WE killed ALPHA RW, and tek railgun is ...

anguelwyvern

ok so we ve killed alpha RockWell, was overjoyed to finally acquire the tek railgun (on official)

and the disapointement is huge, like REALLY HUGE !

lets me explain (just the weapon heh, not about how hard its to get a alpha basi to spawn .......)

range on the railgun, is ..., really ? that thing doesnt has the auto turret range prob the range of a auto turret set on medium ... thats really REALLY low ...for a "railgun" ...

X ray has the tendenci to activate itself, so when using the scope, boom instantly wasting element ...

not talking bout the lag, when using thermal view ...

tryed using it on a raid, to shoot X plant, did no damage to the actual plant ...(not even crops plot ...)

this weapon is litteraly useless, i mean

if you get in its effectiv range, of some dino just use a shotgun or compound bow,

if its to shot something behind walls, well means you ar ein C4 range and thus you already took care of the turret arround ...

i really want to know what kind of situation would bring ppl to use it in a effective way ...

i keep hearing ppl saying everywhere "bouhouhouh railgun is op oh my god WC broke the game bouhouhou"

well you definitly never got a railgun in hand during a pvp raid ...

• 3 months later...

They should revamp it, big time. Here is a way they can do it:

1) Make the option to shoot through walls toggleable: that is, you can turn off the wall shooting (at the same time as xray). However, doing so reduces the range to the terrible amount that it is now. Toggling this option again puts you back into regular scoping, you lose xray vision but gain enough range to compete with regular ballistic weapons. I.e you have the option to sacrifice range for wall-piercing and xray.

2) Increase the damage. Currently you can outdamage it in dps with a longneck or fabby sniper you got from a gacha: both of which are much easier to get ammo for. 

3) If option 2 is not used, then optimise the element usage. I think increasing the magazine size per element used from 2 to 8 would be beneficial. Right now, the tek railgun is MUCH less efficient than the tek rifle. A tek rifle can dish out 50 shots, for a total of 7500 damage for one element. The railgun can only do 1700. Increasing it to 8 would make if do 6800 damage per magazine, which is much more reasonable.

Oh yea and the scope is pretty laggy to use... Not ideal for a precision weapon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, anguelwyvern said:

ok so we ve killed alpha RockWell, was overjoyed to finally acquire the tek railgun (on official)

and the disapointement is huge, like REALLY HUGE !

lets me explain (just the weapon heh, not about how hard its to get a alpha basi to spawn .......)

range on the railgun, is ..., really ? that thing doesnt has the auto turret range prob the range of a auto turret set on medium ... thats really REALLY low ...for a "railgun" ...

X ray has the tendenci to activate itself, so when using the scope, boom instantly wasting element ...

not talking bout the lag, when using thermal view ...

tryed using it on a raid, to shoot X plant, did no damage to the actual plant ...(not even crops plot ...)

this weapon is litteraly useless, i mean

if you get in its effectiv range, of some dino just use a shotgun or compound bow,

if its to shot something behind walls, well means you ar ein C4 range and thus you already took care of the turret arround ...

i really want to know what kind of situation would bring ppl to use it in a effective way ...

i keep hearing ppl saying everywhere "bouhouhouh railgun is op oh my god WC broke the game bouhouhou"

well you definitly never got a railgun in hand during a pvp raid ...

If your tribe kill again the alpha rockwell tell me please :D:D 

Archived