Ark I’m no longer going to be participating nor be playing your games

KidOfArk

its funny how many people says, just start over again, im like so we are expecting frequent crash/bugs and our money invested game account, just to start again due to bugs? come on people, not everybody have the time, and we are supposed to enjoy the game. how does one enjoy when the game itself is buggy or not properly patched? do people here expect a positive feedback? can this community be more realistic? if the game goes well in the future then its a win win for everybody. i really do like the game and hope for its most success yet, but currently its hard to say so because i have met many bugs that other player have submitted and as i eagerly and happily thought that the bugs have been fixed like the patch says *cough* cave crashes *cough*, just to found out its barely even fixed. its a patch while back and its the same as now. still not fixed yet. im playing sp without fully experienced the game due to cave crashes.

and yes i've followed all the advices but its still not working.

im still clinging to positivity even though mostly i have bitter experience in playing this game and rarely sweet moments not because of the challenges but the bugs and crashes i've encountered alot.

just please fix this game, for all of us. 

57 minutes ago, ScreamingViolet said:

As for deleting the local save when you updated... who told you to do that?

i think he didnt realize what he typed or either you dont get what his point.

but still, why do you even point this out? he is just telling you how upsetting of what he is going through.

he need advices not your lecture of how to move on without valid reasons.

and i think you do need to apologize to him.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, KidOfArk said:

I have made a topic a while ago saying I lost everything in my solo world! Which is true, ark i want my stuff back I’m not after attention nor recognition I just want my stuff back! The money and time I’ve blown on this game is unbelievable and it was all because I supported you guys. I want real war drum employees to read this and respond and I’ll know when you guys do. This is honestly angering having to restart all that hard work that i did I had 33 hard earned hard to get tames  and your game does me dirty like this? This is not acceptable i find this very bad as a company

and you, atleast tell us have you tried what the mods instructed you to do like other user here claims? 

3 hours ago, MrUnknown13 said:

uhhhhhh, its useless if the player has already known all of these and experienced. what is exactly your point? 

I’m not saying that for him it would be the exact same things, but for sure he would makes some things differently, for the better, and this changes the way the game is experienced. I’m French so sorry my English isn’t the best but I wanted to show that in this unfortunate event, there is still something positive for him if he plays again. I have lost everything too so I know I KNOW how it’s frustrating, but I love the game so I started over.. in the beginning I was upset, like waiting to reach level 18 to get a freakin preserving bin when I had electricity and fridges before, etc.. it’s upsetting. But when I got installed with the basics, I started enjoying the game again and doing new things, and it came before reaching my previous level. I actually didn’t reach my previous level yet, but I enjoy the game as much as if I did. What I’m trying to say is that I don’t ressent from not being the level I was because this time I made better choices and got everything I had and even more than my previous solo world. So if you loose your game, there’s still hope you’ll enjoy the game and it won’t take as long as it took you the first time. Hoppefully my point was more understandable this time. 

I’ve never once said that anyone should just get over it, accept it, or even to start over again.

i would be beyond mortified if I lost my game progress. Quite seriously I would be in tears and inconsolable. I have so much empathy for this persons situation. It sucks....big time.

however... and this is the point I’ve been trying to make...

the solution is not going to be found by trash talking the developers in the forums. This is what I was trying to say originally at the same time as trying to help them with the issue. Far too many people get upset in the game and come to the forums to express anger at the devs and request, or in some cases...demand they get help.

in order to even understand the problem you’re experiencing the developers need to know a bunch of stuff. That’s why there is a process for reporting bugs and asking for help. The form they ask that someone fills out covers all the different things that they need to know in order to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue. 

A random post in a general thread on a forum isn’t the best way to get a technical issue resolved.

so As I said... when they’ve followed all of the developers instructions and are still not getting any help, that’s when I’ll get my Pom poms out and cheer for their cause. I have all the empathy in the world for their situation, but no time at all for the attitude.

2 hours ago, MrUnknown13 said:

i think he didnt realize what he typed or either you dont get what his point.

but still, why do you even point this out? he is just telling you how upsetting of what he is going through.

he need advices not your lecture of how to move on without valid reasons.

and i think you do need to apologize to him.

He claimed that he deleted his save somehow in relation to the update. So I was just trying to figure out if the game had told him to delete the local save before updating? Or did the video he mentioned originally tell him to delete it? Or did it get deleted by his device/whatever when he updated.

Was just trying to clarify the situation. If I’ve mis-interpreted something there I am in all honesty sorry for that. 

Well the game is about surviving. So be a survivor. 

Valuing my time is exactly what I do actually : I’m conscious and considerate about the time I spent playing because I had fun, and this is the whole point of playing in a game, isn't it ? I value the time I spent because  I enjoyed it, and this is why I returned to the game after loosing my progression, yeah even though a wiped out is disappointing.
My message that got misunderstood was to shed light of the not necessarily obvious positive outcome that can arises from going through the pain that losing your solo world represents.  

Also I didn’t appreciate the tone of your message, when you said to @ScreamingViolet that she needs to apologizes to you. This was rude.
I understand you’re mad and don’t forget @KidOfArk, I’ve experienced the exact same lost as you did, actually even a little more since I was at a higher level when I lost everything, in addition of the 2 or 3 times where I loose ALL my tames due to caves bug (which I’ve well documented as well in this forum). But that’s no reason to lash out on other players or on the developers. The latest is doing the impossible. Seriously, have you take a look at the other survival games in the AppStore ? They look like a bad joke, made in 1998. It’s simply awful and made my eyes bleed all over my iPad Pro screen.  

They are in no way at Ark level, but the better graphics, etc. obviously comes with bigger challenges from the later.  

So I think the people who are developing Ark deserves encouragements; we want them to continue, and to keep improving. They are the best at the moment ! And since the last patch, I’ve seen improvements. I’ve reported plenty of bugs before the last patch, you can just lookup my screen name and I really seen a great improvement since. 

Don’t spend money to buy Ancient Amber or other micro-transactions before you know it’s “insta-reliable” : I think that’s the real issue and that’s what makes you feel resentful - which I 100% understand ; if you spent money, you deserve to receive what you paid for.  
And from other players’s feedbacks that I could read on this forum, the people behind Ark do makes up for what you paid for, quickly, and provide with a bonus as a compensation. Granted that you sent them the recipe of the purchases you’ve made. 
This is what @ScreamingViolet was kindly telling you in greater details.  

You know, we’re all on the same side, it’s not a dichotomic community as you seems to think. Devs or players here are not the antagonists of you, it’s not like they laugh machiavelicaly at your despair : I truly think that they truly feel bad when someone reports losing everything like it happened to us. 
These devs are working to make the impossible possible, for you, for us to enjoy. 

Personnaly I would love to see other Maps available on Mobile like Ragnarok but if people just complains so much, we don't give them any reason to do so.

Lastly, this game is about surviving in adversity. See if you’re resilient enough to survive. 

This is just a game. 

Some people in real life get completely wiped out from all they have and hardly worked for during devasting tornado, tsunamis, inundations, and other natural catastrophes. I don’t know, maybe just take a second to think about them and the amplitude of these real disasters. Maybe it will helps you relativize that you lost your solo world, but it really just is a virtual solo world, that you can do again easily if you put the effort in. 

Archived