Transponder Tracker and Nodes

CadieStarfire

I've placed transponder nodes on my dinos so I can find them, the nodes work for about 1 hour and then stop working. I had to leave my work force to go get something from base so I put nodes on my work force so I could find them again because I seem to be having trouble finding them, but as I was on my way back, I tried to use the tracker in conjunction with the GPS and nothing. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong? It worked fine when I was harvesting resources, but when I left the area, it stopped working. 

7 minutes ago, CadieStarfire said:

I've placed transponder nodes on my dinos so I can find them, the nodes work for about 1 hour and then stop working. I had to leave my work force to go get something from base so I put nodes on my work force so I could find them again because I seem to be having trouble finding them, but as I was on my way back, I tried to use the tracker in conjunction with the GPS and nothing. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong? It worked fine when I was harvesting resources, but when I left the area, it stopped working. 

I don't ahve your answer, bu have you tried youtube or the ark wiki?

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had them disappear as well.

to be honest it didn’t overly bother me as at worst I only lose whatever they’ve gathered since I last saw them, or in the case of my birds, what I left on them when I fell off following the game crashing. I’m rather unimpressed that there is no feature at all like this on console. I’m guessing someone would’ve made a mod with this request capability for pc, but of course I could be wrong.

i am beyond appalled by what you reported @RMD8000, that wildcard aren’t supporting single player. Am I possibly missing something? Is another company offering support? Or are we just forgotten? Do the people who don’t want to play in the toxic world of the online game not matter, is the money of the people without a decent internet connection not worth as much as those who do?

Thankfully the guys from the dev team responsible for porting ark over to mobile are pretty impressive, and single player gets the same attention as everyone else. even the week or so turn around for support issues is impressive compared to that.

having begun on mobile before moving up to PS4 I’ve got to say there are a LOT of features that make mobile that much easier to play. Equally a lot of the more advanced options and end of game play is missing also. The lack of being able to track, control and request Dino’s being the one that annoys me the most.

Sorry I got a bit off topic there, anger has a habit of doing that!. Hopefully your fix will also work on mobile. I’m guessing it will as the various platforms share the same core code, considering all platforms are having this issue I do dare say that’s the component to blame.

The Structures Plus has a mod which will list all tames and their GPS locations, however no use to those who prefer or only have access to the console version.

It was wildcard who responded to my support ticket and they didn't suggest that somebody else would support single player.  Maybe the guy was having an off day or was new to the company, so I would still recommend submitting support tickets if you experience bugs in the game.  You may receive a better response or at least they could have a better idea of how many of us are experiencing the bugs.

I wouldn't say you went off topic, we have a bug which they haven't fixed regardless of platform.  I haven't personally played the mobile version but like you said the workaround may work.  I have spent hours/days fighting with the transponders and if even a few players benefit from my research I don't see it as time wasted :)

The forum is exactly the place for this type of discussion and hopefully wildcard may read our posts and improve their service one day!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived