Brand New Extinction Teasers!

Jen

as far as i can see my brother pointed out the tree elemental... i am calling it the tree titan i saw the werid dododino at the bottum and its head is blocking what appears to be some sort of insect/beetle... and then the wyverns and the bottum pic is basicly 3 gasbags one hoping in the air probely running/flying away or whatever from something i am rlly excited for this anyone else have the idea that the tek dinos will probely be in this dlc?.... xD

2 minutes ago, teknology said:

Earth Titan? Could be Possible  maybe it is a another mini boss just like the frost Titan mmmmm

It's certainly big enough to be one.
I think I also see the glowing blue eyes that the first Titan has.
It's also near an obelisk like the other one was.

Edited by TinyHippo

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

Corrupted plants?
Where?

Given what the new notes said about how the "System" is producing more and more weird creatures, I think this is something entirely new as opposed to a corrupted version of anything.

Also, corrupted things have all had purple glows so far, not blue.

the corrupted plants are mentioned in the subtitles below the picture

First Wyrms, now Wyverns, next thing you know Drakes will be coming in for Extinction.  Just imagine a giant Scar housing all these dragons, now imagine trying to get an egg, that would be a nightmare. 

Also, cool another Titan, probably. 

Also, also, weird Dilo/Plant/Corrupted maybe thing. 

And Corrupted Raptors, cool. 

Lastly, Gasbags are still weirdly adorable, if they magically turn out to be larval forms of Lymantria, then I will think this game is amazing. 

Edited by Sharkman4444444

18 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

i don't think thats a wyvern, its a wyrm. the wyrms are the extinction versions of wyverns, just like rock drakes were aberrations version of wyverns

Nah, look at the tail of the red one.
It's definitely a fire wyvern, recall that the wyrm has feathers on its tail.

28 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

the new tek notes or the hologram notes or whatever you want to call them mentioned a weapon the "She who waits" has for the survivors, maybe that capsule in the picture with the gasbags is that weapon

When I first read that bit "I think you'll like it" my hype guage started getting pretty high.
Can't wait to find out exactly what it is.

Just now, TinyHippo said:

Nah, look at the tail of the red one.
It's definitely a fire wyvern, recall that the wyrm has feathers on its tail.

When I first read that bit "I think you'll like it" my hype guage started getting pretty high.
Can't wait to find out exactly what it is.

your right i forgot that bit about the wyrm having fur. i wonder if it is an actual corruption killing weapon or if its a tool that could kill the titans since i've heared that the titans can't be killed with brute force

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Gixal13 said:

did you see the element corrupt wyvs?

There are 2 Wyverns but they don't look at all corrupted, if you compare the Wyverns to the corrupted raptor(?) in the second picture you'll see they are nothing like it, they are normal Wyverns.

I also believe in the first picture, in the very top left corner there is a big tail?

Also in the first picture, right in the back is either just a big rock, or possibly a Mammoth.

Extinction-teaser.png

I'd just like to give a quick PSA since I see a lot of people calling things corrupted.

Corrupted dinos, in Ark, refers to things that have been changed by the Element in a way which leaves them aggressive and glowing purple. It also means they're connected to a hivemind, and will therefore not attack eachother.

Other dinos that have been affected by Element exist, but they aren't necessarily aggressive or part of a hivemind. These creatures like to have blue glowing spots on them.

By definition of the word, both versions are technically "corrupted" by element, but in Ark, "corrupted" refers specifically to those which are hyper-aggressive part of a hivemind, and glow purple as a result of it.

Please don't use the term corrupted to refer to both types, it'll be confusing and make it hard to understand exactly what you mean.

3 hours ago, GP said:

There are 2 Wyverns but they don't look at all corrupted, if you compare the Wyverns to the corrupted raptor(?) in the second picture you'll see they are nothing like it, they are normal Wyverns.

I also believe in the first picture, in the very top left corner there is a big tail?

Also in the first picture, right in the back is either just a big rock, or possibly a Mammoth.

Extinction-teaser.png

I think the "tail" on the left is actually just some tree thing or something. I think I remember seeing those things on Aberration, which this area bears a close resemblance to.
And that other thing in the back is too far to say for sure what it is. The shape fits a mammoth, but without textures on it, who knows. It could be some new 9 legged super dodo with a 10 foot beak and a mushroom growing on top of it that resembles a mammoth. I wouldn't even be all that surprised.

Edited by TinyHippo

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I'd just like to give a quick PSA since I see a lot of people calling things corrupted.

Corrupted dinos, in Ark, refers to things that have been changed by the Element in a way which leaves them aggressive and glowing purple. It also means they're connected to a hivemind, and will therefore not attack eachother.

Other dinos that have been affected by Element exist, but they aren't necessarily aggressive or part of a hivemind. These creatures like to have blue glowing spots on them.

By definition of the word, both versions are technically "corrupted" by element, but in Ark, "corrupted" refers specifically to those which are hyper-aggressive part of a hivemind, and glow purple as a result of it.

Please don't use the term corrupted to refer to both types, it'll be confusing and make it hard to understand exactly what you mean.

Where has it been mentioned that there are two types of element infected creatures where one is corrupted the other is not?