Brand New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Slivka said:

We look forward to sharing more ?? ??? ?????? ????? as we work towards our Extinction release!

You mean November 9, right?

Actually Nov 6th.

Also when this was posted on 18th Sep there was more than 1 month, therefore months ahead.

Also, the previous Extinction reveal was used as a template, so don't read too much into the specific wording.

Edited by GP

It's interesting that there seems to be multiple blue obelisks on this map. No clue why. Been trying to speculate what the colours mean since Ark came out.

Also hopefully we get a good selection of biomes. Both the snow and the underground forest area look interesting, and are a nice contrast to the corrupted badlands and the abandoned city. Maybe the obelisks have something to do with keeping life going in those areas?

I still maintain at the current moment there are two blue obelisks, the broken one in this teaser pic, and the original cinematic

Do I make anything of this? I think it's reasonable to assume there may  be more than 3 obelisks with the rumors flying around that this will be the biggest map for ARK yet,  but I also think it's equally reasonable to think that they havent yet retextured some of the obelisks, I cite some modded maps since it isn't uncommon to see maps with 3 green obelisks, or 3 reds. I think even ragnarok for a while before it was officially released had 3 greens.

My last and most unlikely and outlandish theory I got is the possibility of a dynamic evolving map. What if the obelisks can be damaged/destroyed in this iteration? What if summoning the frost titan causes the obelisk terminal platform to get damaged, or fall into a chasm and take the obelisk with it, etc. We havent seen Ark do this yet and the possibility is way out there, but nevertheless, it would still be a real albiet remote possibility.

Edited by JasonTheCTM

Did u know that tree thingy in the pic is called the forest titan. Don’t believe me search it up.

yes i know that they are made up by random people, but it would be cool if it was officially called the forest titan. 

Also quick question if titans are available through pvp servers then how many would there spawn at once? I heard that u need the titans to beat the game, so if they have an extremely low spawn rate thats going to be a problem if people want to beat the game on cluster and official servers.

Edited by Marcus75

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Marcus75 said:

Did u know that tree thingy in the pic is called the forest titan. Don’t believe me search it up.

We know it's likely a Titan, but the name Forest Titan isn't confirmed, that's just the name people have called it and the Wiki have called it that.

11 minutes ago, Marcus75 said:

The "official" wiki, once again, is NOT official...

It is not ran by the devs, anything you see there is put up by random people, and may or may not be true.

afaik, the wiki is the only place that's labeled it as this, but if you're referring to something the devs said that I don't know about, please link it.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Curious to know more about the wyverns flying around in the first photo.

Im fairly sure they are not wyverns, you can see a corrupt dilo in the picture so the size of that thing is about the size of a rock elemental. Its a different elemental, we have a rock one already, im wondering if this one will turn into a tree like the rock one turns into a rock, plus look at the shape, its a retextured rock elemental.

• Volunteer Moderator
46 minutes ago, Minimic2002 said:

Im fairly sure they are not wyverns, you can see a corrupt dilo in the picture so the size of that thing is about the size of a rock elemental. Its a different elemental, we have a rock one already, im wondering if this one will turn into a tree like the rock one turns into a rock, plus look at the shape, its a retextured rock elemental.

Why is everyone calling that a corrupted dilo? It is not a dilo. Every corrupted creature they have shown so far, corrupted Rex, corrupted Raptor, they do not have a model change, they just have different coloured skin, i.e. the purple element, similar to how Aberration dinos are done, they are the exact same model but with colours. That creature has a very different model to dilos.

And I can assure you, based on the depth of the picture, that if you put a rock elemental up where that possible Titan is, that the rock element would be nowhere near the same size, as it is considerably far away.

52 minutes ago, Minimic2002 said:

Am not talking about the golem/titan things. Am talking about the flying beasts which look remarkably like wyverns, the closest one looking alot like a fire wyvern.

20181002_110253.thumb.jpg.5c26f895a2bb4d189da2e6ee7072ae7b.jpg

22 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

The "official" wiki, once again, is NOT official...

It is not ran by the devs, anything you see there is put up by random people, and may or may not be true.

afaik, the wiki is the only place that's labeled it as this, but if you're referring to something the devs said that I don't know about, please link it.

Yah I know, but it would be awesome if the officaily called t the Forest titan. Plus why would a titan (If it was a titan) be wandering so far away from its dome?

On 10/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Am not talking about the golem/titan things. Am talking about the flying beasts which look remarkably like wyverns, the closest one looking alot like a fire wyvern.

20181002_110253.thumb.jpg.5c26f895a2bb4d189da2e6ee7072ae7b.jpg

Thats No fire Wyvern. Look At The Size Of It, Look At The Size Of The Rocks Literally right below it. The wings are different too. I mean just look for yourself

Image result for ark fire wyvern I don't see the taters or the tiny spikes. The Head is also out of proportion to be a wyvern

Also The Size Of That Tree/Earth Elemental Is about the same as a rock elemental, compare it to its surroundings. So if that really is a fire wyvern it would look a bit more like this size wise

image.thumb.jpeg.eb8607edc641021f7f337092762aebf4.jpegThe Wyverns are about 1/3 to 1/4 of the rock elementals height, with the other elemental being about the same size as that theres no way its a wyvern, perhaps if they were baby. But I doubt they would use baby wyverns for anything of significance.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, GP said:

Why is everyone calling that a corrupted dilo? It is not a dilo. Every corrupted creature they have shown so far, corrupted Rex, corrupted Raptor, they do not have a model change, they just have different coloured skin, i.e. the purple element, similar to how Aberration dinos are done, they are the exact same model but with colours. That creature has a very different model to dilos.

And I can assure you, based on the depth of the picture, that if you put a rock elemental up where that possible Titan is, that the rock element would be nowhere near the same size, as it is considerably far away.

Clearly you are not a photographer, u cannot just take something out a picture and comapare size, you can manipulate camera angles and zoom to make something look taller or larger. The Elemental is at the top of the screen so from looking at the bottom it will seem to be more stretched out. if you doubt me, lay on the floor and look up at something, it will seem taller. besides, even not taking that into account, there are rocks of different sizes at the bottom, ark has used the same rocks all through the game, the size of the rocks is not that large, so we can use the rocks as a scale reference which can be used to evaluate the size of other things in the picture.  Also in the picture below, u can see a tree, a very normal looking tree, and the tree elemental thing is only about 50% larger than that. See for yourself, even crop stuff out and put it next the the elemental if your disatisfied with my explination. im not trying to fool anyone, its right there in that image, check the website and use that image, its all the same truth.

heres the dilos for u

image.thumb.jpeg.f08925eebddedcb0665c5ac452864b71.jpegRelated image

Take a good look at the bottom right. The nose and mouth are of the same shape and scale. its front arms are the same. They have just retextured, giving its surrounding neck flaps a corrupted look with spiky bits and a lot of gaps. Look at the general shape and not the specific details and u will see it is, a dilo. Hope You Found This Helpful

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Minimic2002 said:

Clearly you are not a photographer, u cannot just take something out a picture and comapare size, you can manipulate camera angles and zoom to make something look taller or larger. The Elemental is at the top of the screen so from looking at the bottom it will seem to be more stretched out. if you doubt me, lay on the floor and look up at something, it will seem taller. besides, even not taking that into account, there are rocks of different sizes at the bottom, ark has used the same rocks all through the game, the size of the rocks is not that large, so we can use the rocks as a scale reference which can be used to evaluate the size of other things in the picture.  Also in the picture below, u can see a tree, a very normal looking tree, and the tree elemental thing is only about 50% larger than that. See for yourself, even crop stuff out and put it next the the elemental if your disatisfied with my explination. im not trying to fool anyone, its right there in that image, check the website and use that image, its all the same truth.

heres the dilos for u

Take a good look at the bottom right. The nose and mouth are of the same shape and scale. its front arms are the same. They have just retextured, giving its surrounding neck flaps a corrupted look with spiky bits and a lot of gaps. Look at the general shape and not the specific details and u will see it is, a dilo. Hope You Found This Helpful

Seriously dude, look at the whole picture, and I don't mean the image I mean everything.

There are 4 Titans in the Extinction. We saw one in the trailer video. The tree creature in the image is NOT an elemental, it is the 2nd Titan they have revealed. There's been no mentions of elementals coming to Extinction, but there is talk of 4 Titans. I can guarantee you if you put an elemental in that same position in the picture it would be a fraction of the size of the Titan.

As for the freak of nature in the bottom right, it is NOT a corrupted dilo. They may have used the model of a dilo to create a new creature, but it is not a corrupted dilo. The images of the corrupted rex, raptor and pteranadon prove that the corrupted dinos use the same models as the vanilla dinos. This does not have the same model as a dilo.

All you are doing is looking at this picture and basing your opinion on what you see in the picture, but have failed to look at the wider picture, i.e. everything released on Extinction so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Minimic2002 said:

heres the dilos for u

Your comparison of everything would work if and only if the tree monster thing was standing right at the edge.
We can't see its feet, we have no idea how far away it is, which makes it impossible to accurately judge its size from this picture alone.

Also, (on the bottom right creature) it is rather similar to a dilo in its structure, but there's one pretty significant difference I see between them: The new thing appears to be pretty fat inbetween its arms and legs, but then the flesh just kinda stops after there, giving it a much skinnier neck and tail. On the dilo, there's more fat at and between the arms and legs, but its a much more gradual reduction of flesh instead of the abrupt stop on the new creature.
So maybe, it might be related to a dilo, and maybe in the code itself it's based off the dilo, but I couldn't say for certain that it is related to the dilo by lore, and it's certainly not a corrupted dilo.

5 hours ago, Minimic2002 said:

Thats No fire Wyvern. Look At The Size Of It, Look At The Size Of The Rocks Literally right below it. The wings are different too. I mean just look for yourself

Image result for ark fire wyvern I don't see the taters or the tiny spikes. The Head is also out of proportion to be a wyvern

Also The Size Of That Tree/Earth Elemental Is about the same as a rock elemental, compare it to its surroundings. So if that really is a fire wyvern it would look a bit more like this size wise

image.thumb.jpeg.eb8607edc641021f7f337092762aebf4.jpegThe Wyverns are about 1/3 to 1/4 of the rock elementals height, with the other elemental being about the same size as that theres no way its a wyvern, perhaps if they were baby. But I doubt they would use baby wyverns for anything of significance.

Now you're assuming that the rocks below the wyvern are literally right below it.
It could be much much higher and further back than it appears, this makes it just about impossible to accurately judge its size from a picture.

The wings on the wyvern in the picture are also identical to fire wyverns, what are you thinking is the difference?
I can make out some of the tiny spikes (barely) but at the quality of this picture, it should be expected to be difficult/impossible to make out the tiny graphical bits.

• Like 1