So why are you allowed to place c4 on friendly structures?

Frost027

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Unless you are on PvE. Insiding is totally okay. Actually, it's one of the standard way to play. 

Get in a tribe, earn trust for 6-7months, rob them blind when they are all off and if done correctly, you can still stay in the tribe and blame someone else. 

Not only that..in big war tribes sometimes when doing invites there r mistakes...lol happens so often...

59 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Unless you are on PvE. Insiding is totally okay. Actually, it's one of the standard way to play. 

Get in a tribe, earn trust for 6-7months, rob them blind when they are all off and if done correctly, you can still stay in the tribe and blame someone else. 

OR 

Do the new meta of insiding: join tribe, activate cheats, get reported = dev wipe whole tribe.

mission accomplished

7 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Not only that..in big war tribes sometimes when doing invites there r mistakes...lol happens so often...

Lmfao don't I know. If you can't get in the tribe it is REALLY easy to get in most voice chats. I can't tell you how many battles I've been in where I've gotten into the enemies voice chat, told them I was a tribe coming to help, and just listened to their battle strats lol

18 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

How so? You dont have to screw over your tribemates to win which is what your statement implies in the context of this line of discussion.

Lol if that's what you took from that then that says more about you. I'm just saying you can't go on about "honor" in survival. Survival means the strongest to survive. You have to have wits, perseverance, and an ability to adapt. Honor or morality only means you're the first to fall in a fight

3 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Lol if that's what you took from that then that says more about you. I'm just saying you can't go on about "honor" in survival. Survival means the strongest to survive. You have to have wits, perseverance, and an ability to adapt. Honor or morality only means you're the first to fall in a fight

Ugh. Another one of those “we are forced do the worst things to survive “ types. People like you are the ones that end up in my cage with handcuffs and a constant supply of food and narcs for my amusement. A 10 person tribe can keep you there for a longgggg time and render your hard-worked lvl 95 character useless..and you’ll be forced to start over as a beach bob.

It is just a video game and people use it as an excuse to act out on their sociopathic fantasies.    So in return, I get to act out my vigilantism :) 

Its a sandbox game with emergent gameplay, its about social interactions and how humans behave, and a fascinating game at that, Ark, especially on official PVP, is human nature in raw, unfiltered form and truly delivers on the Survival and Tribal theme. People complaining about insiding just dont get the type of game this is. How you treat and lead your tribe mates, how you handle diplomacy and politics with other tribes, your ability to form trusting relationships with players, they are a huge part of Ark. Removing things like being able to back-stab a tribe, being a saboteur or such, would make for a much less richer gameplay.

3 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Ugh. Another one of those “we are forced do the worst things to survive “ types. People like you are the ones that end up in my cage with handcuffs and a constant supply of food and narcs for my amusement. A 10 person tribe can keep you there for a longgggg time and render your hard-worked lvl 95 character useless..and you’ll be forced to start over as a beach bob.

It is just a video game and people use it as an excuse to act out on their sociopathic fantasies.    So in return, I get to act out my vigilantism :) 

And you are free to be a good person and not to so such things, or help fight back against that do it. Thats the beauty of the Ark, its a sandbox game, and it is upto you decide upon ethics of what is right and wrong, and enforce it. I can tell you from experience that many megatribes have extremely dim view of insiders, and hunt them with great prejudice no matter where they flee and try to start with a new tribe.

I will end this post with saying that, for the record, I despise insiders personally but understand why the mechanic is there in the game. It is like Crusader Kings 2 or Mount and Blades lords being able to betray you. Its a huge part of the games mechanic, managing NPCs and their loyalty in CK2/MB kingdoms, or human players in case of Arks tribal gameplay, is a core part of the game experience itself.

14 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Lol nope. I'm the person who sneaks into your base, cuffs you to a bench, and makes you watch as I sword your tames down one by one but, by all means, think you're better than you are ;-)

Guest loststonerboy

To me this all sounds a bit too familiar, kinda purge-ish. Especially since someone mentioned acting out sociopathic, and vigilante fantasies.

Basically it's almost exactly like the purge, but instead of just 12 continuous hours, it's all day every day, which gives you the opportunity to make an elaborate plan, lay in wait, and act when the time is right.

Blessed be our New Founding Fathers, and ARK! May God be with you all!

1 hour ago, Baklap said:

Spend half a year getting their trust, then you rob them and stay in the tribe so you basically robbed yourself? XD

The thing is that what you rob, you give to your true tribe that might or might not have an insider. The cycle of life. 

The fact that you can stay is to rob them again later, until they find out it's you. 

17 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

"Hard-worked" You can basically churn out one lvl 100 every 5h solo on week-end. Below lvl 100 they are basically disposable. 

If you get your hands on a tribe owner dumb enough to go with the owner character or a 100+ then that's more like it. But honestly, if you can secure ascensions once, you can do it for the alts too, so, meh... 

23 minutes ago, loststonerboy said:

Umm yeah because he is describing a sexcrime... One of the most heinous types of crimes. My profile picture doesn't even come close to being that horrid.

Well, that went off-topic fast. 

But honestly sex crime on minors are not that bad, it's just bad morally, but in the grand scheme of things, humans are the worst, please sterilize the whole human race and let it die off so furry species can develop... 

Ok, on an other note and now on topic:

Morally wrong is subjective. Insiding is an heroic act if you consider it from the point of view of the tribe who sent the insider. 

23 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Honor will not lead you falling first in a fight. There are many examples of honorable men winning throughout the history of this planet to counter your statement. Lets be honest here, people are condoning dishonorable actions because the internet allows you to act out the worst qualities in us anonymously. You can pvp for thousands of hours and still be successful in this game without having to resort to tactics like insiding a tribe. The fact that you think its funny or ok shows more about you than it does me. It says that you are the type of person who CANT win without resorting to underhanded tactics. There are thousands of pvp videos on Youtube that showcase players winning without resorting to dishonorable actions such as gaining someones trust and then screwing them over. Sadly, I am wasting my time debating this with you, because this concept will never sink in with your faulty wiring.

13 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Honor will not lead you falling first in a fight. There are many examples of honorable men winning throughout the history of this planet to counter your statement. Lets be honest here, people are condoning dishonorable actions because the internet allows you to act out the worst qualities in us anonymously. You can pvp for thousands of hours and still be successful in this game without having to resort to tactics like insiding a tribe. The fact that you think its funny or ok shows more about you than it does me. It says that you are the type of person who CANT win without resorting to underhanded tactics. There are thousands of pvp videos on Youtube that showcase players winning without resorting to dishonorable actions such as gaining someones trust and then screwing them over. Sadly, I am wasting my time debating this with you, because this concept will never sink in with your faulty wiring.

Lol let me leave you with a little piece of information that will always help you out

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight then your tactics suck" and "If you want my gun then you'll have to proceed through a wall of bullets and beat me to death with it"

Never assume your enemy fights with honor and always fight like it's your last

Also, for your honor in history BS, if what you say was remotely true then explain why armies no longer line up in rows to fight face to face because that was always seen as the honorable way to fight. Here's a hint: It's more tactical to fight from cover

So while you cry in a thatch hut about others not having honor, me and the rest of my scoundrels are having fun with the loot you provided

29 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Oh, those are the rare exceptions and also on specific conditions. The ones that win in the long run are the unscrupulous ones. Just look at our society, we are the living proof that caring will only lead you so far. Look at the Aspen case. They jacked the reimbursed drugs price to make the state pay for research instead of getting private funding that would force them to jack the price of unreimbursed drugs, making them less accessible to the poor. Now look at what happened. Aspen got arrested while the other pharmaceutical companies that jacked up the price of unreimbursed drugs that makes them far less accessible are totally free to do so. 

Honor is worth nothing. You might win once or twice, but if you want to win with constancy, you need to be unscrupulous. History records results while the means to them are usually just glanced over. Spartans were just really good at marketing, they were never really good at war... Now we have "spartan trainings"... By the way, Leonidas never wanted to stay behind, they were just forced but they marketed it as a sacrifice... Truly avant-garde marketing at that time. 

Anyway. Insiding made several mega tribe fall across several servers overnight. With close to no loss from the perpetrators that were not even 15 in numbers. I doubt any of your honorable method would lead to even remotely the same results. 

4 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Anyway. Insiding made several mega tribe fall across several servers overnight. With close to no loss from the perpetrators that were not even 15 in numbers. I doubt any of your honorable method would lead to even remotely the same results. 

Exactly, I've seen plenty of people say that offline raiding is dishonorable because the other tribe can't fight back but guess what's the best way to guarantee that you have less losses? Why would I fight to meet someone's code of honor and potentially lose my stuff when I can fight like a scoundrel and come out with a profit? It's pretty simple

Guest loststonerboy

So why can't people just throw there stuff in a safe and set a pin code or make it so that, only they can open there own safe... Then unless they demolish the safe your stuff is fine?

Also on the other hand why not have a way to make say an automatic gun, or plant x, start shooting at anyone even tribe members who try to take your things when your not online?

I think it would be awesome to do Booby traps and if someone tried to go into your "safe room" a poison grenade, that actually killed instantly instead of just knocking you out like the current one does. Or mix a few together, like the current poison grenade goes off knocks em out and then an oil jar drops on them, then one if the explosive or multiple explosive grenades drop on them to burn and kill them.

Or even an email notification that says your being attacked?

2 hours ago, loststonerboy said:

So why can't people just throw there stuff in a safe and set a pin code or make it so that, only they can open there own safe... Then unless they demolish the safe your stuff is fine?

Also on the other hand why not have a way to make say an automatic gun, or plant x, start shooting at anyone even tribe members who try to take your things when your not online?

I think it would be awesome to do Booby traps and if someone tried to go into your "safe room" a poison grenade, that actually killed instantly instead of just knocking you out like the current one does. Or mix a few together, like the current poison grenade goes off knocks em out and then an oil jar drops on them, then one if the explosive or multiple explosive grenades drop on them to burn and kill them.

Or even an email notification that says your being attacked?

Traps doesn't recognize anyone, they trigger on everyone including yourself. And funny enough, works against others in PvE

• invincibleqc changed the title to So why are you allowed to place c4 on friendly structures?

Archived