efficiency Most efficient method for obtaining flint

DarkFrost

a few grinders full of stone, easy to quickly farm stone with doedic/argy or 2x doedic w/ crab. Pump weight on doedic so they can carry more (only passive hit rocks until they reach 50% weight)

tons of flint and tons of XP the more grinders you have. 

If you have someone in tribe to sit on your dinos, can also get them easy XP too.

ENJOY

I prefer a high level Anklo,  red beacon area on scorched look for the cave and win :)

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ankylosaurus

Metal.png Metal ★★★★★
Crystal.png Crystal ★★★★★
Flint.png Flint ★★★★★
Rare Mushroom.png Rare Mushroom ★★★★★
Rare Flower.png Rare Flower ★★★★★
Cactus Sap (Scorched Earth).png Cactus Sap Scorched Earth Icon.png ★★★★☆
Oil.png Oil ★★★★☆
Sulfur (Scorched Earth).png Sulfur Scorched Earth Icon.png ★★★★☆
Berries.png Berries ★★★★☆
Obsidian.png Obsidian ★★★★☆

Unless tribemates are on, i just use a good quality pick and a high weight bear/ravager/megatherium. I can't figure out if its faster than quetz/karkinos and anky.

But i know i dont like grinding stone. You cant just leave it by it self because you can only queu (qeue? Excuse my english) 1000 flint at the time.

Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, mitchellkrever said:

Ive tested it and if you want flint the fastest.

1.) Partnered with quetz/ ankylo combo and bags. 1 1/2 hours will fill 10 bags

2.) If solo, Mantis around 400% melee and 300% pick, the rest weight. Quetz with bags following. 2 1/2 hours will fill 10 bags.

1) Nice “legitimate” method you’ve got there. Definitely not an exploit.

Normally people just throw flint away when they harvest metal, but i only drop stone and keep the flint, once you harvest 10-20 industrial forges with metal, its not a hell of a lot, but when you have a 7500 weight quetz with 1050 melee ank, weight is no problem. you can fill a few vaults with flint. I'm sure you could do the same with the crab

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

1) Nice “legitimate” method you’ve got there. Definitely not an exploit.

Never said is was legitimate. But I agree with your tone, it should be removed. It adds WAY to much power to resource acquisition. However this is PvP and although u dont need to mesh to survive, if ur a small tribe u r gonna need a way to grind as fast as megas. Having bags means u can make 140,000 bullets in 12 hours instead of 2 weeks and u wont get "resource starved"

However, the point I'm making is anky is fastest for flint when u have 2 people and a carrier. Mantis is better for solo becuase although it gets about 30% less flint yeild per node, it moves faster and swings 3x faster. 2 people on 2 mantis would probably be faster than anky/quetz. 

And as for using stone to grind into flint it is not effecient becuase 2 stone becomes 1 flint. 25k stone would become 15k spark if u grinded stone into flint. Or if u take 20 minutes to gather 50k flint u would have 75k spark. So u r cutting ur spark into 1/5 to save 20 minutes.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:36 PM, Demerus said:

a few grinders full of stone, easy to quickly farm stone with doedic/argy or 2x doedic w/ crab. Pump weight on doedic so they can carry more (only passive hit rocks until they reach 50% weight)

tons of flint and tons of XP the more grinders you have. 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:50 AM, LarryLafer said:

If you have a lot of stone near your chem bench use a mantis with decent weight and bypass the step of loading up the grinder with stone and making flint. Make sure you have a decent damage pick and go to town. I do this on scorch and can fill up a vault with flint pretty quick.

You guys make flint from stone?

Archived