How do you quickly kill Therozinos ?

Mensana21

These maniac chickens freak me out when they stop walking all the sudden and lower their head...
They have a pool of health and they run fast. Do you know a very effective way to kill them fast ? A gun in particular ? My saber slice pretty much everything but not the Therizinosaurus unless I have tames around to help. 

Just to précise, I can kill it if prepared, I also have tamed one.
My question is really about killing it when you're taken "by surprise" if I can say, like on your way to do whatever and bam, you need to suddenly deal with the maniac chicken obsessing over you lol 
So it's really a question about what you choose to carry on you ( = weight limit) and what (and how many) tame you usually go out with, I guess. 

I found that half decent armour and a sword took care of them.  I did tame a pair and left them to roam about (I play solo) in my massive enclosure. Somehow these two horny beasts have managed to mate and produce about 6 offspring! I had to sterilise them after returning from a lengthy trip and finding loads milling about the place! There is a pair or twins though, who both have really good stats. I take them out hunting with me.  My Rex hasn’t finished roaring before ‘the krays’ have diced, sliced and consumed the aggressor.   I highly recommend one or two as tames for sheer dps and the wood collection. 

lol you guys cracked me up...

@spiderjockey4321 I totally get you, I was always hugging the wall & avoiding to make eye contact at all cost with these but......that was before I got the 
pump-action shot gun, as suggested by fellow survivors below. 
It works like a charm ! 
One thing though ! When you'll get it, don't make this new feeling of invincibility blind you lol ... I had just tamed a Rex and an Argie, and as we were running back home (me first) there were 2 TerrorZinos in front of us that I just ignored and we were maybe at 20 seconds max from the base - when suddenly I read on my screen " Your Rex has been killed by a Horny Wannabe" .. I quickly turned my back to see what the hell is going on behind me and I'm like fbeuwobvuwbefupgrrrrrr but I could still see my brand new Argie in the air so I'm like ok at least I have an Argie.. just to see this Argie suddenly falling down in the water, completely dead. - __-  Moral of the story, get a pump-action, and don't blink, EVER. 

@HavelockVetinari I too have noticed that my Jack the Ripper is always in the front line when there's some "hapening" around my base ( generally along with the dilos). They are indeed very quick. Reading your message inspired me to get a female and create a Family of Krays. Only problem, Jack - who's been very horny as expected ^^) - doesn't fertilize the eggs !!! 

You can’t put a male with an egg and expect it to fertilise.  They need to mate, then a fertile egg will be produced.  Did no-one tell you about the birds and the bees!!?  If we just needed to be near an egg to produce offspring then using public transport or working in close proximity to the opposite sex would undoubtedly lead to a lot more ‘Jerry springer’ type shows and paternity tests would be standard fare..either that or we would be fish.... anyways.....

My base is in the middle of the north side of redwood forest,  this seems to be an ideal location for the theriz’ eggs to incubate independently.  As you all have probably figured out (this is a theory that I have anyway) that - different locations are ideal for incubating different eggs, with minimal interaction, due to their respective temperature differences. 

Lol i realize it was silly of me but I previously had dodos and it seems like for some reason the eggs became fertilized after being layed (I probably saw an egg that decomposed while another egg - fertilized - appeared and I though it was the same egg). 

The maturing process takes FOREVER. What the actual hell ! Like he wanted parasaur kibble, then pachy kibble, then lystro kibble, then again parasaur kibble and we’re still just at 51,9% of the imprinting process. And I used to think that I was a high maintenance chick !!

I read somewhere that to use the industrial cooker, we need to throw the recipe sheet along with the ingredients. Do we need to put a new recipe sheet each time we cook or they are re-usable ? 

6 hours ago, qdzs1 said:

I got a mastercraft hatchet and pick from the lower south cave. Just get a frog then go left an you'll reach the artifact but beware the frog can't fit in the chamber and there's sometimes enemies there

Thank you @qdzs1. I did the Center cave today and I was wondering what are the "cavedrops" shown on the map (red spots) below ? I don't see anything in particular in these areas when I visit the caves. Is it normal ? 
Maybe I didn't check well enough but I didn't see anything the 2-3  times I went today.

700px-Central_Cave_Cavemap.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, Mensana21 said:

Just to précise, I can kill it if prepared, I also have tamed one.
My question is really about killing it when you're taken "by surprise" if I can say, like on your way to do whatever and bam, you need to suddenly deal with the maniac chicken obsessing over you lol 
So it's really a question about what you choose to carry on you ( = weight limit) and what (and how many) tame you usually go out with, I guess. 

I recommend u tame a giganpithecus, it has good weight ( about 300 ), don't need saddle to ride, good AOE damage ( about 120 with 230% ), good knock back ( can knock back even Bronto ), it can also wear a helmet for extra armor, the only bad thing is it's Herbivore so you can't heal it by force feed raw meet like carnivore. I play in SP and my gigan lv 50 can kill even a alpha carno ( although it almost die :P ). This is just my opinion.

Archived