Brand New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

1 minute ago, destructicon54 said:

I hope that there's water, at least a lake. there's snow and forest areas so i'm guessing that there will at least be a lake, but this is just pure speculation

Well there's gotta be water, I'm just not so sure that there'll be enough water in one place to hold a water Titan.

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

Well there's gotta be water, I'm just not so sure that there'll be enough water in one place to hold a water Titan.

well i hope so, because Extinction is going to be the biggest map yet. They are probably going to try to satisfy everyone with extinction. So i'm guessing there'll be a lake, and most of the other biomes from the other maps, plus a few more.

38 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

well i hope so, because Extinction is going to be the biggest map yet. They are probably going to try to satisfy everyone with extinction. So i'm guessing there'll be a lake, and most of the other biomes from the other maps, plus a few more.

Yea that kinda makes sense.

We might just be placed down at one of last spots on Earth with a significant amount water.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

Yea that kinda makes sense.

We might just be placed down at one of last spots on Earth with a significant amount water.

Well considering currently on Earth there is massive amounts of water, and I believe during the dinosaurs age there was even more water i'd be surprised if the earth map didn't have a decent sized water area capable of holding a water Titan.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

Well considering currently on Earth there is massive amounts of water, and I believe during the dinosaurs age there was even more water i'd be surprised if the earth map didn't have a decent sized water area capable of holding a water Titan.

Well the holographic earth looked like there wasn't a whole lot of water on it.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

That's an assumption that the holographic earth is a mini representation of what the map will look like, which is not necessarily the case.

Well it's a representation of what the Earth in general should look like, but as I said it could be that the specific part of the planet we land on has lots of water.

It appears that all the obelisks are blue. what happened to the green and red? and if purple is corrupted, blue is normal tek that we all use, what does red and green mean? 

1 hour ago, GP said:

That's an assumption that the holographic earth is a mini representation of what the map will look like, which is not necessarily the case.

In the ascension chamber when you fight the overseer, you can see the world out the window, so we know that that is what Earth looks at right now. it's completely barren. Maybe whats left of the homo deus (since they are "endangered") had established a city are had terraformed that piece of land to their needs. Maybe there was a deactivated ARK nearby that would explain the dinos

29 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

It appears that all the obelisks are blue. what happened to the green and red? and if purple is corrupted, blue is normal tek that we all use, what does red and green mean? 

I don't think red and green mean anything in particular.

I think the obelisks are just colored like that for the Arks. Perhaps to differentiate them since they're relative close to each other.

Blue is the natural glow of usable element, I'm guessing that red and green aren't really anything, they're just colors.

If anyone can help me it would be much greatly helpful, after the most recent update my pc game no longer functions correctly. I cannot join a server of any kind and I cant host my dedicated server anymore. It goes to a blue screen and then back to desktop home after trying to load SHOOTERENTRY. my xbox one works perfectly fine. ny ideas please let me know

and if no-mans land is behind a shield how are we going to get it, the shield is huge, i doubt it is destroyable. Maybe there is a certain device that lets you in, but then that would just make player-made shields useless. or there could be an open gateway into it, or since in the story you have to ascend to get here, we have become close enough to the homo deus that it lets us in and keeps dinos in/out.

Wait a minute, are all the Obelisks blue on this map, because I could have sworn the one from the video trailer in the shielded area was blue too

Actually I take that back, in the acension cinematic for Aberration we do arrive at a green/yellow obelisk.

Wait, possibility of more than 3 obelisks? Just maybe... not all of them functioning?

Edited by JasonTheCTM

maybe there was something wrong with the obelisk, or maybe your right. also in the cutscene the teleporter has 4 rings, the blue, green, and red of the normal obelisks, and then there's a yellow ring, which might have some kind of connection (not literal) to the white/yellow obelisk that you arrive at

1 hour ago, destructicon54 said:

I see what appears to be a second obelisk right behind the wyvern/wyrm, so Extinction is going to have tons of obelisks, an underwater obelisk would be neat. and if you look at the glowing obelisk you will see an orange-ish glow behind it. what do you guys think it is?

I think that metal thing behind the wyvurm is just a piece of metal, not another obelisk.
And that glow behind the obelisk is probably the glow from the crystals. We've seen that glow before on Aberration.

59 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

and if no-mans land is behind a shield how are we going to get it, the shield is huge, i doubt it is destroyable. Maybe there is a certain device that lets you in, but then that would just make player-made shields useless. or there could be an open gateway into it, or since in the story you have to ascend to get here, we have become close enough to the homo deus that it lets us in and keeps dinos in/out.

I'm going to guess it's a a pathway underground or even just under some rocks where the shield isn't protecting.

58 minutes ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Wait a minute, are all the Obelisks blue on this map, because I could have sworn the one from the video trailer in the shielded area was blue too

Actually I take that back, in the acension cinematic for Aberration we do arrive at a green/yellow obelisk.

Wait, possibility of more than 3 obelisks? Just maybe... not all of them functioning?

I'm not sure we can make heads or tails of the color of the obelisk in the cutscene. The light from the sun is shining off and making the lights of the obelisk look pretty white and yellow to me. I've seen the obelisks' colors appear to change when in certain lights.

39 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

with player made shields the shield goes through the Earth and prevents any entrance. It might be different but i don't think so. It is possible that there is some kind of doorway or gateway that lets you in. I would bet on that one being the case. 

Yes they do, but I think that's just because ark does that and they didn't want to go through the trouble of making it stop upon hitting ground :P

It's either an undergroun/under rock passage or a gate I'd bet.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I think that metal thing behind the wyvurm is just a piece of metal, not another obelisk.
And that glow behind the obelisk is probably the glow from the crystals. We've seen that glow before on Aberration.

I'm going to guess it's a a pathway underground or even just under some rocks where the shield isn't protecting.

I'm not sure we can make heads or tails of the color of the obelisk in the cutscene. The light from the sun is shining off and making the lights of the obelisk look pretty white and yellow to me. I've seen the obelisks' colors appear to change when in certain lights.

It's difficult to tell, it could be the side of an obelisk. Although it does seem like the map may have more than 3 obelisks, including broken ones, but it would seem strange to have 2 so close to each other. But it could be that the broken one fell from higher above on the surface, or maybe the second one was built after the first one had fallen. But as you say it could also just be a metal structure.

OH!
Now I see it.
It's not the metal thing directly behind the wyvurm, it's the metal thing directly to the right of the thing behind the wyvurm.
That thing definitely looks like a broken obelisk, you can make out where the glowing quadrilateral would be, except only the bottom half of it is there. You can also see 2 of the 4 things that go down, although the left is bent and/or broken and mostly out of sight.
It looks like it got crushed on both sides and then the top.

The piece directly behind the wyvurm just looks like metal to me though.

The really interesting here is, that because of the way the obelisk was crushed, if the ground wasn't there, it'd fall. This would mean that the ground was there ever since the obelisk was crushed, and therefore that the ground there is most likely what crushed it. I also see no way for the active obelisk to have simply fallen into the position it's in Except for the ground above it literally moving and pushing it like that, since the top is buried in the ceiling...
Needless to say natural movement of ground is not quick enough to cause things to break in that manner.
It's as if someone/something wanted to destroy the obelisks, and was strong enough to make the earth do it for him.

Edited by TinyHippo

1 minute ago, destructicon54 said:

your right the top is in the ceiling

The top being in the ceiling could be indicative of long-term natural change of the ground, but then the obelisk is turned in a way that could mean 2 things:
1. It was grabbed and pushed into that position, forcing the top of the obelisk into the ceiling.
2. The ceiling grew over it naturally, but then had a massive surge of movement, causing the obelisk to be at an angle to the ground.