Ark has so much to offer, how can you have such a HUGE fault in your programming? Entirely too exploitable. For instance, in my server there are 2 tribes that have dominated over half of the usable island area, simply placing stone pillars with ladders on them and flying around the map every few days. 

Problem: Abuse of Territory Claiming via Pillars/structures.

Possible Solutions:

- Make a new tile specifically for claiming land, give it a solid 30 meter circumference, and a limit of using only 10 per person. 

- Make claimed territory a much smaller circumference, and a limit to amount of pillars allowed to be built per tribe.

- Have land only claimed when fencing is surrounding and connected, within a limit of however many fence/gate tiles. (say approx 50 walls +/- Gates) all land within this fence line is claimed, and the circumference outside its normal radius that others cannot build near their base. 

- Have at a GMs meticulously check each server every day. (Costly!)

(I use meter as the in game measure of unit of distance, not sure what you actually use)

Each solution has its pros and cons. 

I feel it would finally end the ridiculous monopoly that some tribes have on PVE. There are literally tribes that have taken ENTIRE regions of the map and claimed them. 

Archived