Hard Snow

Vortex597

I have done it on mobile. It’s ugly but it works.

i used the thick skin and the feast buffs (bought with amber from watching ads). Then I placed a foundation and a bed inside the cave and a cupboard. I stripped all my gear and put it in the cupboard then started sprinting.

i got massacred endless times but managed to divert most of the creatures into chasms and things. Each time i respawned in my cave entrance bed and then ran again. If you do it fast enough, the creatures that chased you into a water filled chasm haven’t died and respawned so they are still there and you can run past them.  

Download a map and just be prepared to do it over and over. The advantage with doing it naked is that it doesn’t matter if you get killed. You lose nothing.

ive done it successfully at least a dozen times so it does work.

45 minutes ago, AtillatheMum said:

I have done it on mobile. It’s ugly but it works.

i used the thick skin and the feast buffs (bought with amber from watching ads). Then I placed a foundation and a bed inside the cave and a cupboard. I stripped all my gear and put it in the cupboard then started sprinting.

i got massacred endless times but managed to divert most of the creatures into chasms and things. Each time i respawned in my cave entrance bed and then ran again. If you do it fast enough, the creatures that chased you into a water filled chasm haven’t died and respawned so they are still there and you can run past them.  

Download a map and just be prepared to do it over and over. The advantage with doing it naked is that it doesn’t matter if you get killed. You lose nothing.

ive done it successfully at least a dozen times so it does work.

Bro the last one was just inefficient this is litterally blatant suicide

Yes it’s suicide - but I got the artifact multiple times and have several sets of scuba gear from tributing it multiple times. So all’s well that ends well!

You aren’t going to be able to do the snow cave solo by fighting the creatures. They are too powerful. You have to be smart about it and use everything you can - including yourself!

I play SP on mobile - Just watched the video.  That wolf is a beast.  I reckon he could’ve saved himself some trouble by putting down metal spikes at bottlenecks and letting the majority of creatures kill themselves.  That’s what I’m doing.  I’m prepping the cave for future expeditions.  I’ve built a small hut inside the cave just before the first spawn of creatures,  got a load of metal spikes made and stored - some are all ready in-situ - and I am slowly moving forward.  It may not be time efficient for the first run but I reckon (if planned correctly) it should be infinitely easier on future runs... it may not be the most exciting but I haven’t died in there yet and that’s without a mount.   I do have journeyman and > fur gear though..

on my private server I can build into the cave so I hatch several Therizinosaurus into the cave.   Only Yeti and bears aggro when on those  which makes the cave doable.  The most annoying dino in there is by far the Purlovia.  I dont think its in the mobile version, so omg, this will be much easier.

I get 2 food buffs (curry and enduro) and put vege cakes on the Ther so they heal themselves every 30 secs (they will do this automatically, no need to force feed, which imo makes them better).  I also have a mastercraft shotgun and mastercraft flak armor.  Even with all those , this place is no picnic. I dont use fur because if you get dismount you will get one shot by bears or yeti or stun by Purlovia then killed  (I hate those so much, so OP). Even with mastercraft gear, if you get aggro by several Purlovia, you will die.

To hatch the Therizinosaur, I builded a small base in the cavern after the first river.  You need a generator, several air conditioning, a dino door and I have block the dinos from the rigth side with walls and spikes.  So I can either go down the path or go get the loot crate on the left at the end of the river. After I builded dino dont spawn at entrance anymore.  I have also build a heavy turret in case I run up the hill with some dinos biting my butt.

14 hours ago, Herbapou said:

on my private server I can build into the cave so I hatch several Therizinosaurus into the cave.   Only Yeti and bears aggro when on those  which makes the cave doable.  The most annoying dino in there is by far the Purlovia.  I dont think its in the mobile version, so omg, this will be much easier.

I get 2 food buffs (curry and enduro) and put vege cakes on the Ther so they heal themselves every 30 secs (they will do this automatically, no need to force feed, which imo makes them better).  I also have a mastercraft shotgun and mastercraft flak armor.  Even with all those , this place is no picnic. I dont use fur because if you get dismount you will get one shot by bears or yeti or stun by Purlovia then killed  (I hate those so much, so OP). Even with mastercraft gear, if you get aggro by several Purlovia, you will die.

To hatch the Therizinosaur, I builded a small base in the cavern after the first river.  You need a generator, several air conditioning, a dino door and I have block the dinos from the rigth side with walls and spikes.  So I can either go down the path or go get the loot crate on the left at the end of the river. After I builded dino dont spawn at entrance anymore.  I have also build a heavy turret in case I run up the hill with some dinos biting my butt.

This is for the mobile game so partially useless info.  

Vortex - FYI - completed snow cave with journeyman fur, a few cooked meat (5), Direbolical - my non-imprinted, tamed canine companion (with 3k+ health and 500% melee) and some weapons - journeyman assault (200 ammo master fabr’ pistol 160 ammo, bog standard rifle hardly used) Forgot to take my Fria curry and health potions from stores before I went deep into cave plus Direbolical had only 40 meat.  I had journeyed too far into the cave to turn back and had used all my metal spikes so I was cautious - to say the least - about losing my high level wolf and dying.  I took it at walking pace, got the beasties to aggro me from a distance and killed them easily. A few shots from assault then Dire’ takes the rest.  I have to admit I was rather impressed with myself.  0 deaths later, I walk out of the cave with the artefact, my ‘tames’ and most importantly my life!!  All my ammo was spent ( I was nervous on the return trip I can tell you!) and my gloves had broken, but I completed the cave easier than I thought.   Good luck vortex.  I’m away now to find Direbolical a mate.  His baby is gonna be hench and eager for the swamp cave.   Oh, I got 10 amber, scuba mask, compound bow and gas mask from artefact loot. 

8 hours ago, HavelockVetinari said:

This is for the mobile game so partially useless info.  

Vortex - FYI - completed snow cave with journeyman fur, a few cooked meat (5), Direbolical - my non-imprinted, tamed canine companion (with 3k+ health and 500% melee) and some weapons - journeyman assault (200 ammo master fabr’ pistol 160 ammo, bog standard rifle hardly used) Forgot to take my Fria curry and health potions from stores before I went deep into cave plus Direbolical had only 40 meat.  I had journeyed too far into the cave to turn back and had used all my metal spikes so I was cautious - to say the least - about losing my high level wolf and dying.  I took it at walking pace, got the beasties to aggro me from a distance and killed them easily. A few shots from assault then Dire’ takes the rest.  I have to admit I was rather impressed with myself.  0 deaths later, I walk out of the cave with the artefact, my ‘tames’ and most importantly my life!!  All my ammo was spent ( I was nervous on the return trip I can tell you!) and my gloves had broken, but I completed the cave easier than I thought.   Good luck vortex.  I’m away now to find Direbolical a mate.  His baby is gonna be hench and eager for the swamp cave.   Oh, I got 10 amber, scuba mask, compound bow and gas mask from artefact loot. 

So, is there Purlovia in snow cave on mobile?

22 hours ago, HavelockVetinari said:

No purlovia yet.  There will be though, in an upcoming patch.  

Ack!

They should consider not puting them in there on mobile. The caves are a bit unbalance.  You can faceroll any caves except swamp and snow.  Swamp is very doable with frog or Baronyxn and a few gas masks.  Snow is just plain insane, the difficulty gap is too big.

In the meantime, if you can, go get the snow artifact while its much easier.

I’m going to prepare the cave fully so I can run through on a mount.  I’ll set up another small camp halfway in case of emergencies and build high walkways (with railings) where I can to avoid beasties and the water.  

I’ve only ventured into the entrance of the swamp cave by accident early on in the game, since I only just got rewarded a gas mask I’m going to be cautious and wait until I’ve bred my wolves (which I now have two and are in the process of ‘getting it on’ ❤️) and levelled up their offspring before entering again. 

Regarding creature content;  The otter is also being added.  I’ve read that it can carry an artefact as well.  The publisher stated that they were “...unsure if it was a glitch or on purpose.”  In game, however, it states that only 1 can be carried by an entity at a time.  I have tried and failed to stash an artefact in my mount so it’ll be interesting to see if the otter can carry one.  If so, then I reckon it’s probably on purpose and that’s the reason for the addition.  Double rewards I hear you say?  Yes please, sir!! 

1 hour ago, HavelockVetinari said:

I’m going to prepare the cave fully so I can run through on a mount.  I’ll set up another small camp halfway in case of emergencies and build high walkways (with railings) where I can to avoid beasties and the water.  

I’ve only ventured into the entrance of the swamp cave by accident early on in the game, since I only just got rewarded a gas mask I’m going to be cautious and wait until I’ve bred my wolves (which I now have two and are in the process of ‘getting it on’ ❤️) and levelled up their offspring before entering again. 

Regarding creature content;  The otter is also being added.  I’ve read that it can carry an artefact as well.  The publisher stated that they were “...unsure if it was a glitch or on purpose.”  In game, however, it states that only 1 can be carried by an entity at a time.  I have tried and failed to stash an artefact in my mount so it’ll be interesting to see if the otter can carry one.  If so, then I reckon it’s probably on purpose and that’s the reason for the addition.  Double rewards I hear you say?  Yes please, sir!! 

i think the otter on the pc can carry as many artefacts as its weight allows. i’m not certain tho

Archived