Brand New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

28 minutes ago, GP said:

Where has it been mentioned that there are two types of element infected creatures where one is corrupted the other is not?

well corrupted is purple. wyrms have glowing blue on their bellys, so do gasbags, if they were corrupted they would be untamable, therfore, there are two types of element infected creatures

41 minutes ago, GP said:

Where has it been mentioned that there are two types of element infected creatures where one is corrupted the other is not?

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/
This is where I got the behavior from Corrupted creatures.
Everything that we've seen to be confirmed as "Corrupted" has been purple so far.
The purple element is also the stuff that murders you.
Blue element is what safely recharges your tek gear instead of dissolving it in 2 seconds.

In Rockwell's mind, the purple element was "better" and more "pure" than the blue element(what we use, all glowing parts of tek are blue unless dyed)
Considering that Rockwell wanted to use the element to "ascend" creatures, and the purple element suited his goals better, I'd say it's safe that the purple glows imply a more dangerous form.

Keep in mind that lots of creatures shown so far naturally have a blue glow, and corrupted creatures are supposed to be a variant of other creatures.

The Titan shown in the trailer has blue glows ONLY where the corruption hasn't spread to yet.

While it's not explicitly stated, it's very highly probable that the difference in colors is important.

Edited by TinyHippo

10 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

those arn't wyverns! they're wyrms! i doubt extinction would have wyverns AND wyrms. wyrms must have multiple types, that would explain why they look different from the torn dossier

I'd say that if you went to singleplayer and spawned in a fire wyvern and let if fly in the sky and looked up at it, it'd look identical to the one seen in the picture.
Also, the area it's in is reminiscent of aberration.
I'm pretty hopeful we will actually be getting stuff from the other dlcs in extinction.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/
This is where I got the behavior from Corrupted creatures.
Everything that we've seen to be confirmed as "Corrupted" has been purple so far.
The purple element is also the stuff that murders you.
Blue element is what safely recharges your tek gear instead of dissolving it in 2 seconds.

In Rockwell's mind, the purple element was "better" and more "pure" than the blue element(what we use, all glowing parts of tek are blue unless dyed)
Considering that Rockwell wanted to use the element to "ascend" creatures, and the purple element suited his goals better, I'd say it's safe that the purple glows imply a more dangerous form.

Keep in mind that lots of creatures shown so far naturally have a blue glow, and corrupted creatures are supposed to be a variant of other creatures.

The Titan shown in the trailer has blue glows ONLY where the corruption hasn't spread to yet.

While it's not explicitly stated, it's very highly probable that the difference in colors is important.

Sounds very plausible. ?

49 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I'd say that if you went to singleplayer and spawned in a fire wyvern and let if fly in the sky and looked up at it, it'd look identical to the one seen in the picture.
Also, the area it's in is reminiscent of aberration.
I'm pretty hopeful we will actually be getting stuff from the other dlcs in extinction.

except wyverns don't glow. if you look at the torn dossier, the glow on the belly of the creature in the pic matches the glow on the belly of the wyrm in the torn dossier

Edited by destructicon54

3 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

except wyverns don't glow. if you look at the ton dossier, the glow on the belly of the creature in the pic matches the glow on the belly of the wyrm in the torn dossier

I'm not seeing the glow.
There are a few spots on it that kinda resemble glowing, but those are so tiny they could just be artifacts of the screenshot.

i wonder what that capsule in the second photo is. maybe that is the kind of loot drop that happens on extinction. the loot drops in the other ARKs came from the mothership above each ARK. but we don't even know if extinction IS an ARK. or maybe we just got a glimpse of "the weapon long lost since". or maybe its just a random ruin

5 hours ago, shoetrax said:

so we saw one titan in the snow, one in the forest, and I am sure that the next one will be a water titan, I pray to be one ! My hope dies last! (the next image is from reddit 

In the place before the Overseer fight, we see holographic versions of Earth.
Now, it's been a while since I've looked at those, and perhaps I suck at reading planets, but it seemed to me that most of the water was gone.
This wouldn't exactly bode well for massive water creatures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

In the place before the Overseer fight, we see holographic versions of Earth.
Now, it's been a while since I've looked at those, and perhaps I suck at reading planets, but it seemed to me that most of the water was gone.
This wouldn't exactly bode well for massive water creatures.

I hope that there's water, at least a lake. there's snow and forest areas so i'm guessing that there will at least be a lake, but this is just pure speculation