What is the most tragic story of losing a dino you guys have?

ClutchMan

I'll start off, I once had a ptera named Snoop Dogg and he was a beast. Kibble tamed, lvl 210, and had green and grey stripes. I decided to go afk for a moment at vb, and when I got back, a group of argies were eating us. I panicked and flew away with my bloodied bird and landed at the beach. Thinking I was all clear, I got off and killed a parasaur for him to eat. I am harvesting the parasaur when I'm greeted with "Snoop dog level 210 has been killed by alpha carno level 50" and that was the day that decided that I would never go afk in a dangerous area.

Lost our only giga (claimed some weeks before from a leaving tribe) that was on neutral in the water at green obi on SE. pegos were new, and we didn’t know that there were (or still are?) problems with neutral dinos not fighting back in the water.

Lost a passive bronto to a pego too, he had neutral rexes following it, but apparently they were on the wrong side and couldn't reach the pego. It came back to life after a rollback though. 

Edit: since SE was our main server it was pretty hard to find a giga... 

Had a 250 ice wyvern (Was such a PAIN to acquire the 180 egg) that died to a rock golem. At the time, I had never heard of a golem and the desert was still incomplete in Rag.

So after trading for a 230% mastercraft pump BP and ascendant longneck/argy saddle BPs, I decided  to take a restroom break after making such a huge trade for my tribe. Then I went AFK and went to the store.  

I left it there because I lived all the way in NW while I was in SE, so I decided to make a pit stop. I left my wyvern near a rock. The desert area was blocked by a border on official but I got through it. It was a shield so others couldn’t get through. I know a guy who knew another guy that told me how to glitch through..

ANYWAYS, the area was dead and there was nothing but flat desert and a few creatures. Left my wyvern on neutral, because it could defend itself from some insects and mantises. Turns out, that rock wasn’t really a rock. 

Came back to find my wyvern nowhere in sight. My wyvern died to a 120 rock golem about 40 minutes before I returned. BPs were lost. Got booted out of my tribe because those paranoid freaks thought I was insiding them, keeping the BPs for myself. Lost literally everything and am now a beach bob.

I will just wait for fallout 76 to release, done with this game.

Oh oh!

My tribeleader lost almost all of his animals before offline protection was a thing. Someone aggroed a titano in his base that had walked over the walls. Nothing but death messages in the log.

All the dinos I had tamed were gone, except a lvl 60something Blue doed that curled up, and my very first tame, a jerboa.

We moved all the remaining animals, about 20-30, to the outpost nearby.

Somehow my jerboa got eaten by the ark. I know where I placed it, there was never a death message, but it was gone :(

Lets go with my first ever rock drake on my first Aberration server,  struggling to remeber anything thats really tragic.

Pekaboo was a low level rock drake (must have been a level 20 egg), but it was one of the first and only my tribe managed to get out of the drake trench on our first trip down. We all went back down to the drake trench on spinos apart from me on the drake to get more eggs. The idea being to use the spinos to fight the drakes and to use the low level drake as glorified climbing picks for accessing drake nests that we would not normally get to. So we got a few eggs no big deal. Drake took a bit of beating, but wasnt to bad the spinos did their job well, the drake must have been slightly above half health. Moving between the chambers my drake just straight out died under me with no warning, it literally melted right under me. More than half health gone instantly. A drake had pounced me from the roof and got the strafe attack off on me, must have been aggroed from earlier on and took its time to engage us. The spinos took out the drake but of course it was to late. Thankfully we got  drake eggs so the trip was worth it. I ended up just suiciding because there was no way I was getting out of the red zone on foot. I know it was just a low level drake, but it was instrumental in getting further drake eggs. RIP Pekaboo you were missed.

Back on my first base when I had a 3 person tribe me and my roommate were both active and I just tamed a lvl 50 spino she was beautiful,  but I was gonna take a "break" with the gf and let my roommate keep an eye on things .

Apparently I left the door open while he was having a "smoke" and a therzy got in and killed almost everything including him so he just turned off the game saving one raptor and one baryonx (rip spino Raptors stego trikes ankles pteras and sarco) 

Luckily my bounceback has been serious cause I got gifted a boss level rex and that turned everything around 

And my tribe mates gave up so I dont lose dinos anymore lol 

Had just started playing and tamed a 120 scorpion by fluke. My tribemate and I built up our wooden house and I ran off to get some metal while my tribey cooked some meat next thing I saw was the red message that pinchy had died, turns out my tribemate moved pinchy closer to the fire to take meat from his inventory and his leg was in the fire.

Emotionally the loss of my first bred high lvl argy named Wotan was the worst to me.

I was in the snow biome collecting a drop. I landed between a pack of wolves. Suddenly a purlovia came out of the ground and dismounted me. Unexperienced as I was my argy was on passive instead of neutral. I got mauled by the wolf pack and respawned on my raft a few hundred meters away. My argy was on a cliff and there was no way I could get to it in time. But I tried. As I approached with my raft the greatly feared "Your XXXXX has been killed by XXXXX" message appeared on the screen. 

I was very sad and mad, and I cursed Wildcard for not implementing a flee mechanic (at that time there wasn't). 

My sister was closing down the rented server.  So I offered our family and freinds to move their dinos to my single player game.  I just picked up a full load of 40 dinos.   and had them downloaded and getting ready to head to base. When the Game Crashed.    When I got back on  I was back at my base  where I started the day. And All the dinos where gone.  not on the cloud  and well not saved to the game.  Sad she had an amazing amount of nice birds 

Guest DJRone89

Toofus, my first Sabertooth was killed by the hand of my tribe member back when we first explored the central cave on The Island.

We were about a 3rd way in and stupidly decided to dismount our tames and fight the cave dwellers with our swords. His Raptor and my Saber were killed almost instantly.

We ventured further into the cave but died by snakes. We flew back to retrieve our gear and my buddy brought a Scorpion in with him but it couldn’t get back out, so he put it on aggressive and it died a few days later. Poor fella.

This was way back in early 2016 on the now legacy server cluster, when we were complete noobs. Fortunately, the wild tame cap was only level 60 then so it wasn’t a massive loss, but seemed that way at the time.

My most tragic story begins on a private server. At the time one of the problems with private servers (and maybe still, IDK) was that upon resetting the server on occasion the game style would change (we were supposed to be PVE but often it would be PVPVE after a reset). Anyway, I decided I wanted to have a tribe, I am a solo player but I wanted the tribe log to track dino deaths and such. So I made my tribe and everything was good. However, somehow I got hit by the dreaded tribe glitch and I was locked out of my tribe. No big deal since it was unofficial and I could just go reclaim them after the timers ran out (this was back when you could claim abandoned dinos). So I tried the command that SHOULD have given me the tribe back but it failed, I tried it numerous times and it failed each time (I had admin powers). So I patiently wait the week for them to come up for claim, and once they start going up for claim I start reclaiming them and all was well. UNTIL. I get about halfway done claiming dinos (I had about 4-500 dinos at the time counting each small dino, and we had the "small dragons" mod installed) so I am claiming and claiming and so on, WELL. I claimed a dragon and I went to move her so that I could get to other dinos under her, she was stuck, I started to run on her and BAM things went south when by running on a parasaur I accidentally "attacked" the "other" tribe. Apparently, it was in PVPVE mode and I didn't know it. The game obviously saw the ones I had just claimed as my tribe and the ones in my playerless tribe as another tribe and an all-out war started right there in the middle of my base between all my animals, it was HORRIFIC. I cried so much, each new bag brought forth new tears because so many of my special dinos had been killed. THANKFULLY we were able to do a rollback and I got all my dinos back.

First raptor squad, a pain to tame them even if they where lowish level,the max was a lv 50 natural,but I was just at lv 18/20 so they where fine, and a high level parasaur used for goods

4 amazing beasts

Then I discovered not one,but 2 alpha raptors

When they bounced on us

I saved myself and the lv50 raptor out of mere luck

But I lost her too soon after

That was a SAD day

Finally remebered a good one, deffinatly more tragic. Back when I was on official with my tribe, we spent ages trying to knock out one and tame a quetz, back in the days before griffins and tapejaras, using two folk and an argy. Finally managed to knock one out, with it landing right next to spino river, missing the water by inches. So we guarded an tamed it. It was wonderful, pride and joy of the tribe, so good for moving alot of weight about.

About a week later I logged on to find its normal resting spot empty. So I checked the tribe log to find it had been killed. Was gutted. Apparantly it just died (probably starved out) when the tribe mates were flying over the volcano back when it was just full of metal. Didnt tame another one for ages and I ended up just buying one off another tribe to use as a quetz catcher, because we couldnt face the hassle of downing another one.

Archived