Honey ? on mobile

ScreamingViolet

7 hours ago, JB1980 said:

How are you doing with the honey hunt and Achitna tame?

I’m still working on it. My base in the red woods isn’t my primary base and I’ve been busy with other tasks, but I have installed four tree sap taps and started to collect the sap. 

I’m just collecting the prime meat to craft some mindwipe tonic so that I can reallocate some of my Engram points and access the beehive. 

It sure is a long process to tame a snail

3 hours ago, JB1980 said:

A beehive will only cost you 5 Amber (100 slips) in the Outpost, and no engrams.

Now I have plenty of cementing paste, not sure what to use it for...

For some reason I’ve chosen not to use the crafting stations, although I whinge and whine I’m enjoying the satisfaction of getting things done the hard way.

cementing paste is used for a wide myriad of things. From saddles to building. Once you get up higher, when you’ve got a fabricator you need it more and more. You mix obsidian with cementing paste to create polymer which, in turn, you craft guns and all kinds of other awesome stuff... here’s a list

8 hours ago, JB1980 said:

That is a nice way to play, it was a bit against my gaming principles as well but the difficult way to get honey made me do it....

I've seen the list, thanks. I've collected quite some paste from the snail (100 every hour or so) so have enough when I need it...

You can collect a fair bit of cementing paste, along with the flowers and mushrooms, from beaver dams. Just be sure to take everything from the dam so that it’s demolished. Otherwise the beavers won’t make new dams. Just be ready to have a couple of rather pissed off beavers to deal with.

i personally approach the dam and have a quick look at its inventory and then quickly move away. This will Argo the beavers so they will attack you. Then it makes it easy to kill them so that you can raid the dam at your leisure.

Archived