Community Crunch 149: Extinction Chronicles IV!

Jen

48 minutes ago, jsheerin98 said:

Really WildCard? A Tek Parasaur? I was hoping it would be somewhere along the lines of, Oh, I don't know, maybe a Tek Trike, or a Tek Bronto or even a Tek Ankylo but a Tek Parasaur? What the hell? The parasaur is garbage! Sure it scares off anything smaller than it, detects enemies, has decent stamina and has a decent berry gathering rate, Parasaurs are not very fast, not very strong and have pathetic health! It cannot fight a Rex because it will not win! At least a Trike can provide some protection. Not a lot but a little bit anyway! My point is, I'm not happy with the Tek Parasaur, change it to a Tek Trike, Bronto or Ankylo please. Thank you.

Go back to the beach bob,

yeah the parasaur is lame, but no such skin for bronto or anky.

all that’s left is trike, mosa, giga and quetz 

Are you serious ? You guys give us a tek version of one of the most useless dinos ever. Even as a radar dino there is no point to tame tek versions , especially since they are not even kibble tamed dinos. There better be a good point to these tek dinos in the extinction dlc.

Edited by Gravex

HAHAHAHAHAHA I guess the only excuse they have for a tek parasaur is because the company name is WILDCARD  XDDDDDDDDDDD you never know what they are gonna do next! . Honestly I think they released it because there was already a tek parasaur skin. It looks like they are just doing enough to get by and keep their promises, not pleasing players

1 hour ago, TankH said:

Tek parasaur has to be the WORST addition. We've been waiting on the Tek Giga for ages. Now PvP'ers won't even have time to work on lines for it because we have to handle fighting over extinction map. I swear devs don't care for PvP. All the mods, etc, always for pve.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

90% of the changes, including 100% of the absolutely horrible changes made to Ark over the past three years were done specifically with PVP in mind. Dec 2015 dino nerf, the 10+ giga nerfs, flyer nerfs, flyer speed nerf, land and water dino speed nerf, and the list goes on and on.

As for Tek giga, don't hold your breath. Wildcard considers the giga a huge mistake from the very start which is why it's been nerfed to oblivion. The 4 remaining tek skins from console that have yet to come to PC in these events are Giga, Trike, Mosa, and Quetz. My money is on Trike for the final event which comes after Parasaur. Why? Because like the others that have been picked, its one of the original Ark dinos from the very beginning of early access. Next most likely will be tek quetz. since there isn't a tek flyer yet.

• Volunteer Moderator

The complaining of Tek Parasaur in this thread is laughable.

You got a free tek dino added to the game, be grateful. If you don't want it don't tame it, kill it on site, who cares.

It was very obvious that it was not going to be anything that doesn't have a bionic skin, so people talking about Tek Ankylos etc should really pay more attention, people have been saying this for weeks that it is currently only dinos that already have bionic skins.

It was also pretty obvious that it was likely to be Parasaur or Trike. Most likely Trike next week.

But it is ridiculous how many people cry over getting something for free.

Okay .... I made an account just now so I could comment on this. Ark is my Favorite game, honestly of all time. Yeah, it's messy and it doesn't always work right, but it's Dinosaurs, and Adventure, and Teamwork, and Survival, and so much more. Point is, for all of it's flaws, I love it ...... BUT ...... I'm not on board with this tek dino thing. Don't get me wrong, I love that we have a chance to find them in the wild, and I'm not complaining about the ones already released, Rex, stego, raptor, para .... They're not what I wanted, but finding them in the wild sure is cool..... Here's my issue though .... I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THESE!! as someone who has invested alot of time and energy into this game, ive bought pretty much everything you can buy for Ark. So I already have all of the Bionic Skins ... I love finding them in the wild ... But I want at least one new tek dino .... Please .... I get that it's cheaper and easier to use the ones that already exists .... But I don't think it's too much to ask for at least one new dino ... Anything, hell I'd even be happy with a Carbonemys or something .... Literally anything that I don't already have .... I paid for these skins to support the Game, and turns out that everybody else is getting them for freeeeeeee.

2 minutes ago, GoblinG00P said:

I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THESE!!

Good for you, on PC we had the tek rex and tek giga skin and that's it.

I'm happy we finally have a chance to get our hands on those other tek dinos, as promised by WC.

The one I'm looking forward to the most is the quetz, I haven't tamed one in ages.

1 hour ago, GoblinG00P said:

Okay .... I made an account just now so I could comment on this. Ark is my Favorite game, honestly of all time. Yeah, it's messy and it doesn't always work right, but it's Dinosaurs, and Adventure, and Teamwork, and Survival, and so much more. Point is, for all of it's flaws, I love it ...... BUT ...... I'm not on board with this tek dino thing. Don't get me wrong, I love that we have a chance to find them in the wild, and I'm not complaining about the ones already released, Rex, stego, raptor, para .... They're not what I wanted, but finding them in the wild sure is cool..... Here's my issue though .... I ALREADY HAVE ALL OF THESE!! as someone who has invested alot of time and energy into this game, ive bought pretty much everything you can buy for Ark. So I already have all of the Bionic Skins ... I love finding them in the wild ... But I want at least one new tek dino .... Please .... I get that it's cheaper and easier to use the ones that already exists .... But I don't think it's too much to ask for at least one new dino ... Anything, hell I'd even be happy with a Carbonemys or something .... Literally anything that I don't already have .... I paid for these skins to support the Game, and turns out that everybody else is getting them for freeeeeeee.

I’d like to think all these tek dinos have a use, possibly only dinos allowed into extinction?

Such a shame there is so much hate against the Tek Parasaur. I can understand it’s not the most sought after  dino in the roster, but it’s certainly not useless. Fresh starters and new players have the option to get a tek dino at the start, and to be honest I think it looks super cool! It’s berry harvesting ability means it’s very useful when starting out. Who wants to spend hours picking berries when you can do it ten times quicker with a Tek Parasaur?! Anyway that’s just my opinion and I’m sure there’s many who’ll disagree with me, but I like the new addition. 

Keep it up WC. ??

Why don’t you re think your protocol on your investigations?  The person who’s made a claim against cheaters has the right to know why no action was taken against a tribe (not individual player), and they also deserve to know if the investigation is still going, what they may have done wrong, what extra info they needed....  I sent videos, screen shots, and even an Xbox message from one of the members saying they’re gonna mesh and yet all’s I got offered was 10 of the 150-200 dinos we lost in the undermap...  also absolutely zero feed back about why I have waited months with no answers...  you preach about your code of conduct but are failing with your follow through imo.  

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Dnamotorsport said:

Why doesn't this game studio ever listen to the players? Parasaur really, what a joke. I am sure Extinction will fall flat on its face just like every other wildcard map. Get you act together over there and start listing to your player base.

If a game studio listened to everything the player base requested then the game would never go in the direction it was intended. All this fuss over a Parasaur really? Get your act together players!

• Like 1