so frustrating. 

4 hours ago, CadieStarfire said:

I FOUND THE QUETZ!!! And I tamed it. It’s an ugly buzzard of a quetz, but it’s a start. 

?WooHoo!!?

congratulations

im cooking up some Rex egg kibble right now (for about the hundredth time) and am going out... or up... in search of one. 

?? fingers crossed

I delved into the Ice Cave numerous times to farm up enough amber, then I went and killed the quetz, took the chip to an obelisk, revived it, chain bolas it and then knocked it out. It was only a level five and I have an ascendant longneck rifle, so it only took three darts. Some people might say that's cheating, but the Ice Cave is not easy and it took several trips because they don't always award amber and it cost me 21 amber. I would have tried to bring it down the other way, but there are allosaurus, rexes, raptors and that level 14 Giganotosaurus below where the quetzal was flying about, so I decided it was safer to just go caving, kill the quetz and then revive it.

Funny enough, later the same day I was out on my Giganotosaurus and spotted another quetzal and with my first Quetzal I was able to bring that one down without needing amber. Unfortunately the stupid app kept crashing, but thankfully a quetz kept spawning in the same area...different looking one every time. First one was a gorgeous emerald green winged one, second one was solid blue, and the last one was just as ugly as my first one. I now have a breeding pair of Quetzals. Just too bad it's in single player, I would gladly do trading if it had been on a multiplayer server. 

Archived