My ark keeps "uninstalling"

edoux10

Its the third time now, when I log into steam in the morning, right after I turn on my computer, I try to open Ark and it says: Installing ark. I have no clue why, but my steam pretends like my ark is uninstalled when i have the whole game downloaded. And when I am "downloading" the game, its not even downloading, it says while downloading: "Discovering existing files for Ark: Survival Evolved..." And this process of rediscovering the files that are already installed takes about 20 minutes. Is there anyone else that has the same problems as I do or has a fix for this annoying bug/glitch/whatever the heck this is? I would really appreciate some input as to what I could do to get this resolved other than waiting 20 minutes for the game to realize that the damn game is still downloaded on my computer!

Dont know why this happens but cpl files(think thats the name) in steamapps folder is corrupt. One thing you can do if you dont know whats keeping them be corrupt is to backup game config file(cpl) after install and if corrupt just replace with backup and restart steam.

Have to make new backup after updates, this is not a fix but saves you 19 of 20min.

Maybe cpl is wrong name lol dont remeber but there is one file for every installed game.

Edit: acf file it is

Try running a scan on your hard disk to see if it has become corrupt, and run a virus scan just in case you've been infected.

Also try    sfc /scannow   from an administrator cmd prompt to check your Windows installation.

13 hours ago, edoux10 said:

Its the third time now, when I log into steam in the morning, right after I turn on my computer, I try to open Ark and it says: Installing ark. I have no clue why, but my steam pretends like my ark is uninstalled when i have the whole game downloaded. And when I am "downloading" the game, its not even downloading, it says while downloading: "Discovering existing files for Ark: Survival Evolved..." And this process of rediscovering the files that are already installed takes about 20 minutes. Is there anyone else that has the same problems as I do or has a fix for this annoying bug/glitch/whatever the heck this is? I would really appreciate some input as to what I could do to get this resolved other than waiting 20 minutes for the game to realize that the damn game is still downloaded on my computer!

Its a hint .. Ark doesn't want you to play it ..  Could be ur play style :P

Archived