Ark I’m no longer going to be participating nor be playing your games

KidOfArk

I have made a topic a while ago saying I lost everything in my solo world! Which is true, ark i want my stuff back I’m not after attention nor recognition I just want my stuff back! The money and time I’ve blown on this game is unbelievable and it was all because I supported you guys. I want real war drum employees to read this and respond and I’ll know when you guys do. This is honestly angering having to restart all that hard work that i did I had 33 hard earned hard to get tames  and your game does me dirty like this? This is not acceptable i find this very bad as a company

You guys know you’re ants in the eyes of a company. I’m not trying to be mean or harsh but blunt. People think if you do something it’ll make the company see the error of their ways. People will still continue to buy amber and god console. Yes it sucks but I’ve had to restart as well. Either do it or move on to another game. Might I suggest Celtic hero’s. 

17 hours ago, Korkan said:

You guys know you’re ants in the eyes of a company. I’m not trying to be mean or harsh but blunt. People think if you do something it’ll make the company see the error of their ways. People will still continue to buy amber and god console. Yes it sucks but I’ve had to restart as well. Either do it or move on to another game. Might I suggest Celtic hero’s. 

These devs are actually pretty good with compensation so no your not ants but it is a single player world where nothing was purchased so there is nothing they can really do to restore your stuff maybe if you had a screen shot you could prove what you had and that’s it’s been deleted but there still isn’t much they can do with a single player world

For the record it is bad, and this is why you should make a backup of the entire save folder located:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved  < Here is where your original saves go so if you where on ragnarok or whatever map you were on your saves should be there if not either you deleted them or someone did cause they do not just disappear that i am aware of.

^ You should be able to restore to a time where you do not lose to much.

If you removed a mod i suppose you could get these issues, so be aware of which you use at what time and load and unload them as you need.

3 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

For the record it is bad, and this is why you should make a backup of the entire save folder located:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved  < Here is where your original saves go so if you where on ragnarok or whatever map you were on your saves should be there if not either you deleted them or someone did cause they do not just disappear that i am aware of.

^ You should be able to restore to a time where you do not lose to much.

If you removed a mod i suppose you could get these issues, so be aware of which you use at what time and load and unload them as you need.

Um bro this is mobile wrong forum

@KidOfArk have you tried contacting them directly or posting in the Bug reports and support thread.

the devs may not see it in this thread, but I know for a fact that they regularly check that particular thread and in my experience have been very attentive and incredibly helpful.  And whilst my experience could be very different to others, I think that these guys are way better than a lot of game devs out there.

have a look through the bug reports forum thread, you may find other people reporting similar issues, sometimes you might find the solution to your problem through feedback from other players.

Within the bugs and support section there is Also a specific thread titles “submit a bug report” this instructs you to submit a bug report and to include as much info as you possibly can.

If after doing everything that you can to bring it to their attention, if after communicating clearly the exact nature of your issue via direct communication rather than a forum post under a general topic that could easily be missed, if after that they still don’t respond then you can trash talk the devs. But at the moment they quite likely have no idea you have a problem, but even if they saw this post there’s no way that they can help you based on such little info.

if you are on iOS and have an issue with having paid for something (such as Amber) and can’t use it because the game crashed, or whatever, Apple are pretty good with getting your money refunded if you are unhappy with an ingame purchase. It doesn’t always work, but is worth a try.

and if you come back having done all that and are still not getting any kind of help or resolution, then I will be there with my pom-poms to back you up in bagging the devs. 

WAIT...

I just read your previous message thread... -> ARK MOBILE DELETED ALL MY STUFF

have you done what they suggested? 

Have you looked for the local save files?

From what I can tell you posted a public message that contained no specific information, but the developers responded quickly and tried to help you. They suggested you check the local saved files and said that you could submit a form to look at having your purchases refunded/be compensated.

From what I can gather you somehow deleted your saved game after watching a video online that showed how after the latest update we can have our solo game saved either locally (with 3 save slots) or via iCloud. If I’m right, that’s not the developers fault. They may be able to help you, but they haven’t done anything wrong and for you to call them out and make them look bad... 

If I’m wrong I’ll openly apologise, but you’re making them out to be awful and like they don’t give a toss, and that’s just not true. 

• GroveStreet
1 hour ago, LokiKenzington said:

I have been stuck at a white screen after crashing in the swamp cave now for a month. Sent bug reports posted on the forum and contacted eardrum in an email and NO response to any of them for this garbage sp issue

Did you update to the latest version of the app? We implemented a fix in the latest patch that's worked for a lot of users who had this issue.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:13 PM, Vortex597 said:

These devs are actually pretty good with compensation so no your not ants but it is a single player world where nothing was purchased so there is nothing they can really do to restore your stuff maybe if you had a screen shot you could prove what you had and that’s it’s been deleted but there still isn’t much they can do with a single player world

On 9/13/2018 at 12:24 AM, Mensana21 said:

Hello @KidOfArk
I'm curious to see what you'll get as a response. I lost everything in my solo world too last Friday and so did @Moretakitty

On 9/13/2018 at 11:11 PM, ScreamingViolet said:

WAIT...

I just read your previous message thread... -> ARK MOBILE DELETED ALL MY STUFF

have you done what they suggested? 

Have you looked for the local save files?

From what I can tell you posted a public message that contained no specific information, but the developers responded quickly and tried to help you. They suggested you check the local saved files and said that you could submit a form to look at having your purchases refunded/be compensated.

From what I can gather you somehow deleted your saved game after watching a video online that showed how after the latest update we can have our solo game saved either locally (with 3 save slots) or via iCloud. If I’m right, that’s not the developers fault. They may be able to help you, but they haven’t done anything wrong and for you to call them out and make them look bad... 

If I’m wrong I’ll openly apologise, but you’re making them out to be awful and like they don’t give a toss, and that’s just not true. 

Woah woah woah you’re jumping to conclusions I’m not making them look like that. They make themselves look like that. On update day I locally saved before I updated and when I logged on they were gone. Sorry if I seem rude but how the heck am I suppose to react if I waste time on a persons game if they just don’t care about the work I had done?? What was the point of deleting the current save? This post would’ve been avoided if we didn’t have to do that. Imma need your apologies now for trying to call me out so yeh just get ya facts straight.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, spiderjockey4321 said:

it doesn’t matter how hard you worked. the devs can’t compensate you cus singleplayer worlds are saved on your device. they can compensate any purchases you made if you show evidence

I wish I could but I can’t just screen shot every single thing I buy and idk if I have the apple reciepts

1 hour ago, KidOfArk said:

I was  1 Level behind from getting the Allo saddle ( maybe 66 or 67) I had tons of metal, narcotics, 33 whole tames and my time was wasted when can y’all realize that time is valuable

Yea you lost a lot but you can get that back pretty easily if you do the cave quests with the boosters and stuff

@KidOfArk Think of the endless hours of fun this free game brought to you. Is it fair to dismiss it like that ? Sure you lost your world, but you still spent endless great moments...

Also, if you give another chance to the game, you’re going to be better than you were at your last level. For example, before I was wiped out, I was at level 72. I started from the begining and now at level 62 I’m more advanced than I was at level 72.

Because of the previous experience, I know what I didn’t want to buy (the stone fireplace I bought thinking that I could cook meat with but couldn’t, for example, or the water reservoir, the feeding through, the wooden staircase, the ballista bolt) or buy at the right time (like don’t buy the repellent if you don’t have any pelt you won’t be able to make it anyways, or a ballista bolt thinking you can just shoot it with a crossbow, you can’t). As a direct result, I had more blueprints points to buy better stuff this time. There are good equipments that I got this time that I didn’t have before like the pump-action, the tranq darts, the craftale beehive, the sap-tap, the flare gun - which I though was only useful for multiplayers mode but turns out to be useful in solo as well. These new acquisitions change my gameplay from my first experience in a positive way.

You gained experience and you know the map so you’d probably put your base at a better location, make better choices, tame some creatures earlier than you did before. I have 3 achatinas for polymer while I had none at level 72.  I tamed a couple of saberthooths as soon as I got the tranq arrows (and bought saddles through the Tannery Station). This time I put my base closer to the water, on a more even ground than my previous base, and this new spot allows me to easily have a bigger variety of creatures (I’m at 46, 84 by the water: at a safe distance from the swamps but also near the mountains, so great metal source and stones + all the creatures that lives in these environments VS before when I was near the lava cave, just getting something a little exotic like a sarco for example would require a lot more time because of the travels back and forth, etc. Now I can tame 3-4 sarcos at the same time and walk them to my base in a couple of seconds.

All this makes me a more advanced player than I was at a higher level. I’m sure that if you play again, you could say the same. 

18 hours ago, KidOfArk said:

Woah woah woah you’re jumping to conclusions I’m not making them look like that. They make themselves look like that. On update day I locally saved before I updated and when I logged on they were gone. Sorry if I seem rude but how the heck am I suppose to react if I waste time on a persons game if they just don’t care about the work I had done?? What was the point of deleting the current save? This post would’ve been avoided if we didn’t have to do that. Imma need your apologies now for trying to call me out so yeh just get ya facts straight.

Considering you asked I will answer...

you are are supposed to react by following their instructions and if that doesn’t solve the issue or at least move things towards the direction then you can throw a tantrum.

the point I was trying to make was what did you expect the developers to do, based on the severe lack of info you provided in your initial posts?  I could try and explain it better but couldn’t be bothered

You’ll be waiting a long time for an apology mate

Edit: I completely mis-read something and completely mis interpreted something else, rather than just delete my bitchy comment, I would in fact like to apologise. My bad.

seems like you didn’t have to wait so long after all.

sorry 

15 hours ago, KidOfArk said:

I wish I could but I can’t just screen shot every single thing I buy and idk if I have the apple reciepts

The receipts of you Apple purchases are attached to your Apple ID, so it’s just a simple matter of contacting them, or going through your emails as they send you a receipt for all purchases, both recent purchases and subscriptions such as primal pass.

3 hours ago, Mensana21 said:

@KidOfArk Think of the endless hours of fun this free game brought to you. Is it fair to dismiss it like that ? Sure you lost your world, but you still spent endless great moments...

Also, if you give another chance to the game, you’re going to be better than you were at your last level. For example, before I was wiped out, I was at level 72. I started from the begining and now at level 62 I’m more advanced than I was at level 72.

Because of the previous experience, I know what I didn’t want to buy (the stone fireplace I bought thinking that I could cook meat with but couldn’t, for example, or the water reservoir, the feeding through, the wooden staircase, the ballista bolt) or buy at the right time (like don’t buy the repellent if you don’t have any pelt you won’t be able to make it anyways, or a ballista bolt thinking you can just shoot it with a crossbow, you can’t). As a direct result, I had more blueprints points to buy better stuff this time. There are good equipments that I got this time that I didn’t have before like the pump-action, the tranq darts, the craftale beehive, the sap-tap, the flare gun - which I though was only useful for multiplayers mode but turns out to be useful in solo as well. These new acquisitions change my gameplay from my first experience in a positive way.

You gained experience and you know the map so you’d probably put your base at a better location, make better choices, tame some creatures earlier than you did before. I have 3 achatinas for polymer while I had none at level 72.  I tamed a couple of saberthooths as soon as I got the tranq arrows (and bought saddles through the Tannery Station). This time I put my base closer to the water, on a more even ground than my previous base, and this new spot allows me to easily have a bigger variety of creatures (I’m at 46, 84 by the water: at a safe distance from the swamps but also near the mountains, so great metal source and stones + all the creatures that lives in these environments VS before when I was near the lava cave, just getting something a little exotic like a sarco for example would require a lot more time because of the travels back and forth, etc. Now I can tame 3-4 sarcos at the same time and walk them to my base in a couple of seconds.

All this makes me a more advanced player than I was at a higher level. I’m sure that if you play again, you could say the same. 

uhhhhhh, its useless if the player has already known all of these and experienced. what is exactly your point? 

Archived