Manticore trophy head disappearing

Nch1418

Okay everyone. Quick question for anyone who can answer it. I play the game on single player, primarily on The Island. I had spawned in an alpha manticore trophy because I couldn't transfer the one I earned on Scorched Earth to The Island and I really wanted it in my trophy room. Anyway, I discovered recently that it despawned/disappeared from the wall mount I placed it on. I spawned another one and placed it on another wall mount. I'm curious whether you guys have had this happen with this or other trophies in the game. If so, is it a bug isolated to the manticore trophy or a single player world, or was my trophy wall mount I originally had it on bugged out? Let me know.

• 6 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 4:34 AM, Nch1418 said:

Okay everyone. Quick question for anyone who can answer it. I play the game on single player, primarily on The Island. I had spawned in an alpha manticore trophy because I couldn't transfer the one I earned on Scorched Earth to The Island and I really wanted it in my trophy room. Anyway, I discovered recently that it despawned/disappeared from the wall mount I placed it on. I spawned another one and placed it on another wall mount. I'm curious whether you guys have had this happen with this or other trophies in the game. If so, is it a bug isolated to the manticore trophy or a single player world, or was my trophy wall mount I originally had it on bugged out? Let me know.

I can confirm the same happening to me. In my extinction Singleplayer, I am creating a museum of sorts with all trophy mounts. I had spawned in trophies whatever was not native to Extinction & had put on the wall mount. To my surprise, the following trophies vanished:

Manticore, Dragon, Megapithecus, Broodmother(Only beta & alpha).

Strange thing is Gamma Brood, Alpha Rex, Alpha Wyvern & Alpha Deathworm trophies did NOT vanish even though the others did. 

This behavior seems to be consistent with the taxidermies too, since I have Island bosses taxidermied OK on large bases BUT Rockwell & Manticore taxidermies are invisible. Same invisibility for many other creatures like Alpha Mosa etc even though Alpha carno/Rex/Raptor is there.

Looking at how the game randomly vanishes or makes invisible non-native things, its clear its a bug & a pretty disappointing bug too.

PS: Its really difficult to take dermis from Rockwell. I did it w/o cheats & now I can't even display it.

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 3:03 AM, Freespirit said:

I can confirm the same happening to me. In my extinction Singleplayer, I am creating a museum of sorts with all trophy mounts. I had spawned in trophies whatever was not native to Extinction & had put on the wall mount. To my surprise, the following trophies vanished:

Manticore, Dragon, Megapithecus, Broodmother(Only beta & alpha).

Strange thing is Gamma Brood, Alpha Rex, Alpha Wyvern & Alpha Deathworm trophies did NOT vanish even though the others did. 

This behavior seems to be consistent with the taxidermies too, since I have Island bosses taxidermied OK on large bases BUT Rockwell & Manticore taxidermies are invisible. Same invisibility for many other creatures like Alpha Mosa etc even though Alpha carno/Rex/Raptor is there.

Looking at how the game randomly vanishes or makes invisible non-native things, its clear its a bug & a pretty disappointing bug too.

PS: Its really difficult to take dermis from Rockwell. I did it w/o cheats & now I can't even display it.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I agree it must be a bug. I'd also like to have all my trophies on one map too, but the game seems insistent to not allow it for some strange reason. The same thing has happened with certain alpha or apex drops despawning when spawned in on other maps. For instance, I tried to have the Aberration alpha drops on the Island as collectibles, but they disappeared. Surprisingly, the normal apex drops such as from the rock drake and basilisk remained there. I don't know how this game figures out what's allowed on certain maps and what isn't, but it seems highly inconsistent to me.

Archived