Community Crunch 149: Extinction Chronicles IV!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, JuggaloCard said:

Yay, a Tek Parasaur. For those of you who didn't want to spend 2.99 for the skin. What a joke. I'm not going out to tame that, I didn't even tame any of the tek raptors. Lets see another 2x harvest, tame and exp weekend. Well that might be useful to tame squids to tame mosas because its something to do that isn't a breeding event. Also, I wouldn't call the patch a fix more like an increase of lag. 

For many of us the skins weren't even available to purchase so it's nice to finally be getting the Tek dinos.

58 minutes ago, GP said:

For many of us the skins weren't even available to purchase so it's nice to finally be getting the Tek dinos.

You aren't missing much. At least with the skins you have the options for colors. Then again you could always do what the game allows. Attack someone who has the skins, kill off their tames and wipe their whole base for the skins. Which is at least a reason compared to the countless trolls that come on servers for no reason other than to make people suffer. 

Guest DJRone89
On 9/18/2018 at 5:07 PM, Nappy6609 said:

To all of those who keep expecting a Tek Giga, Mosa or Quetzal, You are out of your mind. None of these creatures spawn on Aberration or Scorched which would enrage many survivors that only play there. In my opinion it was very clear from the start which 5 dinos would be used judging by map spawns, TLC re-work,  and of course the most popular dinos of all time.

I forgot about the vast deserts of Stegos that spawn on Scorched Earth.

32 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Is it me or red Dino’s are still spawning kkkkkk. First I thought it was remains of past event but nooo they are still spawning kkkkk. In fact been seeing more red than green ???

Are you playing on an unofficial server? If so, then a wild kill will make them stop spawning. Other alternative is to hunt and kill every dino of the previous color scheme. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Quilleute said:

Is it me or red Dino’s are still spawning kkkkkk. First I thought it was remains of past event but nooo they are still spawning kkkkk. In fact been seeing more red than green ???

They are likely left overs that you think are respawning kkkkkk.

Just now, Myosapien said:

So killing them would be your best bet unless patience is a virtue you do not possess. 

Only official huh? Lol, you must be very proud of yourself ?? kkkkkkkk?

“ bet unless patience is a virtue you do not possess”

Lol, you must be very proud of yourself”

tbh those 2 sentences were totally unnecessary, on such unimportant topic. But well... as long as you’re happy with Yourself ... ???

12 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

“ bet unless patience is a virtue you do not possess”

Lol, you must be very proud of yourself”

tbh those 2 sentences were totally unnecessary, on such unimportant topic. But well... as long as you’re happy with Yourself ... ???

Offending you was not my intention with either of those statements. It's just obvious that killing off wild takes time and patience. As for the official/proud of yourself comment that was more so directed at the general player base (not everyone) that feels like official is the only way to play Ark which is what I gathered from your choice of emojis following your statement of only playing official. 

Edit: & yes, I am quite happy with myself. Life is too short to be unhappy especially with yourself whom your stuck with for life. 

Edited by Myosapien

4 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Words have meaning , coming for a stranger or not... on rl or any other virtual platform. But anyway  this is getting to deep ... Checkmate ?

I guess it's all relative really. When you deal with death all around you for a daily living I guess it desensitizes you to situations that won't matter anyway shortly after. 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, Myosapien said:

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, saying the tek variant is more powerful is slightly misleading. You wouldn't believe how many I've seen essentially retiring their regular lines to start fresh with tek. I guess when it comes down to it, the tek variant is more of a trophy dino since there's no real added advantage. I must have got lucky with the stats on my tek rexes taming at 3k higher health and 30 higher melee without breeding compared to my best hatches after 6 months of breeding before imprint at 11k health and 374 melee and I only spent 2 weeks looking for them. 

Edit: for clarification, 6 months of breeding the regular rexes I've yet to see an increase in the hatched health and melee whereas after spending a couple weeks taming tek rexes I get the higher stats. To me, any rex hatching at 9k health and 300 or more melee is boss fight potential so to get the tek variant with an immediate 14k health and 400+ melee was the reason I viewed a release of tek Quetz and Giga being too OP. However those 2 tames are more rare to tame with 100% effectiveness let alone breed with full imprint compared to rex anyway so I guess the rarity would balance out any potential for being too OP. 

I dnt tame any dino i intend to breed unless it has 30+ points in hp or dmg.  Thats 250% or more dmg b4 its tamed.  Perfect taming adds 74 to a 150 so the average stat gain b close to 10 levels per stat so 300% after tame without factoring the bonuses yet.  The add bonus adds 7 to make it 307% and thn the rex gets a multiply bonus that dus x1.14 to the 307% which comes to 349.9% on tame.  That'll b slightly lower since TE percentage effects the multiply bonus.  If bred the baby will get the full 349.9 as long as it gets that parents stat.  Thn u factor the 25% bonus a 100% imprint wud give and ur looking at 437.4% dmg without any mutations.  That sed im not 100% certain about the rex multiply bonus, its either x1.14 ot x1.07.  Still on center getting a rex with wat i described is pretty easy.  4 day searching at max if ur hving bad luck lol.

On 9/17/2018 at 4:31 PM, TinyHippo said:

Green yutyrannus.
Green fire wyvern.
Green quetzal.

Probably lots of others that don't immediately come to mind, but these are the first that I think of that aren't green naturally.

I found a green Megaloceros that's a perfect match for my pool cue. He was low level but he was so pretty I had to add him to my yard. ?

Ark 09-20 Dale Perry.jpg

Jajajaja parece q a muchos gamers se les olvida que pronto estará disponible Extinción con todos los nuevos dinos y los tek que ya estamos viendo... ¿qué sentido tendría sacar los mejores dinos tek ahora? jajajaja todos estos adelantos son excelentes, ya tengo comprado extinción, espero para poder disfrutar todo lo nuevo que trae ?

1 hour ago, BeastKing said:

going down each chronicle i notice the tek creatures become smaller. does that mean the next tek dino will be a dodo? think about it: tek rex, tek stego, tek raptor, and tek parasuar in that order.

The next tek dino will be one which already has a bionic skin. And the parasaur is larger than the raptor.