Best way to breed shoulder mounts

SCORCH

2 hours ago, SCORCH said:

I am having an extremely hard time breeding shoulder mounts. No pen size I can create seems to work well. I have tried one by ones, wooden cages, fence foundations and walls in smaller than 1 by 1 radius... you name it and I feel like I have tried it. Any tips from the shoulder mount breeding pros?

Just set them to wander and spam u on the keyboard. U is the command to stop so they will stay still.

Also a tip for breeding large tames like spino, rex and giga is to set their targeting range to lowest and they just stand still even on wander.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

Just set them to wander and spam u on the keyboard. U is the command to stop so they will stay still.

Also a tip for breeding large tames like spino, rex and giga is to set their targeting range to lowest and they just stand still even on wander.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I am on xbox. 

Hello,

Well i guess next year they add rope as in S+ to ARK. Until then your creatures glitch out into the wild on wander and you constantly need to keep your eyes on them. Or never leave your base (out of render).

My tought is to have all pets on group 10 and all follow a pachy or moschops then set all to wander unfollow all from pachy and when done whistle follow all using the tame group 10.

Have air conditioners in roof or floor.

Good luck and keep pachy close so the do not fly or have follow distance to max (high).

Regards,

Ariana 

1 hour ago, SCORCH said:

I am on the xbox. Dimorphs/flying shoulder mounts seem to be giving me the most trouble, especially as trying to throw them down after you accidentally pick them up when trying to pick up an egg and then they fly away to the wrong spot is the worst.

All the tips given here should solve your problems.

Put them in a cage and deactivate wandering before you pick up an egg if none of it works.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, SCORCH said:

I am having an extremely hard time breeding shoulder mounts. No pen size I can create seems to work well. I have tried one by ones, wooden cages, fence foundations and walls in smaller than 1 by 1 radius... you name it and I feel like I have tried it. Any tips from the shoulder mount breeding pros?

Weigh them down with stone and metal. I have 3 (1M and 2F) that I use as breeders and occasionally swap them out for a better generation

On 9/16/2018 at 9:51 AM, SCORCH said:

I am on the xbox. Dimorphs/flying shoulder mounts seem to be giving me the most trouble, especially as trying to throw them down after you accidentally pick them up when trying to pick up an egg and then they fly away to the wrong spot is the worst.

i have an easy solution to your pickup problem. Have a shoulder mount on before you pickup eggs. You can only have one on at a time.

15 minutes ago, Demerus said:

i have an easy solution to your pickup problem. Have a shoulder mount on before you pickup eggs. You can only have one on at a time.

At least that way I won't pick up the shoulder mount, but instead of picking it up, I would open it's inventory. Annoying but best solution I have heard yet.

13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just tried on a more appropriate test subject my shinehorn. Wouldnt mate until weight 298.5/332. At which point it started to wander around resonably freely, granted much slower than normal but more than fast enough to casue in issue 

Weird, I'll have to see what I have weighed mine down to because I don't remember this. I know mine are pretty slow. I also have then in a 2x2 in my building so it's not really an issue. My troodons are though. Man those things are hell. Even weighed down they are fast

8 minutes ago, AzDaemon said:

Weird, I'll have to see what I have weighed mine down to because I don't remember this. I know mine are pretty slow. I also have then in a 2x2 in my building so it's not really an issue. My troodons are though. Man those things are hell. Even weighed down they are fast

Maybe I am just picking rubbish test subjects and maybe shinehorns are like troodon ?Man those things are like little children high on sugary drinks on a holiday, so hyperactive ! Even in my 1x1 in my breeding barn they refuse to stay still to breed !

13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Maybe I am just picking rubbish test subjects and maybe shinehorns are like troodon ?Man those things are like little children high on sugary drinks on a holiday, so hyperactive ! Even in my 1x1 in my breeding barn they refuse to stay still to breed !

Yeah, I set them to their own group so I can group whistle follow and stop without whistling everything in the base but, even doing that they are still a pain to try to mate and claim when they hatch. I had one die because it ran around my base so fast that it died before I had the chance to claim it. I had to hatch my other 4 1 at a time and be right on top the hatch ready to claim immediately

14 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Yeah, I set them to their own group so I can group whistle follow and stop without whistling everything in the base but, even doing that they are still a pain to try to mate and claim when they hatch. 

I can't believe I never thought about setting breeding dinos into their own whistle group...  Thats a good shout lol

Archived