Sign in to follow this  
thills

Tek Cave recommendation (single player, PS4)

Hi all,

Looking for any tips & gotchyas when it comes to doing the Tek Cave. The main bulk of my army is Rexes, around 45k health, 2k stam and 1000 melee. They've all got ascendant saddles.I will also bring a few Yutys, Allos and Daeodons. I plan to run them down in groups to avoid lava casualties. Do the dinos respawn at all in the cave? 

My gear will be fur, tek suits, health brews, the soups, usual weapons, pheromone darts and maybe a few sacrificals to send to the lava for the gigas. 

Once you beat the Overseer, and you respawn, has anyone had issues with losing their characters at all? 

Any other tips are welcome. 

1 hour ago, PFM said:

How the hell do you have Rexes with stats that insane? I have a bloodline made up entirely of 150 tames that are max imprinted and they only have 900 melee and 22K health. 

Single player settings

3 hours ago, PFM said:

Oh with Single player settings that makes sense. And it seems like it's spending way too many points into health if not just having bad melee on the Rexes. 

Those stats aren't out of the ordinary though. On official, my rexes are being born with 25.7k health, 814 melee. Once a few levels have been thrown in with imprint, you're looking at 60k health, 1300 melee. 

10 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

Those stats aren't out of the ordinary though. On official, my rexes are being born with 25.7k health, 814 melee. Once a few levels have been thrown in with imprint, you're looking at 60k health, 1300 melee. 

Out of the ordinary for unofficial without thousands of people to trade with, yeah. Those arent ordinary stats,years of mutation stacking hehe

Congrats on the nice rexs though

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Out of the ordinary for unofficial without thousands of people to trade with, yeah. Those arent ordinary stats,years of mutation stacking hehe

Congrats on the nice rexs though

I'm glad to see somebody pointing that out, I always find it funny when people brag about the ridiculous stats on official servers due to the mutation stackings and trading.  There is literally no way anybody is going to get anywhere near that with a few months of mutation breeding and hunting their own wild stats.  The only way you are going to find that on unofficial is if you are playing a modded rates server.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I'm glad to see somebody pointing that out, I always find it funny when people brag about the ridiculous stats on official servers due to the mutation stackings and trading.  There is literally no way anybody is going to get anywhere near that with a few months of mutation breeding and hunting their own wild stats.  The only way you are going to find that on unofficial is if you are playing a modded rates server.

Oh, for sure. It wasnt like I was downplaying @Bruvas78neither. Its just the truth of it. He very well mightve gotten the stats himself- I have no way of knowing. 

I try to always mention it when people say "you need 25k hp 1000 melee hatch rexs" for bosses that the first bosses were done with 10-13k 400 melee rexs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Oh, for sure. It wasnt like I was downplaying @Bruvas78neither. Its just the truth of it. He very well mightve gotten the stats himself- I have no way of knowing. 

I try to always mention it when people say "you need 25k hp 1000 melee hatch rexs" for bosses that the first bosses were done with 10-13k 400 melee rexs

Quite right. I traded up to those stats so that I can sit for a night and run gamma on the centre with only an 8 minute pause in between. But 11k / 400 is more than ample with a nice saddle.

It's not really a brag either as everyone on our server has the stats as soon as another tribe gets them. Cracking server in that respects. 

Edited by Bruvas78
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

That's definitely out of the ordinary. That's impossible without tons of generations of Rexes and an exorbitant amount of mutations. I have tamed 8 level 150 Rexes, (and dozens of 145s) and the best health I had on any of them was 9680 post-tame, and the best melee post-tame was 483%. I bred them and I had babies popping out with 9.68K health and 483% melee. That's realistically the best you can do without mutations. And mutations only happen 7% of the time, so it requires an astronomical amount of breeding to get a couple mutations, let alone enough mutations to get a natural health stat of 25K+. I would definitely call the stats that you gave "out of the ordinary." 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PFM said:

That's definitely out of the ordinary. That's impossible without tons of generations of Rexes and an exorbitant amount of mutations. I have tamed 8 level 150 Rexes, (and dozens of 145s) and the best health I had on any of them was 9680 post-tame, and the best melee post-tame was 483%. I bred them and I had babies popping out with 9.68K health and 483% melee. That's realistically the best you can do without mutations. And mutations only happen 7% of the time, so it requires an astronomical amount of breeding to get a couple mutations, let alone enough mutations to get a natural health stat of 25K+. I would definitely call the stats that you gave "out of the ordinary." 

If you play Official Xbox PVE, pm me your server number and I'll drop off some eggs. 

10 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

If you play Official Xbox PVE, pm me your server number and I'll drop off some eggs. 

Oh no I'm fine. I appreciate the offer, I just wanted to establish that what you are describing is definitely out of the ordinary. 

51 minutes ago, PFM said:

Oh no I'm fine. I appreciate the offer, I just wanted to establish that what you are describing is definitely out of the ordinary. 

Fair do's. Only feels that way as all the big tribes rock these rexes on our server. A couple even have better melee stats 😐