Why Do PvP'ers and PvE'ers Clash??

TINYMAN

Hello ARK Community TINYMAN Here,

I understand perfectly why PvP'ers and PvE'ers COULD clash, but why do we? I'm sure there's a simple answer but how about we elaborate on it? For example, in a random forum a PvE'er could be talking about pillar spam or dino cap as an issue, and then a PvP'er adds, "Well then just move to PvP??". Why does this happen? I play PvP but I've never really done it.

Share your experiences, info, and other things.

Have a good day/night!,

TINYMAN 

They clash because the base game was built for PvP but they slapped PvE mode together and in order for it to work they needed to pose additional limits on things like the dino cap for example. 

Then the PvE crowd gets angry when PvP finds the new meta and WC decide to slam it with the nerf bat, so even though it was only an "issue" in PvP both modes get affected.

Same as the PvP crowd gets bothered by the fact that every second hour a new thread complaining about pillar spam or dino cap is started and those are only issues in PvE, Hence the large amount of replies saying play PvP.

At the end of the day the two sides clashing is pointless as people will play what they wish but when building a game you can't decide halfway in to make a PvE mode without putting serious effort into it.

Guest DJRone89

Doesn’t matter if PvE was an afterthought when the game first hit development. People should be able to express their concerns for a product they paid for. PvP players complaining about PvE players and vice versa is beyond petty. Each game mode has their differences/issues but the core game is the same.

honestly, if your skill level is beyond stone tier, you should be advanced enough to render the "e" in "pve" neutral. mother nature isn't really that difficult to handle. you either fly to avoid the contact or just outrun it. even if you get cornered, prim flak can still handle several rex bites. even in the worst case scenario, when you do die, you just take a dino and retrieve your bag. you can't really lose. maybe unless you are taming dinos for their colors, not their stats xD 

on the other hand, playing against other people who (some would disagree) are smarter than the ai, is much more exciting. the actions aren't programmed so you never know what anyone does, for better and for worse. 

They clash for the same reason people clash in the real world. Selfishness. We only care about that which effects our immediate surroundings. If a nerf happens to something you dont play, you typically wont care about it. If something is changed for the worse (in your mind) in your world as a result of a group you arent associated with, you resent them for it.

As for the whole "I am better than you because I play PvE/PvP" routine, thats just immaturity and narcissism at work.

Guest DJRone89
33 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I guess not all from the opposing games modes are in conflict, just a small group of people. I think it just comes down to the supperiority complex some people have for their game mode. For me its when PvPers completly belittle PvE gamemode as a whole, its riles me up the wrong direction. 

You should see r/playark. Official PvPers absolutely hate anyone who doesn’t play that game mode and will go to great extremes to show the internet how pathetic they are.

Imagine being so insecure that you attack someone for playing differently.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

I guess not all from the opposing games modes are in conflict, just a small group of people. I think it just comes down to the supperiority complex some people have for their game mode. For me its when PvPers completly belittle PvE gamemode as a whole, its riles me up the wrong direction. 

I feel its just a small group also, just a vocal minority. Most players could seem to care less.

29 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You should see r/playark. Official PvPers absolutely hate anyone who doesn’t play that game mode and will go to great extremes to show the internet how pathetic they are.

Never been on there. I dont use reddit mainly because I cant stand the user interface. I can imagine the toxicity of the official pvpers there though haha I get the impression its standard on reddit.

25 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

I feel its just a small group also, just a vocal minority. Most players could seem to care less.

Isnt it always the case that the vocal minority ruin it for the rest lol. Yeah I think your right, most couldn't care

I tried pvp got tired of being casually wiped by the larger tribes and when tried to join one they just killed me and my Raptors,  I'm not about the tribal aspect I'm just here for the dinos lol 

But the pillar spam on pve is maddening couldn't even get a aberration going so I'm still on the island , pve is nice cause of the trading aspect and you can roll up on your neighbors and flex with a pack of allos or something,  if homie down the way is in trouble I give him a hand and vice versa , and the "alphas" give me a hand when breeding ..The toxicity is at a minimum I have no complaints about pve mode it's a good time once you find your place 

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

You're pretty right btw... I play official small tribes right now and we were just starting out gathering metal at blu obby on Rag. and little raptors on wyverns came over and tried to harass us. It was funny though because I was driving while taunting him and he could hit me that much xD. Only broke one box on the boat. GRIEFERS though, they get annoying, but it's also occasionally fun to grief a griefer. By the way, for anyone out there starting out on small tribes or official server, just hide... hide until you can get sufficient mats or enough to raid bigger people. Either that or do what I do sometimes... tame a ptera and harass lol.

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

You're pretty right btw... I play official small tribes right now and we were just starting out gathering metal at blu obby on Rag. and little raptors on wyverns came over and tried to harass us. It was funny though because I was driving while taunting him and he could hit me that much xD. Only broke one box on the boat. GRIEFERS though, they get annoying, but it's also occasionally fun to grief a griefer. By the way, for anyone out there starting out on small tribes or official server, just hide... hide until you can get sufficient mats or enough to raid bigger people. Either that or do what I do sometimes... tame a ptera and harass lol.

I like PvP in this game, I just choose not to play it anymore.

6 hours ago, jpcab said:

Two completely different game mode. ..

Pve has almost nothing in common with pvp and the foruns should be separated.

That is a simple thing to do

Errr PvE still exists in PvP buddy, and vice versa because tribe wars turns on PvP in PvE for a mutually agreed upon time.

8 hours ago, Ninjasharrk said:

I tried pvp got tired of being casually wiped by the larger tribes and when tried to join one they just killed me and my Raptors,  I'm not about the tribal aspect I'm just here for the dinos lol 

But the pillar spam on pve is maddening couldn't even get a aberration going so I'm still on the island , pve is nice cause of the trading aspect and you can roll up on your neighbors and flex with a pack of allos or something,  if homie down the way is in trouble I give him a hand and vice versa , and the "alphas" give me a hand when breeding ..The toxicity is at a minimum I have no complaints about pve mode it's a good time once you find your place 

This is why I prefer PvE, the trading aspect and overall community is a lot more fun and for the most part, not toxic. Out of all my time playing, I've had like two bad run ins total. First one was a Chinese tribe that was killing all of the easter griffins that people were trying to tame, including one guy solely targetting me because I wouldn't just hand my easter griffin over to him lol. 2nd incident was with a tribe that was arrogant enough to think they owned the entire Obe and therefore had the rights to leave their dinos scattered all over, taking up space other players could use. Other than that, PvE is most likely 150% less toxic than PvP, from what I've noticed lol.

Plus same... I'm mainly here to collect pretty dinos :P

Yeah I actually love my server , theres zero toxicity other than some beef last week over a wyverns trading price (kid wanted 10k for it and my homie said that was too high) but I think that person went to another server or back to pvp , and awhile back some kid got griefed cause he was caught stealing eggs but that's been it and I been on for a few months. One of the largest groups gave me a wyvern cause she figured I needed one , and my homies gave me a giga cause all the bigger tribes need one apparently (I was happy with my rexes...haven't used them much since I got my allos though) and when someone breeds or tames something cool they invite people over to show off

Archived