Hyaenodon taming nightmare

Nestmind

Hallo, I got onto the ark recently and I am loving this game...but I am having a really hard time taming Hyaenodon

It's impossible! 

I took one,put it in a taming pen,got my gillie ready and...I have to go Crazy close, before the game give me the possibility to pet it

I am crouched, attached to that butt like and fly, try in every possible way to come close JUST THE MINIMUM but every time I have to get closer before finally having the chance to press triangle to pet

I know that many people tamed lots of them but....I have lost like 24 hours total trying to tame many hyenas (many broke free and disappeared) but...nothing

And they should something u can tame from level 19....before gillie.

I really don't get it

Is the aggro/pet range bugged on ps4? Or something like that?

I'm in single player so no lag...please I need help and tips,because those little buggers hare vay to hard to tame

4 hours ago, Nestmind said:

Hallo, I got onto the ark recently and I am loving this game...but I am having a really hard time taming Hyaenodon

It's impossible! 

I took one,put it in a taming pen,got my gillie ready and...I have to go Crazy close, before the game give me the possibility to pet it

I am crouched, attached to that butt like and fly, try in every possible way to come close JUST THE MINIMUM but every time I have to get closer before finally having the chance to press triangle to pet

I know that many people tamed lots of them but....I have lost like 24 hours total trying to tame many hyenas (many broke free and disappeared) but...nothing

And they should something u can tame from level 19....before gillie.

I really don't get it

Is the aggro/pet range bugged on ps4? Or something like that?

I'm in single player so no lag...please I need help and tips,because those little buggers hare vay to hard to tame

Are you trying to pet them while in third person mode? You shouldn't. 

My hyena pens are always 2x3 fence foundations with door frames, no doors, all around. Try that. 

2 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Are you trying to pet them while in third person mode? You shouldn't. 

My hyena pens are always 2x3 fence foundations with door frames, no doors, all around. Try that. 

WORKED

At least on the lv 25

Now I try a 135, thx 

I still think this is ridicolous, but aving tamed the male and working on a female it's not my problem anymore

3 hours ago, NightSlayer79 said:

Even on 2x they seem stupid long for a passive tame.

They can be a pain. Mine are birthing around 240 and taming enough to start breeding was very time consuming and frustrating. You really gotta love them to tolerate taming them, and expect for every 3 you tame to need a new keyboard from smashing it when the server lags and you spook it.

Archived