BlueRaporRay

Aberration on Ragnarok?

Dear devs of Ragnarok

I have been playing Ragnarok for a while now, and it is currently the best map available.

BUT, it NEEDS aberration Biomes on it. Maybe putting it under the castle in the cave could be cool, although you would have to make more entrances from the surface. 

I have tried making on concept for this, and it wouldn't be too hard to encorporate everything in (except the surface biome) in too the space in the cave, although it would be kinda cramped...

If a ragnarok dev sees this please take my idea into consideration

Kind Regards, BlueRaptorRay

Ragnarok is not going to be expanded anymore, definitely not with new biomes, as far as that is concerned it is complete. Also Aberration content won't be going on to Ragnarok, it not official part of the story ark.

2 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

I hope the next DLC will focus on SINGLE PLAYER MAP ! A huge map with ALL BIOMES FROM ALL DLCS, like Ragnarok but with Aberration and Extinction biomes into it, with ALL BOSSES too, all tailored to single player. 

Ragnarok was the creation of mod authors.

The best you can hope for is another mod map to be incorporated into the game.

WC wants to sale the current dlc maps, so they are unlikely to incorporate them into one map. Also it wouldn't be canon and fit the story.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Ragnarok was the creation of mod authors.

In the end it's adopted by Wildcard and released on OFFICIAL servers. It is also the most favorite map because it's big and has everything from SE.

The best you can hope for is another mod map to be incorporated into the game.

No, that's YOUR hope, don't force it on me, just don't. What I hope stays the same. Sorry.

WC wants to sale the current dlc maps, so they are unlikely to incorporate them into one map. Also it wouldn't be canon and fit the story.

That's why I said SINGLE PLAYER MAP and tailored to single player. I bet people that love playing solo and offline are still worthy to aim for sales. Also story is just story, you can change story with another story.

1 minute ago, DonaldDuck said:

In the end it's adopted by Wildcard and released on OFFICIAL servers. It is also the most favorite map because it's big and has everything from SE.

No, that's YOUR hope, don't force it on me, just don't. What I hope stays the same. Sorry.

That's why I said SINGLE PLAYER MAP and tailored to single player. I bet people that love playing solo and offline are still worthy to aim for sales. Also story is just story, you can change story with another story.

It would be a big waste of time to dedicate such resource to making a single player specific map. The game is primarily online not single player so I couldn't see anyone doing what you are asking for.

2 hours ago, GP said:

It would be a big waste of time to dedicate such resource to making a single player specific map. The game is primarily online not single player so I couldn't see anyone doing what you are asking for.

It is just a hope, not even a suggestion, it's thinking out loud. That remains what I hope for. Not a subject to debate.

I wouldn't say it's a waste because there are many examples of a Single Player game that sold well, especially if dedicated with such resource. I just checked The Witcher 3, a pure Single Player game even after 3 years, there are 14.5k people in-game at the moment I write this post. Anyway, it hasn't happened, so you don't know it for a fact, just speculating or predicting based on somebody's hope. 

The game is primarily online yes, but it has Single Player mode and the devs put an effort to adjust the SP setting to a setting they think is best to be played in SP, they even added split-screen mode for consoles to spice up the Single Player mode. There is a map that has Aberration resources called Anzah, but too bad it doesnt have underwater content. By single player only I didn't mean it with story/quest, it's still a sandbox Ark game with all biomes/resources/content/complete dinoes available in the assets, but no official servers for it so it won't conflict with existing official maps. What you're saying is kinda like the pvp people saying the game is made with pvp in mind bla bla bla to people playing pve.

Edited by DonaldDuck

7 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

It is just a hope, not even a suggestion, it's thinking out loud. That remains what I hope for. Not a subject to debate.

You could always get the devKit and make such a map. Add some single player quest type mechanics to it.

Edited by Aylana314159

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Continue hoping for whatever you want. I choose to be more realistic.

I am more realistic, in the end Ragnarok was adopted and put on official servers and become the most favorite map. I am just hoping they can adopt the same idea which is putting all into one map but for different play which is Single Player. It's much more realistic than expecting a random person  on forum to grab a devkit and make a new map LOL.

6 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

It's much more realistic than expecting a random person  on forum to grab a devkit and make a new map LOL.

This is exactly  how Ragnarok was created.

There are several mod maps that have all the content. Do you watch the sponcered mod program and the current mod contest? 

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is exactly  how Ragnarok was created.

Nah, they made Valhalla and Umassoura before that. 

5 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

There are several mod maps that have all the content. Do you watch the sponcered mod program and the current mod contest? 

No. I only know Anzah that has all but it doesn't have underwater content. 

59 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Donald, I'm going to try to put this as gently as I can.  When you post a statement on a forum like this, it is going to be the subject of debate.  That's rather the point of providing players a public forum and giving them the ability to post on it.  Well, that and giving the developers a tool to conveniently make official announcements to the playerbase.  So if you put it out there people are going to comment on it.

29 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Donald, I'm going to try to put this as gently as I can.  When you post a statement on a forum like this, it is going to be the subject of debate.  That's rather the point of providing players a public forum and giving them the ability to post on it.  Well, that and giving the developers a tool to conveniently make official announcements to the playerbase.  So if you put it out there people are going to comment on it.

Ok fair enough, every post is a subject of debate, noted. 

Sorry, but from what we know, the Abberation creatures aren't the way they are supposed to be. They are anomalies caused by the malfunctioning of the Ark. Cannonically it wouldn't make sense. And while Ragnarok is already a non-cannon map, all the DLC content, plus three map exclusive creatures on a non-DLC map seems a little overboard. Sure, would it be absolutely amazing to see what the Rag devs could do with Abberation assets? Of course, but the map would likely have to be made Single Player only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qwertymine said:

Sorry, but from what we know, the Abberation creatures aren't the way they are supposed to be. They are anomalies caused by the malfunctioning of the Ark. Cannonically it wouldn't make sense. And while Ragnarok is already a non-cannon map, all the DLC content, plus three map exclusive creatures on a non-DLC map seems a little overboard. Sure, would it be absolutely amazing to see what the Rag devs could do with Abberation assets? Of course, but the map would likely have to be made Single Player only.

Couldn't agree more, imo Ragnarok should have been an ISOLATED server or Single Player only map, that way it won't conflict with official maps or unfit with the canon, but gameplay wise it's really nice to play on such a map with everything in it, that's why ppl like Rag. Had it been isolated, the devs can even go all out and add more contents from whatever assets Ark has or will have.