What do you feed your itchys ?

Mensana21

Hello everyone, 

I just find 1 of my 3 lost itchys. As mentionned before, I was always wondering if my itchys were eating, because they don't seem to ! 
When I found my itchy, I gave him stacks of meat and was expecting to see the number going down quickly. Nope. I "slept 7 hours" and went back to see if he ate : still didn't eat anything. I cooked the "Rockwell Recipe : Egg-based kibble Consumable" that we can give to any tamed creature, he did not eat that either. Why do my itchys don't eat ??

Edit: Just find my second itchy. He had 22 spoiled meat in its inventory... Also tried Prime raw fish, but they dont eat that either. Their health is fine though. Do they eat very small quantity maybe and not as often as the other creatures ? 

6 hours ago, Mensana21 said:

Hello everyone, 

I just find 1 of my 3 lost itchys. As mentionned before, I was always wondering if my itchys were eating, because they don't seem to ! 
When I found my itchy, I gave him stacks of meat and was expecting to see the number going down quickly. Nope. I "slept 7 hours" and went back to see if he ate : still didn't eat anything. I cooked the "Rockwell Recipe : Egg-based kibble Consumable" that we can give to any tamed creature, he did not eat that either. Why do my itchys don't eat ??

Edit: Just find my second itchy. He had 22 spoiled meat in its inventory... Also tried Prime raw fish, but they dont eat that either. Their health is fine though. Do they eat very small quantity maybe and not as often as the other creatures ? 

They eat meat

I play in solo so my experience may be different to yours, but...

i dont feed feed my dinosaurs unless I’m using them. If I’m flying on my argy or pteranodon and the hungry message comes up (& it’s not referring to me) I whack some raw meat in, or kill something for them to eat. But apart from that I don’t actually feed them.

i did have a feed trough at my main base, but I rarely filled it up, didn’t always have both meat and veg, and not all my dinosaurs could access it.

this may be different to multi player though.

As for the rotted meat. If they have food the Dino will eat it, but each stack of meat will gradually rot. So unless your Dino can eat through all of the meat before it rots, you’re still going to find rotten meat in its inventory.

Hello @ScreamingViolet
I play Solo too. 
I know, for loosing sight of some of my dinos for a relatively long period, that they can sustain for quite a while without any food. I currently have 40 creatures and I'm tired of feeding them lol 
I may just do like you do. 
I once bought a feeding trhough but I never installed it because I didn't want my dinos (especially my females) to wander around ; I wanted them placed in a way that I can see all the eggs at the first sight. If ever I use the feed through it's going to be for males only. 

Archived