Question about breeding

Ryan220

Hello all

PVE, Official

I've started breeding Tek Raptors for fun.

The problem is no matter how many times I read all the info about breeding, I never really full understand it.

Im not after an explanation of breeding, instead, Im just after some advice on the way forward with my breeding.

Below are the stats of my best raptors.

Queen      HP37, ST22, Ox35, Fd34, Wt45, Dm45, Sp30

King           HP41, ST32, Ox32, Fd40, Wt23, Dm40, Sp32

1st Gen Fem   HP41, ST32, Ox35, Fd40, Wt45, Dm45, Sp32 (offspring of King and Queen)

No mutations on any dino

So, to my untrained eye, it looks like my first offspring I got from King and Queen inherited all the good stats (unless Im misunderstanding something)

So, I was wondering what the way forward is from here?

1st Gen Fem looks like she will become the new Brood Queen.

Im thinking I need to breed King with 1st Gen Fem and Queen to get a male with all the good stats.

After that Im a bit lost on what to do. Do I try and get a new high stat dino or do I start breeding over and over to get mutations to boost the stats?

One final question about mutations.

Are they good or bad? My 3 dinos above have no mutations. Is this a good thing or bad thing? Assuming that my comment above to breed a new male is correct, do I want it mutated or not?

Any bits of advice much appreciated.

Hello,

Since you got one baby with all good stats you need another baby with different gender also with best stats. After that you are done.

Mutations are super rare and the rider buff is what you look for.

I tame several highest level males and females say 15 of each. From that I combine the best stats. 

Good luck

Regards,

Ariana 

Yeah even after 3k hours breeding can still be a bit confusing. 

@ariana provided a good explaination. I usually hatch/birth around 5 (sometimes more) from a mating pair. I record all stats before imprinting, then dispose of all the babies that don't make the cut or that don't have the mutations I want  

Mutations are stat and level increases that have a percent chance of occurring on a hatched dino. Each mutation bumps the level and a specific stat or set of stats of the baby up by two. Mutations are a good thing because they can make your dinos much stronger.

Example: you hatch 2 eggs. Egg 1 (female) is level 208. Egg 2 (female) is level 210. You check the ancestry of the level 210 and it has a mutation on the matrilineal side with the melee being better than Egg 1. Breed Egg 2 with a male dino until you get a male with the mutation (Egg 3) then breed Egg 3 with Egg 2. Keep doing this until you get another mutation then repeat the process.

Thanks for the info - it helps.

Im breeding my best male (above) now with my two femmes in the hope of getting a better male - maybe I'll get lucky and get a male in the first batch I raise this weekend like I did with my first born female ☺ otherwise I'll just keep trying.

Would be nice to get a high level one with the latest new colours as well.

I have a L188 male with superb colours (silver and gold), but it has rubbish stats. 

Is it feasible to breed that male with my  good females to get the colours and hope to get a female with good stats from it, which I can then breed with my good male?

4 hours ago, steelshiv said:

Example: you hatch 2 eggs. Egg 1 (female) is level 208. Egg 2 (female) is level 210. You check the ancestry of the level 210 and it has a mutation on the matrilineal side with the melee being better than Egg 1. Breed Egg 2 with a male dino until you get a male with the mutation (Egg 3) then breed Egg 3 with Egg 2. Keep doing this until you get another mutation then repeat the process.

Actually this is a bad advise. If you are looking for mutation stacking - it is better to breed a male with the stat you want to mutate with TONS of clean females (of any level). In the example you were advised to breed a male with 1 mut marker with female with also a 1 mut marker which will put an unnecessary mutation marker on the next offspring regardless of whether it gets 2nd mutation (in that case it'll have 3 markers) or not.

Archived