Ark Painting Issues

Rohun

Hey guys,

I just want to know if im not the only one in the same boat or not?

My tribe and i have been trying to add paintings and stuff around our base you know because that pve life ^^, but for some reason when i try to add a paint that i have downloaded from a website like...http://arkpaint.com/paint/signs/canvas/fridge-eat-it-or-go-hungry/

That painting to be perfectly clear, Everytime i go to paint it or anyone in my tribe for that matter. We keep crashing midway, now before anyone says "your pc is a potato"

These are my specs

qCNwX4N.png

Along with my tribe mates who have similar or better builds.

Can anyone shine some light on this please it's frustrating and i don't know what to do about it.

Cheers,

Rohan

• 3 weeks later...

So i figured out a possible solution to this if anyone is still following this.

I noticed that i kept getting kicked from the server as i was trying to paint and after some trials i came to the conclusion that,
It's related to the ping. Atleast for me anyways, If you have a high ping to the server then you can't paint from a template, because you have to "send" data to the ark servers
and have it store it there for you and you just can't do that with high ping im guessing. That's why it dc's you out.

My theory on it anyways. I have been able to paint everything i wanted whilst the server was quiet and i was around 60-80ping, anywhere in the 90+ i couldn't do it.

Good Luck :)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I basically gave up on template painting. It isnt just high ping thats the issue, the act of template painting CAUSES high ping and will crash you. I made the bad mistake of just continuing to relog in and continue painting till I got a few canvases finishes which after idk like 20 crashes in a row I apparently got external IP banned and I couldnt join any servers but OC servers. My ISP had no idea how to reset my external IP cause they are utterly retarded, but luckily I was just about to switch ISP's anyway and that fixed my IP issue.

Thoroughly scared to try to paint canvases again as much as I would like to.

the solution is to make your painting a smaller pixel size then convert it to a template again, the larger pixel templates are causing a issue when using them on Official/Unofficial servers, when using them in single player they load up fine.

We had the same issue with disconnects while painting, after scaling them down on pixel size the issue went away.

2 hours ago, caleb68 said:

the solution is to make your painting a smaller pixel size then convert it to a template again, the larger pixel templates are causing a issue when using them on Official/Unofficial servers, when using them in single player they load up fine.

We had the same issue with disconnects while painting, after scaling them down on pixel size the issue went away.

Could you explain how to reduce the pixel size? I literally downloaded a pack of solid black backgrounds with white words on single canvases, pretty minimalistic yet it crashes almost every time.

say if the picture is 512x512 pixels before converting, and it causes problems,  resize the picture in your paint program to 256x256 then convert it.

on ones others have already done you'd need something to convert them back to pictures from the templates so you could resize.  They were probably made and tested on single player rather then a online server and is why your having issues with them. overall file size can cause a issue too, if the templates file size is too large it will mess up no matter how small the picture is.

I don't play around with this in Ark but I have in other games and often it helps to reduce the colors.  Don't know if it would help in Ark but worth try.

• Most photographs have a color depth of 16 million colors and can be decreased to 256,000 (256K) colors without significant quality reduction. Going below 256K colors, however, can make the image appear jagged, grainy or discolored.
  • The number of colors is determined by the "pixel depth," which is the amount of color for each pixel. The higher the pixel depth, the more detail in the photograph.
  • Non-photographic images are generally 256K or lower because they do not require as much detail.

Many free online programs will do a color reduction for your pic.

Archived