Community Crunch 149: Extinction Chronicles IV!

Jen

You guys need to realize: this money-hungry studio is only releasing “Tek dinos” for the creatures we already have bionic skins for. If they can’t monetize something they don’t put in much effort. Hence the neglected building system and the 1.3 million subs for Structures Plus. Which they still haven’t implemented, or are even willing to comment on which parts they’re keeping/slashing from the original mod.  Why create new models for dinos which people actually use and want, when you can dust off old costume pieces and call it a day? This is typical of WC, half hearted executions before moving on. Like an entire studio with ADD.

Edited by Endo

20 hours ago, Dondark said:

Realy, Tek parasaur? Wildcard knows people waiting Tek Giga,Quetzal,Mosa but they keep adding trash tek animal.
Next Tek animal will be the trike just saying...

I was hoping too the tek giga even teased a friend telling him it was the giga and started freaking out since had some dark memories when he lose his wyv to a giga. Maybe a tek otter would be more exciting

6 hours ago, Nappy6609 said:

To all of those who keep expecting a Tek Giga, Mosa or Quetzal, You are out of your mind. None of these creatures spawn on Aberration or Scorched which would enrage many survivors that only play there. In my opinion it was very clear from the start which 5 dinos would be used judging by map spawns, TLC re-work,  and of course the most popular dinos of all time.

Stegos don't spawn on SE either... 

20 hours ago, TankH said:

Tek parasaur has to be the WORST addition. We've been waiting on the Tek Giga for ages. Now PvP'ers won't even have time to work on lines for it because we have to handle fighting over extinction map. I swear devs don't care for PvP. All the mods, etc, always for pve.

The entire game is pvp focused and every nerf that hits us hrd is pvp focused bcus the lil girls on pvp cry a lot.  It wudnt b a problem if ppl on pvp werent all schoolyard bullies picking on each other or acting lik a spoiled brat watching the other kid build a castle with his blocks and thn running over and kicking it down.  Pvp in general is just bad blood and ill feelings, any1 who actually openly enjoys destroying others hrd work is saying, hey im a D head irl lol.  That said i agree the parasaur was the worst choice ever.  Theres no point in a tek version with btr lvls bcus it dsnt rly gain anything from it.  Extra hp, y it cnt fight, extra dmg, it still cnt fight, wild speed dnt help, oxygen, it cnt swim worth a darn, stamina, it dsnt need anymore.

20 hours ago, rororoxor said:

prob not cuz theres already a bionic skin

U do realize every tek dino they released has a bionic skin already?  Rex is a trophy reward, stego, raptor and parasaur are buyable lil skins from the store.  WC is only releasing already existing tek/bionic dinos.  That said trike, giga, mosa, quetz should all b on the list too since they all hv bionic skins.

I don't understand all the fuss about the Tek-Para. Yes it is a beginner dino, yes it is not a super strong killing maschine but it is one of the dinos that was ingame from the beginning. I think it looks pretty cool and it gives new players a chance on a Tek-Dino from the start. 

Also how much Gigias there are on a map like the Island ? 2 ? Same with Quetz. Only the Mosa is more "common" but hard to tame for beginners. Sothe chances on getting a Tek-Giga ore Para are pretty low. I think the Para and how I guess the Trike are obvious choices and I am fine with that and people should not forget that WC probably keeps some newer Tek dinos in the back hand for the DLC.

And a big reminder on those console players. You may have all the Bionic skins.. we PC players do not and now WC is simply keeping their promise to give us a chance on the skins.

And yes I am normaly not a person that writes a lot of feedback but I really hate people that start to whine about stuff we get for free.  

Edited by Vahilor

8 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

The entire game is pvp focused and every nerf that hits us hrd is pvp focused bcus the lil girls on pvp cry a lot.  It wudnt b a problem if ppl on pvp werent all schoolyard bullies picking on each other or acting lik a spoiled brat watching the other kid build a castle with his blocks and thn running over and kicking it down.  Pvp in general is just bad blood and ill feelings, any1 who actually openly enjoys destroying others hrd work is saying, hey im a D head irl lol.

for your information that is not entirely true, some of us who have a code of honor and a fair fight only raid for supplies and BPs, other then that pvp is to sharpen our skills and fight worthy opponents, i myself will not attack a base if it does not have any defenses, instead i will bust a wall and leave supplies and such to help that player build faster, i'll even leave a note saying if he wants help taming to give me a holler and i will help and leave my gamertag in the note.

to all who are cry babying over the tek parasaur, stop being insecure and greedy, ya'll say wild card is greedy? i have never seen a game company tell players i want this i want that, i want more and more, ya'll ask and ask for things they can't do cause they are working on existing bionic skins although the tapi has a bionic saddle and the megalodon i doubt those would be done as tek dinos oh on a side note i also have the PC version and i can get all these tek skins even before these events, not on official though but my official days are done anyways, too busy for it with my 5 year old in school now.

on a final note, GP nice call on those posts firing back, you should of done that a long time ago back during the flyer nerf and such. good job WC, you will have my support and my clan/ark group support till the day the servers shut down and we maybe and hopefully get a sequel to the game, lol

oh forgot something else, as long as we are getting S+ and i especially like the other mods in the season 2 dragonpunk video, if we get those then this game just became the best out there even beating out conan exiles.

Edited by Vegeta71

I would be surprised if WC releases a tek variant quetz or giga. Simply for the fact that both as they normally are already have decent health. So add extra health on top of that with breeding capability, they would just end up nerfing the hell out of them as soon as an alpha on official gets raided by a tribe using them. Although, the release of the tek rex pretty much renders the original rex useless in comparison so who knows. 

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

I would be surprised if WC releases a tek variant quetz or giga. Simply for the fact that both as they normally are already have decent health. So add extra health on top of that with breeding capability, they would just end up nerfing the hell out of them as soon as an alpha on official gets raided by a tribe using them. Although, the release of the tek rex pretty much renders the original rex useless in comparison so who knows. 

Not really. The Tek variants have the same base stats, they just spawn at higher level. Take in example a Tek level 180 tamed with 100% effectiveness would tame at level 270 while a regular 150 one would tame at 225 which means they have the potential to have 45 extra points. 45 generated into the 7 stats means an average of 5 extra points each. In short, taming a 180 Tek have the chance to give you 2.5 mutations worth per stat, how did they render the actual dozens of mutated stats being traded all over the place already useless? If anything, you have 95% more chance to find max level regular ones which mean you would progress faster your breeding line than going for Tek.

Edited by invincibleqc

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Not really. The Tek variants have the same base stats, they just spawn at higher level. Take in example a Tek level 180 tamed with 100% effectiveness would tame at level 270 while a regular 150 one would tame at 225 which means they have the potential to have 45 extra points. 45 generated into the 7 stats means an average of 5 extra points each. In short, taming a 180 Tek have the chance to give you 2.5 mutations worth per stat, how did they render the actual dozens of mutated stats being traded all over the place already useless? If anything, you have 95% more chance to find max level regular ones which mean you would progress faster your breeding line than going for Tek.

I know the stats matter more than level, for instance when I kibble tamed a 135 regular rex that came out with 11k health and 374 melee- automatic breeder right there more than worthy of boss fights. However, when I tamed a level 180 tek rex it came out with over 14k health and over 400 melee, so I feel like the further spaced the levels are, it does start to impact the stats some. I doubt any level 95 to level 120 has tamed from wild with close to that. 

On another note, if they all have the same base levels, then why was the tek rex announced as "more powerful" by WC? Or are we now talking just in terms of damage output with zero impact on stats?

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

I know the stats matter more than level, for instance when I kibble tamed a 135 regular rex that came out with 11k health and 374 melee- automatic breeder right there more than worthy of boss fights. However, when I tamed a level 180 tek rex it came out with over 14k health and over 400 melee, so I feel like the further spaced the levels are, it does start to impact the stats some. I doubt any level 95 to level 120 has tamed from wild with close to that.

The stats doesn't really matter more than the level because they are both the same. The level of a creature is just a reflection of all the points allocated into the 7 categories (6 for flyers) + 1 (base level). A level 270 tamed Tek will have 269 points distributed just like a bred regular hatching at level 270. They could even both have the exact same stats if they both have the points distributed the same way. The only reason why Tek could be considered better, is if you are starting a fresh breeding line, otherwise your already level 300+ bred ones are already stronger than you 270 tamed, etc.

9 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

On another note, if they all have the same base levels, then why was the tek rex announced as "more powerful" by WC? Or are we now talking just in terms of damage output with zero impact on stats?

The way it was initially announced was misleading, in my opinion. They are not "more powerful", they just spawn with 20% higher level. Their stat values per points are the exact same. EDIT: Well, they are technically more powerful; when wild. No difference comparing tamed Tek vs Bred regular. The only difference is that you will have less chance to find decent stats for Tek because they are 20 times rarer but can get 20% more points.

Edited by invincibleqc

25 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The stats doesn't really matter more than the level because they are both the same. The level of a creature is just a reflection of all the points allocated into the 7 categories (6 for flyers) + 1 (base level). A level 270 tamed Tek will have 269 points distributed just like a bred regular hatching at level 270. They could even both have the exact same stats if they both have the points distributed the same way. The only reason why Tek could be considered better, is if you are starting a fresh breeding line, otherwise your already level 300+ bred ones are already stronger than you 270 tamed, etc.

The way it was initially announced was misleading, in my opinion. They are not "more powerful", they just spawn with 20% higher level. Their stat values per points are the exact same. EDIT: Well, they are technically more powerful; when wild. No difference comparing tamed Tek vs Bred regular. The only difference is that you will have less chance to find decent stats for Tek because they are 20 times rarer but can get 20% more points.

So are you suggesting that if the same amount of time was invested in breeding the 270 Tek line as people have into their already 300+ regular line, that the Tek line would not surpass the regular line in terms of stats given all things were the same as far as kibble tamed and full imprints across the board?

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

So are you suggesting that if the same amount of time was invested in breeding the 270 Tek line as people have into their already 300+ regular line, that the Tek line would not surpass the regular line in terms of stats given all things were the same as far as kibble tamed and full imprints across the board?

I don't think you can really compare them. I mean, the time it would take you to find insane stats for the Tek considering the fact that they are rare, might be negated by the time it would take you to mutate regular ones right away. One would take longer to find base stats and start mutating while the other would take longer to mutate and both are basically RNG games in the end. The limit of points is still 255 per stat and 450 total on officials so they would technically be the exact same once maxed. The Tek variant are really just reskin of their regular counterpart with 20% higher base level. The stats values, etc. are all the same. A level 1 Tek vs a level 1 regular would be a tie fight. So yeah, releasing Quetzal or Giga would not make them OP compared to what is already being bred.

35 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't think you can really compare them. I mean, the time it would take you to find insane stats for the Tek considering the fact that they are rare, might be negated by the time it would take you to mutate regular ones right away. One would take longer to find base stats and start mutating while the other would take longer to mutate and both are basically RNG games in the end. The limit of points is still 255 per stat and 450 total on officials so they would technically be the exact same once maxed. The Tek variant are really just reskin of their regular counterpart with 20% higher base level. The stats values, etc. are all the same. A level 1 Tek vs a level 1 regular would be a tie fight. So yeah, releasing Quetzal or Giga would not make them OP compared to what is already being bred.

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, saying the tek variant is more powerful is slightly misleading. You wouldn't believe how many I've seen essentially retiring their regular lines to start fresh with tek. I guess when it comes down to it, the tek variant is more of a trophy dino since there's no real added advantage. I must have got lucky with the stats on my tek rexes taming at 3k higher health and 30 higher melee without breeding compared to my best hatches after 6 months of breeding before imprint at 11k health and 374 melee and I only spent 2 weeks looking for them. 

Edit: for clarification, 6 months of breeding the regular rexes I've yet to see an increase in the hatched health and melee whereas after spending a couple weeks taming tek rexes I get the higher stats. To me, any rex hatching at 9k health and 300 or more melee is boss fight potential so to get the tek variant with an immediate 14k health and 400+ melee was the reason I viewed a release of tek Quetz and Giga being too OP. However those 2 tames are more rare to tame with 100% effectiveness let alone breed with full imprint compared to rex anyway so I guess the rarity would balance out any potential for being too OP. 

Edited by Myosapien

Yay, a Tek Parasaur. For those of you who didn't want to spend 2.99 for the skin. What a joke. I'm not going out to tame that, I didn't even tame any of the tek raptors. Lets see another 2x harvest, tame and exp weekend. Well that might be useful to tame squids to tame mosas because its something to do that isn't a breeding event. Also, I wouldn't call the patch a fix more like an increase of lag.