ForgeMaster92

pvp PS4 Custom PVP Boosted Ragnarok-Abberation

Play a custom ark experience that you've never seen before!

I've setup a new PS4 PVP dedicated server on the Ragnarok map with Aberration dinos, resources, and engrams.

This is a boosted server with lots of tweaks and custom settings to make the game more balanced and enjoyable. This includes custom XP curves and from-scratch rebuilt loot system. It's also a 6-man tribe server.

I've written out all the changes in detail below. These configurations are subject to change.

I'm planning on going live with the server on 09/17/2018. As we get closer I'll provide a more specific time.

The server name is: ForgeWorks Public PVP Ragnarok-Abberation. The server is currently password protected while I'm doing testing. The server will be wiped and probably set to public after going live.

If you are interested in joining the server, please let me know so I can get an idea of the amount of interest which will determine the size of the server.

I don't plan on doing admin things like helping people get unstuck so you'll be on your own. I'll be busy with work, life, or playing the game!

I'll answer questions or suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks,
ForgeMaster

SERVER CONFIGURATION:

Spoiler

Important Rates:

• Taming: 4x.
  • Harvesting: 2x.
  • Mating: 2x.
  • Egg hatching: 4x.
  • Mature speed: 16x.
  • Egg laying: 1x.
  • Cuddle: 8x.

General Settings / Changes:

• Holiday / special events will match official.
  • Dino wipes may be done when needed or possibly requested.
  • Admin will not be using commands or any advantages for playing.
  • Tribes are limited to 6 players.
  • 3rd person is allowed.
  • Map location is enabled.
  • The day/night cycle time has been doubled. It will be day time twice as long, night time half as long.
  • Player food and water drain reduced by 25% so your not constantly eating / drinking.
  • Player stamina drain reduced by 50% because we aren't fat.
  • Dino stamina drain reduced by 50% because dinos because they should be able to run for more than a few seconds.
  • Corse locator is enabled. Finding your bag is annoying.
  • Gamma is enabled.
  • Damage markers are disabled. Wish we had private markers I could enable.
  • Anyone in your tribe can imprint on dinos. No one likes to babysit.
  • Platform saddles can have multiple floors.
  • Building no clip is enabled. It's tough for pvp but ark building sucks.
  • Dino tame limit is currently set to 300. This may change.
  • No permanent diseases. How can a new body still be sick?
  • Difficulty is default Ragnarok: 5.0
  • Spawn animations have been disabled.
  • Crosshair and hit markers are enabled.
  • Resources should respawn closer to your base. Place foundations if you want them cleared out.
  • Multiple unicorns can be tamed!
  • Spoiling will take 3x longer to spoil. No more instant spoiling of prime.
  • Items dropped will take 3x longer to disappear.
  • Your corpse bag will take 5x longer to disappear.
  • Baby dinos will consume 50% less food. No more instant dead babies.
  • Crops will grow 3x faster and last 4x longer before decaying.
  • Spike walls will damage wild dinos. I think it's stupid they don't normally.
  • Each level of weight applied to dinos will double to balance out harvesting.
  • Many building related engrams have had their engram point cost reduced.
  • All tek items except for the tek replicator and tek light have been removed for balancing. You’ll still need to defeat the map boss to unlock these engrams and get the required element.
  • Decorative engrams have been moved to level 1, only cost 1 engram point, and have lower crafting requirements. Why did these cost so much in the first place?
  • Dino spawns for pegomastax, manta, troodon, and ichthynoris have been reduced by 50%. Rejoice!
  • Titanosaurs have been removed from the game for balancing purposes.
  • A few misc engrams have been moved to different levels and require different engram points and have different resource requirements.
  • The player and dino XP curve has been rounded out. It may take more XP to level up in early levels but late game levels will take a lot less XP that on official.
  • Loot beacons, cave drops, ocean drops, and boss drops have had a complete rework and are now much more balanced and randomized. You'll never know what you are going to get!

Special gathering rates:

• Flint = 1.5x.
  • Element = 3x.
  • Rare mushroom = 2x.
  • Green, blue, and red gem = 3x.
  • Clay = 2x.
  • Narcoberry = 1.5x.

Aberration:

• Because aberration engrams aren’t enabled on Ragnarok, aberration engrams will automatically unlock once you reach the required level.
  • See section below for info on Aberration dinos.
  • See section below for info on where to find Aberration resources.
  • All aberration items and structures can be used on Ragnarok except for gas ball collectors and charge lanterns as there are no gas veins or charging stations for batteries.
  • All engrams that required fungal wood have been changed to regular wood as there wasn’t a good way to harvest it / add it.

Aberration Resources:

• Green Gems: digging moll rats, poison and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Blue Gems: digging moll rats, lightning and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Red Gems: digging moll rats, fire and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Gas Balls: leedsichthys drops, basilosaurus drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Mushrooms and plant species Z: brontosaurus, diplodocus drops.

Aberration Dinos:

• Nameless, reapers, and glowbugs can't be added to the map.
  • Lamprey are not on the map as I don't believe they have any use with no radiation zones.
  • All other dinos have been added as best as I can to locations that would make sense for that creature. They are great additions to the map!
  • All dinos can be tamed normally except for rock drakes and basilisks. See below sections for details on how to tame them.
  • I didn't add any of the aberrant / glowing creatures.

Rock Drake:

• There are no rock drake nests on the map and they can't be added in any way.
  • To get around this, I've added fertilized rock drake eggs as a rare drop on wild rock drakes.
  • Due to game limitations, the eggs will always spawn in at level 1 so you won't get a very high level max rock drake.
  • Because of a game bug,  the eggs will also spawn in with 0 health. Dropping the egg anywhere that doesn’t have the required temperature will instantly kill the egg so be careful. As long as you keep the egg in your inventory, a dino inventory, or in a preserving bin / refrigerator, the egg seems to be okay.
  • Because there are no nameless that spawn on the map, I've added nameless venom to rare titanoboa drops for food / imprinting.

Basilisk:

• Read above rock drake section on how to get rock drake eggs.
  • Because rock drake eggs instantly die when dropped without being under enough AC, you'll have to get creative on how to tame them.
  • I've tested myself and I was able to do so. Think outside the box!

PVP:

• The following are recommendations / encouragements to keep the pvp friendly. These aren't required and they won't be enforced.
  • Don't pick on new players, let people build and grow before challenging them. Sandbagging is for losers.
  • Don't kill passive or harmless dinos. Taming / breeding is a lot of work.
  • Don't totally destroy / wipe a base and instead destroy only what’s need to get inside and loot. Starting over sucks.
  • Released captured prisoners after a few days / weeks or offer their tribe a random. It's no fun when no one can play.

Edited by ForgeMaster92

This is perfect! I've got a group of 5 that would love to join. We're struggling to find a good server with decent people. Love the PVP aspect of this game! It's fun to build up and attack and defend but getting completely wiped is the worst. Would like to see what other people have to say about joining this server 🤔

22 hours ago, Gumby563 said:

So the loot drops are custom? I've never been on a server that did this, nor did I even know this is possible. How custom are they? If you could just give a general idea?

Basically the loot beacon system is made of a bunch of loot tables where each beacon is made up of 1 or more loot packages and each package can contain 1 or more items. The default drops made by wildcard are pretty terrible / lazy because there isn't a good range of packages and items in those packages. This leaves you with a lot of the same gear over and over. I've made the loot tables for ragnarok from scratch by adding a ton of loot packages with different levels of quality the higher up the beacon is. So packages like farming, hunting, structures, guns, consumables, kibble, etc, etc. So essentially no more always getting medium crop plot blueprint. You can still get crappy drops but you can also get super good drops, from the same style of beacon. The randomness seems a lot better and makes it more exiting going after drops as even lower quality drops you'd normally skip over can still contain some decent gear.

34 minutes ago, Brianbub9704 said:

I would like to join, I’ve been looking for a good pvp server, not too OP

Great! Thanks for replying, I'll mark you down.

That's the reason I built the server. I'm still testing and tweaking a few things to find a good balance. So the settings I have aren't set in stone yet, but my goal was to make the game not such a drag but still keep it feel like a survival game.

Do you have a tribe or are you currently solo? If you have a tribe that would like to join, how many players? I'm just trying to figure out how many player slots I need on the server.

The server should be up tonight at 6:30PM central time or a few minutes after. Sometimes the servers take a few minutes to show up in the PS4 server list.

The server name is: ForgeWorks Public PVP Ragnarok-Abberation

It's got 20 slots for now. I may up this later if we have lots of players.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by ForgeMaster92

So apparently the server has had damage numbers enabled for the past few days. I've tried a few times to disable them but it hasn't been working for some reason. I've tried something else, so hopefully it works properly now.
I also got a few messages about the XP curve. I've increased XP by 12.5%. So a small bump but nothing major.

Edited by ForgeMaster92