Jump to content

Honey ? on mobile


ScreamingViolet

Recommended Posts

I would love to tame myself some achatina as my cement habit is getting hard to maintain, but as they need sweet vegetable cake to be tamed I’m kinda stuck as there are no bees in mobile to create honey.

ive gotten a small amount via the free gifts, but that isn’t going to go very far.

is there a way to get the honey required for the recipe without purchasing one of the crafting stations?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ScreamingViolet said:

I would love to tame myself some achatina as my cement habit is getting hard to maintain, but as they need sweet vegetable cake to be tamed I’m kinda stuck as there are no bees in mobile to create honey.

ive gotten a small amount via the free gifts, but that isn’t going to go very far.

is there a way to get the honey required for the recipe without purchasing one of the crafting stations?

Beaver dams for flowers then get a hive and put the flowers in

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

Didn’t know we could craft a bee hive. It will take me a while to do that as I need a tree sap tap in order to collect the 100x sap for it.

 

on the subject of cement... can anyone share any tips on how to quickly collect a bunch of chitin (and keratin) as I’m starting to need more of it and collecting it just a few at a time from insects and certain Dino’s just isn’t cutting it.

 

thanks again

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScreamingViolet said:

 

on the subject of cement... can anyone share any tips on how to quickly collect a bunch of chitin (and keratin) as I’m starting to need more of it and collecting it just a few at a time from insects and certain Dino’s just isn’t cutting it.

 

thanks again

If you want a cement paste..there 2 best way..one is farming beaver dam..second is tame and breed a frog(for bonuses)..go to swamp cave and get those dragonfly

If you really want chitin then get a wolf/saber then go to swamp cave 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to get cement is to run swamp cave with a frog.  You dont need to do the whole thing, just the starting tunnel up to where it splits.  Make sure to stop and force-feed the frog to regain full HP between fights. You will need a full scuba kit if you cant craft a gas mask to survive in the cave.

You can also kill something in the swamps, wait for the bugs to come eat the corpse, then kill them with the frog.

That being said, I like snails too.  Make a base near redwood so you can farm SAP for the cakes. Not sure for the crafted bee hive, but on xbox servers getting the honey with a bear returns 3x the amount of honey.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Herbapou said:

The best way to get cement is to run swamp cave with a frog.  You dont need to do the whole thing, just the starting tunnel up to where it splits.  Make sure to stop and force-feed the frog to regain full HP between fights. You will need a full scuba kit if you cant craft a gas mask to survive in the cave.

You can also kill something in the swamps, wait for the bugs to come eat the corpse, then kill them with the frog.

That being said, I like snails too.  Make a base near redwood so you can farm SAP for the cakes. Not sure for the crafted bee hive, but on xbox servers getting the honey with a bear returns 3x the amount of honey.  

Thanks for the tips, about to brew up some broth of enlightenment and grind away and finally get my hands on some scuba gear.

even with a primal pass I seem to take forever to level up. 

Looking forward to exploring the oceans... and that swamp cave too.

 

i absolutely HATE titanboas. More than I hate running into a therizinosaur whilst I’m naked. I’m Australian and can deal with all the creepy crawly nasty things you can throw at me, don’t overly mind getting a leg chomped off by a megalodon, but man those snakes just freak me out!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snakes are literally the easiest enemy in most of the places they are in I'll list easy ways to kill them.

1. Any gun will destroy a titanoboa but shoot from a distance not at point blank.

2. Use a sword or pike combined with stimulant. The snake won't last long and its main attack will be useless against stimulant.

3. Use any mount with more than 150 torpor. A human gets knocked out at 50 torpor but most mounts get knocked out at much higher. A decent mount will destroy a titanoboa with ease.

Whenever I see one of these it's more of an annoyance than a danger also it's a source of free arrows and prime meat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snakes are very annoying on foot but an easy prey and an easy source of prime meat on a Therizinosaur.  Make sure to boost the main attack harvest bonus, not the delicate one.   The Swamp is a very good place to farm prime meat.  The snakes and the Sarco's will drop some. You can also use the Therizinosaur to farm large amounts of mushroom by attacking trees in the swamps and the delicate attack to farm plant X seeds and flowers.

imo dont go near the swamps if youre not on a dino.

On mobile I am not planning to tame a lot of dinos:

Therizinosaur, Anky, Baronynx, frogs, argentivis, wolves.  I will try to concentrated on breeding those. Ok , Ok, add a Phiomia and some bugs to produce massive amounts of fertilizer and some oil. But I wont be breeding those. Snails for ciments and more importanly organic polymer.  Ah it never ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have made beaver dam farms. Somewhere in your base make a 3x4 spot with 2 walls high. Drop 2 WILD beavers into it. They will build a damn right there in your base. Then make sure all tames are on passive, move beavers to a different pen, and harvest the dam. Despite what others say, the beavers will NOT despawn like this, unless you move them too far feom their original spawn spot, so get the beavers from the closest spawn spot to your base. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 11:31 PM, Vortex597 said:

Just collect from beaver dams once again

How do you guys collect chitin\keratine from beaver dams ?? I get wood, mushrooms, cementing paste, rare flowers and sometimes sillicas pearls but never chitin. Or you mix the cementing paste with something perhaps ? 

@ScreamingViolet To speed up the sap collection, make and install 5 sap taps in the redwood forest: they collect 20 sap each (each tap has only 1 slot, and makes 1 stack of 20 saps).Try to install them so you can reach them from the ground, it’s going to be easier to collect the sap later on. 

You will need to craft a beehive as well (level 59) and install it in the red forest. Again, try to install your beehive so you can reach it from the ground... then put rare flowers in the beehive’s inventory. I think it takes 45 minutes to produce 1 honey.

Once you have the sap (& the other ingredients such as savoroots, rockarrots, longrass, stimulants) and you’re ready to take the honey from the beehive, you only have 30 minutes before it spoils in your inventory - you have more time if stored in a dino’s inventory.. so take an even amount of honey pots, put them in your mount’s inventory, run/fly to your base, put the honey in a fridge and proceed to make the veggie cake, 2 honeys by 2... 

I made my first veggie cakes today too and just tamed my third achatina. ; -) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 2:58 AM, Rhylar said:

Best way for CP is with a frog running redwood swamp cave.

I was curious at this cave that I somehow did not found yet (all others I found thanks to pursuits). The 2nd base I build is quite close to it but never saw the cave before. Had a bit trouble finding it because it’s at a little different coordinates than on the Wiki (at 62.5/36.9).

When entering I got the warning that it’s dangerous for my level (67).....so maybe wait some more time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 6:57 AM, JB1980 said:

I was curious at this cave that I somehow did not found yet (all others I found thanks to pursuits). The 2nd base I build is quite close to it but never saw the cave before. Had a bit trouble finding it because it’s at a little different coordinates than on the Wiki (at 62.5/36.9).

When entering I got the warning that it’s dangerous for my level (67).....so maybe wait some more time...

I’m level 80 playing solo. I still haven’t come across this cave yet either. 

I. Waiting til I have diving equipment before I take this cave... and the ocean on. I’m just working on getting a few fully working bases built until then as well as collecting materials to build a kick ass water base once I can start diving without freaking out I’ll drown super fast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 10:30 AM, ScreamingViolet said:

Thanks guys.

Didn’t know we could craft a bee hive. It will take me a while to do that as I need a tree sap tap in order to collect the 100x sap for it.

 

on the subject of cement... can anyone share any tips on how to quickly collect a bunch of chitin (and keratin) as I’m starting to need more of it and collecting it just a few at a time from insects and certain Dino’s just isn’t cutting it.

 

thanks again

To collect bunch of chitin(mostly) and keratin (probably) go to a cave at a hill near the volcano, there are alot of insects there including the annoying athro, i let this one slide, there is a bug when using a Megalosaurus roar where you can attack enemies whithout aggroing them at all. so use Mega at this cave and happy collecting Chitin/Keratin!

 

oh also check this site https://ark.gamepedia.com/Domestication

according to this, sabertooth has the most chances to get more keratin/chitin, but the downside of it, it has low health and its attack range is not wide.

thats why i suggested earlier using megalosaurus the only downside is that you cannot use it while its day, only use it at night :) and it can do a perfect cave run lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...