Dragon Boss tips?

BremFM

Hello!

I've searched all over the internet, but to no avail. I want to do the dragon on either beta or alpha difficulty (I want an underwater base, and figured I need a Tek teleporter for that so alpha dragon?)

However, I can't find anywhere what would be the recommended setup to go in. Most posts I've found were before the patch and are generally outdated. What is a good strategy to take him on? We got like 13 15-20k hp 400 melee rexes that can still be levelled a tad bit. I read that a way is to send in 2 rexess at a time while you shoot the dragon with weaponry. We have an ascendant crossbow blueprint (230%) and a blueprint for 180% compound. Various shotgun and rifle blueprints too. Which should we use? Any other tips? We will be doing the fight with 4 people.

Regards,

Bremfm

I killed Alpha dragon last weekend, 7 players with 7 dinos each.

Each player with shotgun ( i had 500 ammo, and i used maybe 320 ). I used megaloceros, like some mates, but almost mates used therizinos.

Keep moving, and never stop firing. Avoid the fire breath, bring 3 armor kits, enough food/drinks/stews, and 25-30 veggie cakes for your mount.

Super effective strategy.

Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this on official or a single player/dedicated server? 

Would say the easier way to do this would be to get into breeding/mutations , but if that's not your thing or you don't want to spend the time shotguns are always good.

I did this fight recently with two of us and used 18 super bred super levelled mutated rexes (x2 stacked health and x3 stacked melee), a super bred yuti and a pig with very good ascendant saddles.  I spent months getting the rexes and breeding them.

A bunch of the rexes almost died, but the fight was fairly quick. I'm not really one to rely on guns though xD I like breeding armies. Would recommend going straight to alpha if you're going to attempt it because beta isn't much easier and its pointless to throw resources at it.

We go in with 1 pig, 1 yuty, 9 Theri with 100 cakes each and 9 rex full of meat.

The Theri and Rexs are set to obey separate group commands. Each has 4 riders. 

When fight starts we attack with Theri first leave Rexs with yuty and pig. After that damage phase we attack the 2nd landing with Rexs while Theri eat cakes.

Then rotate back to Theri while pig heals Rexs.

Works pretty smooth just stay out the lava.

Rag is much easier we just use Rexs and a yuty. 

Archived