How to leave negative comment and stay w/in forum rules

Magmorta

Just curious if anyone has previously left negative comments that were not warned by mods and how such were worded in order to stay within the forum rules. Is it as simple as posting 'Do Not Trade. PM for details.' or 'Bad Trader/Seller'. Or is this too considered name shaming? Feedback on how you may have left a comment that wasn't outright warned on is appreciated without discussing the reason behind said comment. Just a simple what you left as the comment suffices. Thanks all in advance.

13 minutes ago, Magmorta said:

Just curious if anyone has previously left negative comments that were not warned by mods and how such were worded in order to stay within the forum rules. Is it as simple as posting 'Do Not Trade. PM for details.' or 'Bad Trader/Seller'. Or is this too considered name shaming? Feedback on how you may have left a comment that wasn't outright warned on is appreciated without discussing the reason behind said comment. Just a simple what you left as the comment suffices. Thanks all in advance.

Honestly bro that is the million dollar question. I've found over my couple of warnings and suspensions is that you can never say anything negative about staff no matter how well deserved or fitting it is. Simply putting moronic + dev/wc/mod/gm or anything like that in the same sentence leads to a warning.  As far as it comes to name dropping just dont do it. For some odd reason WC doesn't hold true to Old Skool Gamer justice code where back in the day if someone was dirty on a MUD or UO they were encouraged by staff to loud them out so other patrons didnt get screwed as well. WC..... not so much. Heck I'll prolly get another warning just for what I said here because moronic and wc was in the same sentence again.

Guest DJRone89

@Magmorta @DemonicRuins I’m always pushing boundaries on what I can and can’t say. Racked up some hefty warning points too. 

I asked for support to delete my profile but they can’t as this website has no option for it so just keeps your personal data (not sure on the legality of that). Anyway, 750 likes later I’m still here, posting controversial comments to get people talking.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Magmorta said:

As long as they follow the Community Forums Guidelines, negative feedback are more than fine. What will get you warned for a feedback is mainly the language used, or if you start targeting a specific user making multiple feedback for the same trade then that will be considered spamming/harassment and a warning will be issued. When you had a bad trading experience with another user, you should make a feedback, add that user to your Ignored Users list and move on.

Locking this thread now as discussing warnings is not allowed publicly on the forums. If you guys have any questions, concerns or simply want a specific situation to be reviewed then submit a Support Ticket to the "Forums and Forums Accounts" department and an administrator should be able to assist you.

Thanks!

Archived