Ad watching wait times

ScreamingViolet

I’m playing ark mobile on iOS in solo mode and have primal pass.

ive recently noticed that after I watch an ad to earn ancient Amber a countdown timer appears and counts down what I thought was 6 minutes. However once the timer hits 0:00 it just sits there and does nothing. It just stares back at you. At at some point it does disappear and the watch ad button returns - I’m not sure how long it takes as I’ve not wanted to get involved in a staring competition with the 0:00 timer!

does anyone else have a similar experience?

can anyone confirm what the wait time should be in between ads? I usually try and watch one whenever I collect my free gift (they come 90mins apart with primal pass)

cheers guys 

It pays to do a bit of research before creating a whole new thread about the exact same thing!!

Others have had the exact same issue and have reported it in At least one other thread

the developers are aware of the issue (maybe there aren’t enough ads to be serving one to each player every six minutes- as the ads are a revenue stream for ark) and are working on fixing it.

just thought I’d add this in case someone with the same issue found this from google etc

I think WarDrumJordan has replied to this question previously - if I can remember correctly, there is a set amount of ads available. Once those have been depleted one has to wait until more are available.  There may also be a glitch, but I am unsure about that.  In my experience I find that watching ads for gifts ? reduces the amount of ads I can watch to receive amber.  I usually watch ads for amber then when there’s no more I can just collect gifts ‘for free’.  I do seem to get poorer gifts this way - paints, obsidian etc, but I’m unsure if it’s random... 

A temporary solution in my original thread says to reset your advertising identifier in your phones settings. A quick google showed me how on my iPhone.

Settings-> privacy -> Advertising -> reset advertising identifier. 

This helped.

Sometimes I need to wait a few seconds for “0:00” to disappear and “watch ad” pops up.

If that doesn’t work. I reload the game once or twice and it seems to works.

If still nothing I’ll re set the ad identifier again then rinse repeat. 

I’m guessing we get ads based on our ad identifier.  By resting the identifier we are not limiting ourself to ads based on our browsing interests inturn letting us watch a more variety of ads  and less chance of running out of ads to serve us. ??‍♂️

Good luck!!

9 hours ago, HavelockVetinari said:

I think WarDrumJordan has replied to this question previously - if I can remember correctly, there is a set amount of ads available. Once those have been depleted one has to wait until more are available.  There may also be a glitch, but I am unsure about that.  In my experience I find that watching ads for gifts ? reduces the amount of ads I can watch to receive amber.  I usually watch ads for amber then when there’s no more I can just collect gifts ‘for free’.  I do seem to get poorer gifts this way - paints, obsidian etc, but I’m unsure if it’s random... 

That makes complete sense - that you can only watch an ad if there are still ads available to watch.  Thanks for that.

ive got primal pass so I don’t have to watch ads for the gifts, I get one every hour and a half (real world time) and sometimes they are completely pointless, I’ve lost count of how many pairs of annoying glasses ? I’ve gotten and I could paint a technicolor dream with my paints ? but I’ve also gotten some really awesome blueprints. Not sure if that’s related to the primal pass though.

4 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

That makes complete sense - that you can only watch an ad if there are still ads available to watch.  Thanks for that.

ive got primal pass so I don’t have to watch ads for the gifts, I get one every hour and a half (real world time) and sometimes they are completely pointless, I’ve lost count of how many pairs of annoying glasses ? I’ve gotten and I could paint a technicolor dream with my paints ? but I’ve also gotten some really awesome blueprints. Not sure if that’s related to the primal pass though.

I get the gifts every hour and a half too.  I just have to watch ads sometimes, but usually I have used my ‘ad allowance’ on amber, so I don’t usually have to watch owt. 

I get the same as you I guess. Some excellent BPs on a rare occasion, but usually rubbish. 

Archived