A thing that ARK needed so far ago

Leosh

What are we talking about here in regards to optimizations? Bases, or general game? The thing I find interesting about bases is, how I can hit backspace, and watch the low frame rate return back to something of a sane level. This makes me wonder what exactly is wrong with the text and overlay that is causing problems with FPS. And it got me thinking. Maybe it's rendering it for every single frame. I think it would actually help to speed things up if the game detected low frame rates, and would automatically adjust the refresh rate of the text and overlays. This would drastically bump up performance for sure.

Because the reality is, we can say optimize all day long, but the truth is, we need to talk about how it can be optimized. Computer coders are not magicians.

6 minutes ago, Sphere said:

What are we talking about here in regards to optimizations? Bases, or general game? The thing I find interesting about bases is, how I can hit backspace, and watch the low frame rate return back to something of a sane level. This makes me wonder what exactly is wrong with the text and overlay that is causing problems with FPS. And it got me thinking. Maybe it's rendering it for every single frame. I think it would actually help to speed things up if the game detected low frame rates, and would automatically adjust the refresh rate of the text and overlays. This would drastically bump up performance for sure.

Because the reality is, we can say optimize all day long, but the truth is, we need to talk about how it can be optimized. Computer coders are not magicians.

I'd just like to point out that instead of pressing backspace, shift + numpad 1 makes the floating nametags disappear unless you get really close to and are looking at a dino. This way you don't have to turn off your whole hud.

2 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I'd just like to point out that instead of pressing backspace, shift + numpad 1 makes the floating nametags disappear unless you get really close to and are looking at a dino. This way you don't have to turn off your whole hud.

I sometimes take my number pad off my keyboard. Yeah that's a thing, ROG keyboard. ❤️

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

I just tried this. And yeah it does work the end key, but sadly does not reduce the frame drop as much as the backspace key does. I am thinking that maybe the hotkey bar is the most destructive to the performance around bases. Transparency maybe?

Kill all your dinos, break all form of light. You can get away lag free with pretty impressive base this way. 

Optimizations? Where do u start? Adding kill zones under the mesh, optimizing consoles so they don't have a fraction of the quality at the same box price, implementing actually DDoS protection, employing actual GMs/Customer Service reps, reallocating funds to fix the underlying code that causes the glitches instead of adding more lines of code on top of it. The list can go on and on on what WC needs to optimize. Bright said is that it's all doable, downside is Historu has shown it never will be. Hope for the best, have KY for reality.

19 hours ago, Sphere said:

¿De qué estamos hablando aquí con respecto a las optimizaciones? Bases, o juego general? Lo que me parece interesante sobre las bases es, cómo puedo golpear el espacio de retroceso, y ver cómo la baja tasa de cuadros vuelve a un nivel razonable. Esto me hace preguntarme qué es exactamente lo que está mal con el texto y la superposición que está causando problemas con FPS. Y me hizo pensar. Tal vez lo esté renderizando para cada cuadro. Creo que realmente ayudaría a acelerar las cosas si el juego detectara bajas tasas de cuadros y ajustaría automáticamente la frecuencia de actualización del texto y las superposiciones. Esto aumentaría drásticamente el rendimiento seguro.

Porque la realidad es que podemos decir que optimizamos todo el día, pero la verdad es que tenemos que hablar de cómo se puede optimizar. Los codificadores de computadoras no son magos.

i'm talking about the game in general the general fps rate in the game ark promise 1 year ago or more that i'll be a big optimization and it never comes

15 hours ago, Jacira said:

I play on a comfortable 40-60 fps when not at my base.

When at my base it's a steady 20-40 fps.

No End or Backspace key helps me with my performance.

But I am playing on ultra settings at 4k with max resolution scale on a gtx 660.

Can you detect which one is a lie?

Lol, that 660(had one before i upgraded to a 1070 SC edition) would catch fire running at 4k, and turn to a molten pile with epic setting thrown into the mix. 

Pretty sure that was the lie ?

But to the OP, with 8 gigs of vram ark runs very well even on all epic settings. Its the server performance that needs help mostly. 60fps solid out and about and 30ish is my metal base lit like a cristmas tree stuffed with 400 dinos.

Archived