Any Ideas On How To Stop A Spam Builder

SassieKat

We have a spambuilder. He is a solo player tribe and building these HUGE bases (well, empty buildings, not actual bases) all over the map. Cannot even go the Pack cave, all up North  with out d/c'ing due to his bases. Only seen a few dinos in one building. He places them side by and GMs havenot done ANYTHING about him even though several on the server have reported him. As of right now, he has over 20 bases all along the snow area up north coming down the West side and working his way around the map. SO does anyone have any ideas no how to stop this guy? He has it where you can not send him PSN messages (basically this is his troll account). 

ADDED: This is PS4 PvE Official Server on The Island map

Play unofficial servers with enforced rules about base size and number of bases.

You may not like my answer, but it does actually solve your problem.

Does the official PvE rules actually include rules about number of bases or their size? If not, then just being selfish, greedy, and not sharing the land isn't against the rules.

I have been suggesting we have a proximity timer put on building materials.  So if you don't keep your stuffs for logging in anymore but instead keep your stuffs because you actually went near it.  I would set it so you have to visit you possessions once every two irl days or they decompose like a dropped item.  That would stop complete map take overs.  Yes, they could still bed teleport and visit their belongings.  But how determined you are to keeping your stuff should decide if you get to keep yoru stuffs.  If you don't like play singleplayer with no timers.

I would also like a proximity timer put on pets but it should be bigger than a construction proximity timer.  Like get near your pet once a month irl or loose it.

Please no prox timer on dead abandon bodies.  Reasons.  No, I'm not drowning noobs.

And yeah until this issue is resolved the only way to fight a build spammer is to fight fire with fire.  You have no choice but to spam down your own pillars.   He who gets to the land first gets the land.

Lure a titan, park tame close to his wall and let the titan hit you, destroying the wall. Win! 

Keep luring brontos and big dinos in the hole you blew, throw pillars in any spots in his bases. Find half built buildings and pillar em. 

Spawn block all around him. Stop him from being able to harvest. Land a wyvern ontop of him when hes online, angle the tail and push him under the mesh then take a video, report him for meshing

Ah pve :) 

Will have to try something, just sad that the GMs won't do anything. We already lost about 2-3 good tribes for they could not even stay logged in due his bases and lost everything. Then another 2-3 tribes left the server put down transmitters and left the server. If this keeps up, I will quitting for I am a solo player and to find and relocate my entire base is unacceptable. I have been on this server since Day 1. 

On 9/12/2018 at 5:39 PM, SassieKat said:

We have a spambuilder. He is a solo player tribe and building these HUGE bases (well, empty buildings, not actual bases) all over the map. Cannot even go the Pack cave, all up North  with out d/c'ing due to his bases. Only seen a few dinos in one building. He places them side by and GMs havenot done ANYTHING about him even though several on the server have reported him. As of right now, he has over 20 bases all along the snow area up north coming down the West side and working his way around the map. SO does anyone have any ideas no how to stop this guy? He has it where you can not send him PSN messages (basically this is his troll account). 

ADDED: This is PS4 PvE Official Server on The Island map

place a c4 on his doors then when goes outside blow him to kindom come

5 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Several players just want land,  they report others for pillaring and get gm to sign over some land. As time goes by and some time later that "some land" is included in their empire. It is human nature. Nothing can stop that.

Do you need to? Nope.

This is exactly why PvE as a game mode seems incomplete. There is no in-game method/mechanic of solving land disputes, tame hoarders, griefers, etc.

There needs to be more diplomacy and communication systems in place. 

PvP (not the ark PvP meta), but more the ability to setting disputes and protect your tribe...is really needed in PvE.

Archived